DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

bogani said:
carpa said:
Going airborne in dirt 4 did feel a lot better. The cars felt heavy in the air, and didn't fly to the moon. That in addition to better edges of the road that no longer catapult you into the sky make the game a whole lot better!
So no more travels to the moon when something (usually my driving) goes wrong? I'll miss a bit that horrible sensation of taking off straight into a tree haha
Don't worry. Plenty of trees will still be hit ;)
'Hitting tree's' is fine, trimming the tops off them was the issue  :p

Don't suppose they've mentioned any improvements to the FFB yet have they? Specifically the kind of crappy Thrustmaster support on PS4 for DR

hello 

did anyone know the number of  locations  when the game is finished?    only 5 or more?

teknoid85 said:
hello 

did anyone know the number of  locations  when the game is finished?    only 5 or more?
Five rally locations, five rallycross circuits, three landrush locations, and DirtFish Rally School.

dwkGravey said:
teknoid85 said:
hello 

Five rally locations, five rallycross circuits, three landrush locations, and DirtFish Rally School.

More is always better, but honestly thats a fair amount of content.  

Luckily due to Your stage. And how much the weather will affect the atmosphere of the stage. If you use your imagination you can double the amount of locations. Sweden can become Norway, Wales can become Scotland, Spain can become the Canary Islands. And so on

Luckily due to Your stage. And how much the weather will affect the atmosphere of the stage. If you use your imagination you can double the amount of locations. Sweden can become Norway, Wales can become Scotland, Spain can become the Canary Islands. And so on
Michigan can become Ontario, Australia can become a different part of Australia...

The time lapse bit of Wales in the last video looked very very good with a whole different feel to the stage in different conditions.

And what with the Mystery location? It was shown for a second in the Erased Citizens video

Paul answered that one here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/243773/#Comment_243773

dwkGravey said:
Paul answered that one here: http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/243773/#Comment_243773

Does 'mystery' mean that it picks a random location out of the five we know or is it actually a new location that is still a mystery, a surprise for everyone?

Also I've been waiting for the vineyard stages of Germany to appear in a rally title for so long. Yes, RBR had some which were great but I would be so happy if they were in D4 or the next iteration. Combined with the 'YourStage' feature and the realism, it would create the perfect environment for me to rally in. 

dwkGravey said:

Does 'mystery' mean that it picks a random location out of the five we know or is it actually a new location that is still a mystery, a surprise for everyone?

Also I've been waiting for the vineyard stages of Germany to appear in a rally title for so long. Yes, RBR had some which were great but I would be so happy if they were in D4 or the next iteration. Combined with the 'YourStage' feature and the realism, it would create the perfect environment for me to rally in. 
That's the most detailed answer we've got so far, so who knows. I wouldn't get my hopes up for a new location though, it's very likely that it's a just a "surprise me" option.

I feel they're better off going for new locations rather than ones we've already seen, but I am going to miss Germany; all the junctions would have probably been a good match for Your Stage. I'd love to have vineyard stages as well, but again, I'd rather see variety.

If they were going to do Germany as a location, I would guess the Baumholder stages would fit the Your Stage tech better, as they're generally flatter. I certainly don't know for sure, but would guess that mountainside stages aren't likely to feature in the first version of this new feature.

Would be nice to have a very junction-y tarmac location though; an Ypres, Zlin or Ireland.

Your idea is Nice, but I think they best idea would be yo make a Latvia Location (Rally Liepaja) with Sweden terrain, the difference is that for Sweden your stage generate trickier Swedish roads, and for Liepaja flat out jumpy stages. (I am talking about Liepaja when it was a snow rally, but it could be any latvian rally like Rally Sarma or anyone)

Your idea is Nice, but I think they best idea would be yo make a Latvia Location (Rally Liepaja) with Sweden terrain, the difference is that for Sweden your stage generate trickier Swedish roads, and for Liepaja flat out jumpy stages. (I am talking about Liepaja when it was a snow rally, but it could be any latvian rally like Rally Sarma or anyone)
Or the Calamuchita Valley area of Argentina. Imagine the hanging bridges and long straights with hidden bedrock!

(as a Latvala fan I reluctantly approve the second feature).

I hope the Your Stage customization will let me enjoy Sweden more than i do currently on DR.
I seriously suck at Sweden. I end up murdering cars out there.

I've tried to play more of it since i heard it would be in D4, but it always ends up me pirouetting like a ballet dancer every 300m. 
Going to miss Germany and Monte.

I hope the Your Stage customization will let me enjoy Sweden more than i do currently on DR.

I've tried to play more of it since i heard it would be in D4, but it always ends up me pirouetting like a ballet dancer every 300m. 
Sweden is still going to be brutal, as confirmed by Paul:

As Paul pointed out, it is accurate. By far the best simulated snowbanks in any game to date.

If you are having problems staying on the road in Sweden, I suggest going very slowly at first, making sure you don't touch the snowbanks. In time, the confidence (and speed) will come naturally.

I wonder if Your Stage can provide wider sections of road in Sweden? The DR stages don't have much variance in width, it would be cool to see some really high-speed wider sections with less snowbanks.

Sweden was the bane of my existence in Rallisport Challenge 2, and it's no different 13 years later. 

So, uhh... I'm actually kind of glad the trophy trucks won't be able to be unleashed on rally stages. I just spent 30 minutes in D2 trying to get past the first corner without an AI forcing me into an outside rock, an inside rock, another AI, a roadside bush, or just spinning me out. Finally got started, the truck started to drive like a boat and required way to much input to not turn, which doesn't seem to affect the AI, of which caught up to me and promptly planted me in a conveniently placed wall.
I hate to be cynical, but I don't think that type of AI has been addressed, so as much as I'd love to "hot lap" the trucks on rally stages, I'm glad it won't be a career thing.