DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

The cars seem to have a bit of weight now, the way the RX cars drop over small crests during the Petter interview, looks so much better.  The Rally cars push the nose & seem to need worked through corners.

& the lighting & dust?  Stunning!  

I actually cant wait to see more of the 205... the accuracy of the modelling is outstanding 

Anyone else had to rewind and watch this part again to make sure it wasn't real life footage? Absolutely incredible.

Jepsertti said:
Anyone else had to rewind and watch this part again to many e sure it wasn't real life footage? Absolutely incredible.

I thought the exact same, this is the first time I've ever seen a game look totally photorealistic. They've done great things with the lighting, it looks incredible! This bit and the night run in Wales both look brilliant 

Evilsmurf said:
KevM said:
On a different note.  Mrs M starts back to work on Tuesday, so I have to vacate her office & relocate.

Anyone using a wheel-stand?  Can anyone recommend a good sturdy one that can fold/be put away when not in use?

I used a wheel stand pro for a few years before I got my Obutto. Good stable stand that folded away quiet well, even with a G27 attached.
Ordered one today. Seems fairly stable & easy to fold away

I was at school today trying to stay focused instead of reading all the gossip, which may or may not have been unsuccessful.  :D 

Here's my catch-up list of thoughts:
-Hyundai - I hate stupid crap like this and it makes me not want to preorder. Sucks that the Dirt team doesn't have a say in that, but I suppose paywalling one car is better than a bunch of cars or tracks or whatever.
-Those few Michigan clips were such a tease! It already looks a million times better than Finland, I'm a total sucker for autumn colors and I can't wait to see more of it.
-The actual road surface looks so much better now! The little pebbles that were only present at the start line in DR are now everywhere, and the tire tracks have depth to them. The clips shown in the rain with all the ruts filled up with water looked really fantastic.
-I watched the Wales weather timelapse back in slow motion, it looks like the water actually dries up. Is it possible to start a stage in the wet and see it dry up as you race?
-The scenery shots show some really natural looking backgrounds, I was worried the backgrounds would sort of "drop off" at a certain distance away from the road and they would start looking unnatural, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I suppose we'll see more soon enough, but that makes me a little more confident about it. I'm willing to accept a few graphical compromises needed to make Your Stage work, but it seems like you guys have got this figured out pretty well. 
-Whoever's driving the Mitsubishi needs to move the brake bias back or something  :p
-The rallycross footage is almost uncannily real looking.
-We need an official Petter Solberg League.

That's all I can think of right now. I assume we'll be seeing more previews like as we approach release? Despite the preorder stuff, I'm really excited (big surprise, right?).

BadD0g said:
-I watched the Wales weather timelapse back in slow motion, it looks like the water actually dries up. Is it possible to start a stage in the wet and see it dry up as you race?
On the topic of that Wales clip, I really liked the variety we will get in weather. Racing wales in the sunny daylight will be quite different than the wales we know. If we get this amount of variety in all the other stages it will be amazing how different you can make the envoronments by just changing the weather around.

BadD0g said:
On the topic of that Wales clip, I really liked the variety we will get in weather. Racing wales in the sunny daylight will be quite different than the wales we know. If we get this amount of variety in all the other stages it will be amazing how different you can make the envoronments by just changing the weather around.
When I saw the sun roll through I second-guessed myself - "Wait, where is this? It can't be Wales, can it?"  :D

I really love the way the fog looks, that should be a fun challenge.

Sunny Wales does indeed look nice. Although i think Australia in the rain (give us a slider that sets the intensity of the weather plz) is still the one Im looking forward to most.

Also not a fan of the pre-order Hyundai malarkey,. 
How about an exclusive rally car for those who have DR save files instead?
That's cool and gives a little nod to your biggest supporters.

A second Mk2 perhaps..

Off-topic: Can we auto-ban anyone who uses Korean characters in thread titles? This is an English forum anyway.

BadD0g said:
Bluestig said:
Just flagged 4 posts. I've done me part lads. 

just flagged a sh*t tonne of them. NZ night watch - signing out. 

You gotta stop assuming stuff :(

DLC does not mean it costs money.
Pre order DLC does not mean it doesn't become available later (it always does)
They have already said it wasn't confirmed how it will be available later.
No, they don't always go free later. Maybe a year after as the complete collection that you have to buy again, but it doesn't have to be released, and certainly not for free.
PCars locked out some cars as bonuses for special packages and the only way to get them is to pay for them.
Okay crazy idea here.

Maybe the Hyudai is the one R5 where they had trouble with finalizing the lisence agreement. As there were talks of having possibly 4 R5 cars in the game.  And it won't be finished in time for the game to be put on disk. It's always some time from when games go gold untill it's actually in stores. So it's introduced as a preorder bonus instead.

I'm probably a bit too optimistic about that but it could be a possible scenario.

It's still a day 1 DLC even if it isn't on the disk. It could just as easily be a free update to who ever buys it. This is a marketing ploy to get people to pre-purchase.
KevM said:
Whilst everyone drops their Sh#t over some R5 car, I want to congratulate @KickUp & the whole team for work they are doing.

From what I have seen, DiRT 4 has made a monumental leap forward in progress from DiRT Rally, & it was/is a mile ahead of its time even today! 

I'm seeing an awful lot to look forward to

Unfortunately you posted a .gif with Biden, Moochelle, and a very confused looking liberal in the middle. Being an extremely red-blooded American I'm tempted to disagree with that .gif.

Apropo RX,
@KickUp a little wish for the German translation for DiRT4.
The word Heat would better be better transmit to ''Lauf'' or keep it Heat.
In DIRT Rally it was translated in Hitze , was in english hot means.
WRX changed "Heat" to "Qualifying" last season, so if D4 reflects that then that'll solve that issue.

Also, in case anyone wants to relive the many conditions of Your Stage:

If I remember correctly, I think there were a lot of weather options, like light rain, heavy rain etc. Can't remember how many options there were, but there was a decent variety!

The spam is still there guys I've flagged all of them some are on 4 flags now who's our hero

Lynx2000 said:
The spam is still there guys I've flagged all of them some are on 4 flags now who's our hero
I took them biatches down.

Boom!

Jepsertti said:
Anyone else had to rewind and watch this part again to make sure it wasn't real life footage? Absolutely incredible.

Fave bit of the video for me: the Focus looks absolutely spot on and, as you say, the whole thing looks like a clip from TV. Love it!
BadD0g said:
Bluestig said:
Just flagged 4 posts. I've done me part lads. 

Would you like to know more?

KevM said:
Whilst everyone drops their Sh#t over some R5 car, I want to congratulate @KickUp & the whole team for work they are doing.

From what I have seen, DiRT 4 has made a monumental leap forward in progress from DiRT Rally, & it was/is a mile ahead of its time even today! 

I'm seeing an awful lot to look forward to

Hear hear. The R5 news seems to have distracted many from discussing the latest video. Every time we are shown a new clip the game looks that little bit more polished. There seems to be a lot more depth to DiRT 4 that we are yet to learn about as well...

...come on June: hurry up and get here! 

I dislike Spammy Gossip...   They are stealing our elation and diverting our curiosity 

I assume Sweden and Spain are still being worked on as we are yet to see anything from there.