DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

For the first time a racing game that justly recognises rallying is not only for men but rather for both.

It's hard to tell from the screenshot but the driver looks feminine, and if you can change your driver to a female then I guess the co driver model will change if you chose Jen. Otherwise it would definitely be a bit stupid!

I wish they released a screenshot or some footage from the Quattro :smile:

sqdstr said:
Yeah, I'd like to see (and hear) some video of the E2 in action. Going to be good to see one of (if not the) most iconic car of the Group B era in game. 

(I'm going to miss the S1 though: I personally prefer the look of it to the E2).

Argentina isn't British, Argentinians hate the British. They tried to take The Falkland Islands of us, and our troops travelled halfway round the world to take them back
Some Argentines hate the British. I, for one, love the British! Also the Falklands are all yours xoxo
 Completely agree with you @FloatingGrass, I'm Argentinean but I love UK, and I think Falklands are British

tbtstt said:
(I'm going to miss the S1 though: I personally prefer the look of it to the E2).
I'm going to miss the fact I'll not be missing the bouncing issues that the S1 has in DR xD (yep, still not touching the rally part, only rallycross, and I agree, I'm a retard and an idiot :D )

tbtstt said:
I'm going to miss the fact I'll not be missing the bouncing issues that the S1 has in DR xD (yep, still not touching the rally part, only rallycross, and I agree, I'm a retard and an idiot :D )
Haha! Well it just occured to me that there is still a possibility that the E2 may not be a rally car: we know that there are some Group B rallycross cars in game, so perhaps the E2 will be in this class and the car in the Group B rally car class will still be the S1? 

tbtstt said:

Darhour said:
For the first time a racing game that justly recognises rallying is not only for men but rather for both.
Driveclub and Motorstorm both had the option of playing with a female character as well.

Edit: And PGR 4.

Darhour said:
Driveclub and Motorstorm both had the option of playing with a female character as well.

And Test Drive Unlimited 2

sqdstr said:
Just on that, it's big Walts 70th birthday yesterday

Jepsertti said:
I heard of that yeah. It was probably strange to see the model of Paul having a female voice. I really liked Jen as a codriver in dirt3 and I intend to choose her in DiRT4. That reminds me, I wonder if the co-driver model will change depending on who you pick. That would be really cool if that was possible
I really hope it will change because watching a mid-aged man reading pacenotes in Jen's voice would be quite a big of an immersion breaker for me at least.
Jon just kicked him in the groin for a bad call at last event, and Paul picked the french language in between.. i dont see the immersion killer

Argentina isn't British, Argentinians hate the British. They tried to take The Falkland Islands of us, and our troops travelled halfway round the world to take them back
Some Argentines hate the British. I, for one, love the British! Also the Falklands are all yours xoxo
Yeah, but the few hateful Argentinians ruin it for everybody. We've all seen how well Top Gear's Peace Keeping soccer trip went, due to a random number on the license plate.
I still think Soccer would've been bad anyways, seems to me like riots after matches are pretty common... so the boys would've had to lose.

Darhour said:

And Forza Horizon 3

JZStudios said:
Darhour said:

And Forza Horizon 3

And Live for Speed

JZStudios said:
Yeah, but the few hateful Argentinians ruin it for everybody. We've all seen how well Top Gear's Peace Keeping soccer trip went, due to a random number on the license plate.
DiRTy Thread Off Topic: There is no way in a million years that was a random number plate! They had done multiple number plate gags in Top Gear prior to the Argentina trip yet they expect us to believe that they just happened to pick a car that had that number plate? Sorry, but that is far too much of a coincidence for me...

...the local reaction was perhaps excessive, but it was only by a minority: I certainly wouldn't make a generalization on Argentina because of that. 

tbtstt said:
JZStudios said:
DiRTy Thread Off Topic: There is no way in a million years that was a random number plate! They had done multiple number plate gags in Top Gear prior to the Argentina trip yet they expect us to believe that they just happened to pick a car that had that number plate? Sorry, but that is far too much of a coincidence for me...

...the local reaction was perhaps excessive, but it was only by a minority: I certainly wouldn't make a generalization on Argentina because of that. 
I reckon the whole thing was staged for television purposes.  The American road trip was far too similar in its attack from locals

Those of you thinking they staged the number plate should watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rkw_N9pNms

Ah, somebody mentions Argentina, we immediately get the Argentina/Top Gear Scandal.

The plate is not a fake as far as i am concerned, as its first officially registered in the UK in 1991, far before Clarkson's Top Gear started.
Sigh.
I am probably more confused by the arguments all sides throw, apart from that Clarkson, even for his monkey brain, wouldn't do things that would harm the rest of the video crew.

Didzis said:
JZStudios said:
Darhour said:

And Forza Horizon 3

And Live for Speed
And F1 2010, but @Darhour specifically said rallying. Some of those games are only tangentially rallying.

Also, @ChristinaMc and Codemasters, that was a great way to reveal that option, well done. :smiley:

Snaky115 said:
 Clarkson, even for his monkey brain, wouldn't do things that would harm the rest of the video crew.

You remember what he was sacked for, right?

Though how about, instead, we focus on what Argentina does best!

Snaky115 said:
 Clarkson, even for his monkey brain, wouldn't do things that would harm the rest of the video crew.

You remember what he was sacked for, right?
It was Clarkson, who turned himself in