DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Sorry again for bad English . Can i ask about Career Mode a few questions @KickUp 
1)  is Career Mode made with seasons type (few events one season, if yes, do we have 20+ seasons :)? ) like Grid Games?
2) Can We change livery patern and colour in Career Mode,after sometime. when we change sponsors, new sponsor, new look for our car? (if season are in, do we have to wait season to end, to change look)
3) Are We compete in championship with points for drivers and teams?
4) can we have teammate like in Grid Game?

Sorry again for bad English . Can i ask about Career Mode a few questions @KickUp 
1)  is Career Mode made with seasons type (few events one season, if yes, do we have 20+ seasons :)? ) like Grid Games?
2) Can We change livery patern and colour in Career Mode,after sometime. when we change sponsors, new sponsor, new look for our car? (if season are in, do we have to wait season to end, to change look)
3) Are We compete in championship with points for drivers and teams?
4) can we have teammate like in Grid Game?
1) no it's based around licences. Do enough events in a particular licence to unlock the next. You can go back and replay any championship and you'll be able to do them in different vehicle classes when you do. 
2) yes you can at any time. 
3) we have drivers championships but no team championships
4) no. We wanted to but couldn't do it justice. Maybe we'll do this in the future. 

i will also miss the square corners of germany, also the hairpins of greece, gotta love them hairpins specially in a rwd car

@KickUp  have yopu seen a generated track come out like kathodo leontiou?

human1101 said:
i will also miss the square corners of germany, also the hairpins of greece, gotta love them hairpins specially in a rwd car

@KickUp  have yopu seen a generated track come out like kathodo leontiou?

Not with the big drops and constant switch back hairpins like that. 

I hate a series of switch-back hairpins

I love the tightness of Sweden

Win - Win 

:D 

I love clipping snow banks and pirouetting into the trees...

...no, wait, that's my least favourite thing in DiRT Rally. 

I've probably raced on Sweden tracks maybe no more than 20 times, just cant get on with it in the current physics. The cars either turn too sharply even on softlock or understeer. The understeering is controllable but with the overresponsive steering its like two ends of the spectrum, I believe D4 has changed this though so they're less responsive

I couldn't do Sweden on a controller and I still can't do it on a wheel! I'll have to practice some
more! Im better at Finland now, until I inevitably hit a tree flat out. 

I don't like Sweden in DiRT Rally, but still can do a few runs from time to time. Finland on the other hand...

https://youtu.be/mQR0bXO_yI8

Greece and Sweden are the two locations I have struggled with most in DiRT Rally. I have made big improvements in Greece and I am better (or rather a bit less awful) in Sweden then I was, but I'm certainly not going to challenge any of the stage records! 

Sweden is soooo enjoyable with VR, propably one of  my favorite rallies in Dirt, but with monitor I don't even go near it...

tbtstt said:
Greece and Sweden are the two locations I have struggled with most in DiRT Rally. I have made big improvements in Greece and I am better (or rather a bit less awful) in Sweden then I was, but I'm certainly not going to challenge any of the stage records! 

Greece is the trickiest location in terms of track layout, its very complex but this is why I love it. Finland I would love more if the cars didn't take off, my favourite cars though to do it in are the 2000s, they're good fun and controllable at that speed

juu1ius said:
Sweden is soooo enjoyable with VR, propably one of  my favorite rallies in Dirt, but with monitor I don't even go near it...
I will agree with this, it is a lot more fun in VR in particular

I am slowly getting faster on Sweden than i am on Finland, doesn't help that jumps are un-intuitively exaggerated on Finland.

Though i am only fast on Sweden during night stages, daylight blinds me like the snow does in reality. :D

I would honestly say that I enjoy Sweden as much as Wales, but the car setup is pretty vital.  
I find, that with Sweden, you can really get in "the zone" like no-where else in the game.  Its technical & precise, fast and flowing, & when it clicks, it feels immense!  The banks are forgiving rather than 'game-over' and the difference in surface really requires a different approach for each!

Nail it in a RWD and you really do cross the line with a sweat on and a big smile!!

EDIT:  I'm starting to think that you lot are soft...   :D

KevM said:
I would honestly say that I enjoy Sweden as much as Wales, but the car setup is pretty vital.  
I find, that with Sweden, you can really get in "the zone" like no-where else in the game.  Its technical & precise, fast and flowing, & when it clicks, it feels immense!  The banks are forgiving rather than 'game-over' and the difference in surface really requires a different approach for each!

Nail it in a RWD and you really do cross the line with a sweat on and a big smile!!

EDIT:  I'm starting to think that you lot are soft...   :D
Naaah, It's just doesnt fit my driving style. I like to cut, risk deep. Then I'm being thrown or sucked inside. 
Dunno why but from all locations Sweden is one that I don't care to drive and that's aint giving me any pleasure (though I'm not sure if I've won in there at least on lowest difficult level). I've never really liked Sweden in any rally game (well, maybe the lake part in CMR2 but not so much)

i would play finland more if it was more narrow.i like the jumps but its way too wide.sweden is okay just wales is so good that i just prefer to play that. :)

I've always loved Sweden (Norway in D3) in previous games but I never got that well along with the tracks in DR. Maybe if the they were slightly wider.

:tongue:

IvanCRO95 said:
@KickUp
I think no one aked this one, is there any chance to share setups on consoles?

Yes, you will be able to.