DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Milestone officially announced GRAVEL, it's almost the polar opposite of Dirt 4, which maybe isn't a bad thing: http://gravelvideogame.com/

They do mention in the trailer something about "infinite tracks", which I raise an eyebrow at. It's not really infinite, is it Milestone?

Milestone officially announced GRAVEL, it's almost the polar opposite of Dirt 4, which maybe isn't a bad thing: http://gravelvideogame.com/

They do mention in the trailer something about "infinite tracks", which I raise an eyebrow at. It's not really infinite, is it Milestone?
"Gravel" and what they show is "Sand" :astonished:

The short trailer reminds me of Motorstorm: Pacific Rift. That wasn't a realistic racing game, but it was a very fun one! Be interested to see how this turns out. 

@KickUp 
Awesome new video :smiley: Really looks good and also happy to see some new area and cars in the game.  The WRX cars will be 2016 only, or also has the cars/liveries from Dirt Rally WRX and/or 2017? I would also be happy if a 2017 season DLC would come later in the year.

About the R5 cars, I guess the 208 will be added. Peugeot was already with the 208 RX car in DR and with a 207 S2000 in Dirt 3. 

Btw, some time ago I saw that licensing the EKS S1 was kinda difficult, but that probably has to do that Audi owns the rights of the Audi S1, and that EKS has the rights of EKS S1 RX car partly. And Audi first not was a factory team. I guess that will be no problem anymore. So I hope we get them now. :)D

With #StealTheShow hah, yeah, they are right about stealing part :D

@KickUp, will the Hyundai be available for day one pre-order steam as well? Because I'll pre-order the game the day it get's into steam!

And... the Dashboard on the Fiesta is still wrong :P

indeed, I hope @kickup and the team will fix the dashboard of the Fiesta R5, I hope they will use the right speedo meter :)

Anyways, @KickUp will we be able to sell our cars this time around? I seen something brief where someone mentioned classifieds I think they called it.

What about upgrades? I absolutely hated the upgrade system in dirt rally. I just can't wrap my head around a team entering a 250hp car that weights 2500lbs into a class where it's possible to have 350hp and only weight 2100lbs. 

Dynamic weather has been ruled out right? How about dynamic time? Start a stage at dusk and it ends at night? Or starts at dawn and ends in sun rise?

Has anything been done with the automatic transmission penalty? In dirt rally to get reverse you had to come to a complete stop, then release the brake and hit the brake again to get reverse. No way to quickly down shift and whip the car back around..Not everyone has the means to use full manual due to dexterity of ligaments.. 

How about smart ai? Specifically the crowd? Absolutely hated spectators being static and being forced reset just because you got within 10m of them. Yet sometimes you could fly right by them and be good. The crow should move when a car gets too close. I understand some of it was to refrain from cheating or corner cutting, but I feel in 2017 something else could be done. 

Speaking of cheating blocks, will concrete bushes and solid uranium being going away? So frustrating to make a small mistake and hit a bush that's right beside the road and come to a dead stop. Or whipping around a corner hitting an advert sign to get the side of your car smashed in and bounced around 4 times. 

What about more customization on car set up? Diff split from front to rear on AWD cars, tire pressure, tire choices, turbo psi as well as when it builds boost and when it passes the bov (if car equipped? 

With that said, what about being able to save and share car set ups between players? And what I'd really love, is for the crew being able to suggest set ups for a stage. They know as well as the co driver knows what the stage entails even if the driver doesn't. They would be able to tweak the car to a general set up. Like if the stage was more flat, they'd know to firm up the suspension. But if the stage had decent jumps, to soften it up. Same as ride height. 

How about actual mud? Something I've missed from early rally games is actually mud that bogs the car down and makes traction go haywire. 

That's all I got for now. Ive asked all this before but haven't even any answers.. sorry if you've answered them before and I've seen you answer multiple questions that's asked the same thing and I think it's just great you keep answering them. 

2017 will be known as the year of gaming for me. GR:WL is out in less then a week, SGW is out in a month, then D4 in June, and RDR2 in late fall. 

Again sorry for the wall of text. Looking forward to answers. 

KickUp said:
Azoresst said:
So here's a suggestion:

If you dont quite like the idea about the i20 R5 being exclusive to pre-orders and probably being a paid DLC post-launch send a tweet to Christina (@xtinamcgrath) and Andy (@AndyGray_). Maybe they can do something about it... Personally I don't like this approach.
It's not on them either so don't shoot the messengers please. I'll be speaking to people about it. 
What Paul said - it's not our decision (as ultimately Sales and our distribution partners Koch decide how the game is packaged) - but I can certainly take the feedback back to the team for future projects. However, with things locked in and announcements confirmed, I'm afraid there's very little that could come off the back of it for DiRT 4.
While I understand the fact that neither of you have control over those decision, it's unfortunate considering how much each car matters in a game such as DiRT.

I'm personally crazy excited for this game nonetheless and will be getting it day one, but just remind 'them' that holding back content as a preorder bonus, no matter how small or big, can ultimately turn out to be a purchase killer.

tbtstt said:
Jepsertti said:
Anyone else had to rewind and watch this part again to make sure it wasn't real life footage? Absolutely incredible.

Fave bit of the video for me: the Focus looks absolutely spot on and, as you say, the whole thing looks like a clip from TV. Love it!
Yeah, the lighting has definitely seen some improvements over DiRT Rally. Can't wait to trash that Focus RX in D4. The one in FH3 was really, really disappointing. 

bogani said:
I just wanna pick a car and throw around the rally school!
Me too, I think i'll spend a lot of time in there if we can drive anything. Tuning setups for dayzzzz. I have a feeling I asked or someone else asked before and that not all the cars would be available in the school as joyride, not sure

GRAVEL has always been my TM... they needed to license it from me.. 

I am milestones TOYOTA

Whoa! :D :D :D

DiRT 4 looks veeeery tasty!

I'm buying a PS4 this week so come June I'm hoping to find time for some casual DiRTiness when it comes out :D 

Have we seen any footage from Spain yet?

JorritVD said:

"Gravel" and what they show is "Sand" :astonished:
And will probably release it just before Dirt4, not falling for that again

KevM said:
Look how many studios have tried (and failed) to jump on the bandwagon since D:R EA.

Oh dear Milestone....   Not again!  lol                                     

indeed, I hope @kickup and the team will fix the dashboard of the Fiesta R5, I hope they will use the right speedo meter :)

It's something that still annoys me everytime I see it

Grabbed some screens!                                                                

Talking about "Gravel" by Milestone, I'm not sure if these grey/green creatures from hell are supposed to be rocks or what

I think its more Forza Horizon than Dirt 4.  They've gotten desperate

This definitely looks like a sign of desperation, from the unoriginal name to coincidental announcement. Who knows, it might turn out to be decent and I definitely won't complain about more rally games on the market but only if they're good. 

Wonder how much you can customize the driver. Me wantz to wear a balaclava!

:#

KevM said:
KevM said:
Look how many studios have tried (and failed) to jump on the bandwagon since D:R EA.

Oh dear Milestone....   Not again!  lol                                     
haha i seen some of the baja trucks racing yesterday on gravel.dirt 2 did this better in 2009 ! how can you make a game in 2017 look and be worse thabn a game from 2009. :p

Just banned another load.