DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I'll miss the heavy gravel of Greece in D4.
But in the future, if you devs do a heavy gravel location similar to Greece, please do Sardegna!!
The stages are narrow with tons of hazards off the track and quite technical.

This onboard is insane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYRViA2femg&t=131s

@KickUp
Would it be (is it) possible to retain setups on location change in one event? Currently if you setup an event in a league consisting of more than one location, your car setup resets on location-swap, even if you didn't set a service park there. (Example: Stage 2 in Greece, Stage 3 in Germany, Car setup get's set to the default tarmac setup instead of taking the values from the Greece setup you just drove with)
Would be really nice if it wouldn't do that, because it would allow to setup pseudo-mixed rallys in league events, where you'd have to drive on tarmac and gravel with one and the same setup for your car.

My biggest gripe is that Sweden wasn't snowy enough. At least compared to Norway in dirt 3
Agreed, some stages look more like late winter with little snow and ice coverage and 2nd loop is gone over it already and you are mud-league 110th car on the stages.

juu1ius said:
My biggest gripe is that Sweden wasn't snowy enough. At least compared to Norway in dirt 3
Agreed some stages look more like late winter with little snow and ice coverage and 2nd loop is gone over it already and you are mud-league 110th car on the stages.

Actually, in recent years it represents the Swedish WRC event quite well; it's had fairly thin snow cover even for the first cars through for the last few years that I've been going. Arguably, having proper snow banks is an exaggeration, but one I'm grateful to be there!

juu1ius said:
Agreed some stages look more like late winter with little snow and ice coverage and 2nd loop is gone over it already and you are mud-league 110th car on the stages.

Actually, in recent years it represents the Swedish WRC event quite well; it's had fairly thin snow cover even for the first cars through for the last few years that I've been going. Arguably, having proper snow banks is an exaggeration, but one I'm grateful to be there!
1999-2000 were also particularly bad in rally Sweden. Very, very little snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUTWjGlgfbE

But in the future, if you devs do a heavy gravel location similar to Greece, please do Sardegna!!
If they do a heavy Gravel Location as DLC it has to be either Azores or Argentina before anything else!

SkyRex said:
If they do a heavy Gravel Location as DLC it has to be either Azores or Argentina before anything else!
I'd prefer Azores because of the tremendously looking scenery combined with the narrow heavy gravel roads.. 

SkyRex said:
I'd icksnay the Argentina. They are British after all.

Argentina isn't British, Argentinians hate the British. They tried to take The Falkland Islands of us, and our troops travelled halfway round the world to take them back

i just watched a crest telemetry for the first time and noticed that the top of the leaderboard were all launching off the line in 3rd and zooming on off ahead right at the beginning, something about that doesnt quite seem right to me

human1101 said:
i just watched a crest telemetry for the first time and noticed that the top of the leaderboard were all launching off the line in 3rd and zooming on off ahead right at the beginning, something about that doesnt quite seem right to me
Was it Rallycross? 

Lynx2000 said:
human1101 said:
Was it Rallycross? 
it was the sweden daily in the audi quattro

human1101 said:
Lynx2000 said:
human1101 said:
Was it Rallycross? 
it was the sweden daily in the audi quattro
People would walk right over a dead body to be fastest ;)

human1101 said:
That's because the default gearing in the Quattro is so worthless that it's quicker than starting in first or second.

Hey, i intentionally gear my Mitsu R4 on Greece setup to start from Third. :D :D 

But, yeah, the stock gearing on the Quattro is pretty short on the first three gears for the power it has, even 2nd is too short when it comes to snow.

Argentina isn't British, Argentinians hate the British. They tried to take The Falkland Islands of us, and our troops travelled halfway round the world to take them back
Some Argentines hate the British. I, for one, love the British! Also the Falklands are all yours xoxo

Some Argentines hate the British. I, for one, love the British! Also the Falklands are all yours xoxo

As a Brit, big fan of Argentina too. After all, you're the only South American nation to understand rugby properly!

Oh yeah, and it looks stunning too.

Purely a guess again - I don't really have a clue - but I'd guess Argentinian stages would be easier to procedurally generate than Azorean ones (bearing in mind everyone is talking about a single stage usually when they are talking about that rally; Sete Cidades [although there are plenty of nice ones!]).

Falklands are ridiculous either ways. Strategic sheep purposes, or something...

Some news today. Well mostly old news. But atleast it's an official announcement that you can be a female driver. There's a new screenshot too.
https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/839420199967285248

Some news today. Well mostly old news. But atleast it's an official announcement that you can be a female driver. There's a new screenshot too.
https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/839420199967285248
That's interesting. I wanted a female co-driver in DR, but I didn't like french VO that much (yeah, if you didn't know - french version had a female co-driver).

I heard of that yeah. It was probably strange to see the model of Paul having a female voice. I really liked Jen as a codriver in dirt3 and I intend to choose her in DiRT4. That reminds me, I wonder if the co-driver model will change depending on who you pick. That would be really cool if that was possible

I heard of that yeah. It was probably strange to see the model of Paul having a female voice. I really liked Jen as a codriver in dirt3 and I intend to choose her in DiRT4. That reminds me, I wonder if the co-driver model will change depending on who you pick. That would be really cool if that was possible
I really hope it will change because watching a mid-aged man reading pacenotes in Jen's voice would be quite a big of an immersion breaker for me at least.

Can we choose our co-drivers language? I assume Euro/South American versions of the game have different (non English) co-drivers.
Can we get those sound files in all versions of the game? I would like a Polish/Finnish/French/Portugese co-driver barking at me, even though i dont speak the languages.
Also, can we unlock Paul's voice as a hidden cheat code or something?