DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

JorritVD said:
128? :neutral: 

Great, we have a Fiat in the game :lol: 
https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3468/3379932667_546f5f2612.jpg
http://www.autobrochures.net/image/cache/data/Fiat/fiat-128-rally-1300-2-1280x720.jpg
http://www.fiat128.de/Restauration/Fiat_128_Rally_Gr__2/Fertig.06..jpg

I would have loved to visit Codies last monday, but it's just to far as I live in the Netherlands.
Could THIS be THAT car AND 128?

Hopefully they will have fixed THAT car by the time you guys get to drive it, last time I drove it, it ended up in a tree :/

Hopefully they will have fixed THAT car by the time you guys get to drive it, last time I drove it, it ended up in a tree :/

I'm surprised they had time to fix it since our last visit. I don't think there was a bit of scenery I didn't interact with in that car back in October!

tbtstt said:

I'm surprised they had time to fix it since our last visit. I don't think there was a bit of scenery I didn't interact with in that car back in October!

It's a handful alright!

Can't wait to get out in it again :)

@RallyDriven @tbtstt @Evilsmurf STOP TEASING THAT CAR! IT'S TORTURE!

Actually, continue, i'ts the good, exciting kinda torture.

789ifyz said:

50 shades of DiRT :tongue: 

789ifyz said:

I bet you've got one of these at home, haven't you?

tbtstt said:
789ifyz said:

No @justbiglee does and it has the DiRT community in it :wink: here's looking to May #Ibelive

JorritVD said:
789ifyz said:

50 shades of DiRT :tongue: 
@JorritVD     ? :neutral: 

tbtstt said:
789ifyz said:

@tbtstt *in a whisper* : shhhhhhh.... don't tell anyone... :smile: :wink: 

tbtstt said:
789ifyz said:

If in doubt, straighten out!

tbtstt said:

They'd not only rebuilt it, but they repaired it so well that it was even better than before. 

tbtstt said:
789ifyz said:

Quite efficient tools to punish the gossipers of the release date :smile: 

Well... What do I write now in the DiRTy Gossip thread? :open_mouth: 

The visit on Monday was in some ways an information overload! After months of knowing pretty much Null now the head is full info and revelations :)

Little know fact is that this was my second visit to the studio...
I visited a long time ago, in September 2013, when the game was in very early stages of development. Getting a chance to see what changed between then and now was fantastic. 

I've kept my mouth shut following the first visit and I will do so now, but it's not easy! :D And it's not because I tend to spill beans easily, but rather because it was a great day :)

The visit on Monday was in some ways an information overload! After months of knowing pretty much Null now the head is full info and revelations :)

I visited a long time ago, in September 2013, when the game was in very early stages of development. Getting a chance to see what changed between then and now was fantastic. 

I've kept my mouth shut following the first visit and I will do so now, but it's not easy! :D And it's not because I tend to spill beans easily, but rather because it was a great day :)

I don't want you to feel like you can't talk, yes granted you now know a lot but I'm sure they'll be little bits of info hidden in places for you to find and talk about still.

I don't want you to feel like you can't talk, yes granted you now know a lot but I'm sure they'll be little bits of info hidden in places for you to find and talk about still.
hmmm @GentleNameMVB our #1 DiRTGossip conspiracy theorist now knows the facts, and can't talk about it.  Ain't that ironic, lol.

hmmm @GentleNameMVB our #1 DiRTGossip conspiracy theorist now knows the facts, and can't talk about it.  Ain't that ironic, lol.

I've been chuckling to myself about this since the thread started :dizzy: 

Anyway... this week.

Monday as you know was a DiRTy test driver day, much fun was had by all and I know the guys who came can't talk about it. I will tell you that I think it's safe to say our game is awesome.

Tuesday was catching up on Monday's lost work and putting together a report to send around to everybody in the studio on what was said on the day. Wednesday was re-doing the report because I wasn't happy with it. 

The awesome dudes on web team shown me the latest version of the new look DiRT website... OMG it's sooo good!

Rest of the week comprised of looking at CV's for a Community Manager Job we have going and putting together a plan for how I want to kind of change the tone/voice of the company if that makes any sense? I think we've got a bad rep of late as a company and I think people think we are some massive game developer. So I'm taking it upon myself to try and come up with an idea to fix that... and because I seem to love creating work for myself :/ 

Next week I will be mostly... Actually I've no idea what I'm supposed to be doing next week. That'll be Monday's problem.

EDIT: Ohhh and me and Paul had a meeting with some people about a thing which I can't talk about but... no I can't talk about it sorry :P

EDIT: Ohhh and me and Paul had a meeting with some people about a thing which I can't talk about but... no I can't talk about it sorry :P

Well that's gossip right their!

I wonder what the thing is...and how the meeting went?

Gossip away...

Started a new thread:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/72042#Comment_72042

About how to improve Codemasters image.  Its all been talked about here before.  Its just some ideas about prior to a release of a game.  But someone mentioned about post release communication and support, I think this is a good issue to discuss.  If you guys have any input please post it there.

hmmm @GentleNameMVB our #1 DiRTGossip conspiracy theorist now knows the facts, and can't talk about it.  Ain't that ironic, lol.
Do you know what @justbiglee?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64zpxzeD97E
:D

... and putting together a plan for how I want to kind of change the tone/voice of the company if that makes any sense? I think we've got a bad rep of late as a company and I think people think we are some massive game developer. So I'm taking it upon myself to try and come up with an idea to fix that... and because I seem to love creating work for myself :/ 

You guys really don't deserve all the shit you get from those people complaining here on the forums. I don't really read the F1 ones, so don't know about them, but I've seen a lot of stuff regarding GAS after it was released. People really don't understand how small the team is that is developing those games, compared to  those massive game developers like EA Games etc.

I personally think that when DiRT 3 is transfered to Steamworks, this will help a lot in fixing this, because it will show people you guys care for us players. 

I really hope you can fix this, and I hope that when DiRT 4 is released, you won't have to go through the shit Loore had to go through after GAS was released. Also it would be a shame if the friendly dedicated DiRT section turns into the mess the GRID section turned into (in my opinion).
This depends on the quality of the game as well, but I feel like that won't be an issue :)

... and putting together a plan for how I want to kind of change the tone/voice of the company if that makes any sense? I think we've got a bad rep of late as a company and I think people think we are some massive game developer. So I'm taking it upon myself to try and come up with an idea to fix that... and because I seem to love creating work for myself :/ 

You guys really don't deserve all the shit you get from those people complaining here on the forums. I don't really read the F1 ones, so don't know about them, but I've seen a lot of stuff regarding GAS after it was released. People really don't understand how small the team is that is developing those games, compared to  those massive game developers like EA Games etc.

I personally think that when DiRT 3 is transfered to Steamworks, this will help a lot in fixing this, because it will show people you guys care for us players. 

I really hope you can fix this, and I hope that when DiRT 4 is released, you won't have to go through the shit Loore had to go through after GAS was released. Also it would be a shame if the friendly dedicated DiRT section turns into the mess the GRID section turned into (in my opinion).
This depends on the quality of the game as well, but I feel like that won't be an issue :)
I run a small business that competes with bigger ones. Bottom line is that you can compete on features/cost of product but you can't compete on "my business is small". It's no excuse - you have to offer something over your competitors that impacts the cusotmer. Cost of product, quality of product, better features etc.

I think part of the reason the F1 forum gets so angry is that there is an expectation gap between what the forum members want from the product and what the product is. The majority f1 people who find their way to this site are the ones that are really interested in the game, and are fanatics about F1. They want the game to simulate the F1 experience as much as possible, whereas the aim (IMO anyway) is to produce an F1 game that is a good gaming experience. This is not consistent with what the fanatics want in terms of sim.

Dirt is easier for CM in that respect because it is not trying to directly sim an existing championship (or at least Dirt3 wasn't) but produce an off road experience. There is less argument to say it is not successful as a sim - because there is nothing specific that it is trying to sim, other than an off road experience in general. This means that they can build it from stuff that makes a great game, as opposed to stuff that replicates a motor racing event as far as possible.

I want to kind of change the tone/voice of the company if that makes any sense? I think we've got a bad rep of late as a company and I think people think we are some massive game developer.

You can forgive people for thinking you had a massive team around the time of Toca 3, upto and including Grid 1 and the earlier Dirt games.  Those titles punched well above their weight with sheer quality and quantity of content.  Not so much for more recent titles, though having a smaller team doesn't have to mean poor quality.  Look what Kunos are managing, and from what I hear, they are one of the smallest.

I want to kind of change the tone/voice of the company if that makes any sense? I think we've got a bad rep of late as a company and I think people think we are some massive game developer.

You can forgive people for thinking you had a massive team around the time of Toca 3, upto and including Grid 1 and the earlier Dirt games.  Those titles punched well above their weight with sheer quality and quantity of content.  Not so much for more recent titles, though having a smaller team doesn't have to mean poor quality.  Look what Kunos are managing, and from what I hear, they are one of the smallest.
I've got to agree on this one, focusing on quality over quantity would be a great thing to do. Look at the difference of reception between DiRT 3 and DiRT Showdown, compared to DiRT 3, Showdown feels like it's put together far to quickly. Besides the (bad) decisions that have been taken with this game, there are some multiplayer breaking bugs that haven't been fixed, which is even worse.

The best way to change to tone/voice of the company in my opinion isn't done with words, but by taking action. Focus on the quality of the games, and be sure to fix any bugs that exist in games after they've been released. This way customers will think better of the company because it actually is better. Which I think is what you are aiming for.

While I was playing career mode in GAS today, some AI was on pole position with a laptime of 0:00:00, I can't remember anything even remotely like this has happened to me while playing ToCa 3 and Grid 1.