DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

This is probably too early to ask since its not out yet but does anyone think they will still play DR when D4 is out? I think initially I may do due to VR support is already in DR but the physics in will be hard to adapt back to from D4 I imagine.
With the changes coming to the rallycross cars (and the increase in rallycross circuits) for D4, I can't see me returning to play that on DR. I'm sure I will fire DR up again to revisit Pikes Peak and certain rally stages though. 

I think D4 will help replaying DR a little, while Your Stage is awesome, returning to a authentic and iconic stage in DR will feel fresh after a while playing D4.  For me this will only kill off D3 completely.  D2 will always have aplace in my heart, and will play it now and then.  I think Kenya (D3) is the only stage that will still feel unique since original Dirt, to me.  So by that i think DR will still be relevant, after the buzz of D4 wears off in time.

Anyone wish S2000 cars were going to be included to D4. Loved driving them in D3, flat out was the only way to get most out of them.

Teuchter said:
Anyone wish S2000 cars were going to be included to D4. Loved driving them in D3, flat out was the only way to get most out of them.
Not really, we've got r2 and f2 kit cars

IF YourStage creates as much variety as I hope, I will most likely never return to DR with one exception of occasionally racing up that Peak of this Pike guy...

Teuchter said:
Hasn't the S2000 class transformed to R5? So we're getting basically the most modern form of S200

Teuchter said:
You could drive everything flat out in D3, the stages were wide & the physics were simplified 

Teuchter said:

I prefer the R5s if I have to make the choice, but would be happy if it was an RC1 class mixing R5, R4 and S2000s. The only reason for wanting the latter is the sound though; those things sounded incredible compared to the newer generation.

To be honest, Ford, Peugeot and Skoda all have R5s, so it would seem a bit redundant.

The reason is say I was watching some footage of  a German rally championship round https://youtu.be/-ftNBMpR9Qo and I seen the Pug 207 with that sound mixing it with the R5s it's too late now but it could have bulked up the class. But then again conflict of interests etc

I'm fairly sure R5 classification includes older S2000 4WD cars anyway.  I doubt the game will mix the class though

Teuchter said:

I prefer the R5s if I have to make the choice, but would be happy if it was an RC1 class mixing R5, R4 and S2000s. The only reason for wanting the latter is the sound though; those things sounded incredible compared to the newer generation.

To be honest, Ford, Peugeot and Skoda all have R5s, so it would seem a bit redundant.
Yes. Tuned NA engines is the best soundtrack you can get :)

Slightly OT: I just got delivered this rad Dirt 4 tshirt signed by Petter Solberg and Kris Meeke which was given away on facebook by the official WRX page....yep, I'm a lucky bastard XD Surprisingly it even fits well but I'm about to hang it on the wall as a trophy :p

AnegloPlz said:
Slightly OT: I just got delivered this rad Dirt 4 tshirt signed by Petter Solberg and Kris Meeke 

You've read this topic right? I mean that's the most on topic thing that's been posted for about 10 pages! Unless that's what you meant by 'OT'......

AnegloPlz said:
Slightly OT: I just got delivered this rad Dirt 4 tshirt signed by Petter Solberg and Kris Meeke which was given away on facebook by the official WRX page....yep, I'm a lucky bastard XD Surprisingly it even fits well but I'm about to hang it on the wall as a trophy :p
@SirPhilMcKraken and I saw several of those getting signed at the London event: they were all whisked away before we could grab one though! :D

Congrats! 

tbtstt said:
AnegloPlz said:
@SirPhilMcKraken and I saw several of those getting signed at the London event: they were all whisked away before we could grab one though! :D

Congrats! 
I know, I was thinking that when I saw this post haha. Shame! Oh well, I got to battle Meeke so I was happy :P

tbtstt said:
AnegloPlz said:

Congrats! 
I know, I was thinking that when I saw this post haha. Shame! Oh well, I got to battle Meeke so I was happy :P
Don't you mean beat Meeke?  ;)

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
AnegloPlz said:

Congrats! 
Don't you mean beat Meeke?  ;)
Not on my last one but I guarantee I would have on the next go :D

AnegloPlz said:
I wear mine with pride too :D

https://twitter.com/paulwoodford84/status/835181641198891008

AnegloPlz said:

Is yours signed @Rallycameraman? 

tbtstt said:
AnegloPlz said:

No, but I got something else that was signed from @KickUp which I am delighted to have. 

The amount of stuff hidden in drawers in Codies is outrageous!

tbtstt said:
AnegloPlz said:

No, but I got something else that was signed from @KickUp which I am delighted to have. 

The amount of stuff hidden in drawers in Codies is outrageous!
Haha! More cool stuff than storage space. What did you get? I am managing to suppress my jealously of the signed item thus far...

(...unless you tell me it's signed by Petter or Colin)

It was quite funny at the event the amount of journalists to actual rally fans, a lot less of us it seemed lol, makes sense though given the nature of it