DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

AnegloPlz said:
Slightly OT: I just got delivered this rad Dirt 4 tshirt signed by Petter Solberg and Kris Meeke which was given away on facebook by the official WRX page....yep, I'm a lucky bastard XD Surprisingly it even fits well but I'm about to hang it on the wall as a trophy :p
I wear mine with pride too :D

https://twitter.com/paulwoodford84/status/835181641198891008

You guys are both punks xD

gfRally said:
AnegloPlz said:
Slightly OT: I just got delivered this rad Dirt 4 tshirt signed by Petter Solberg and Kris Meeke which was given away on facebook by the official WRX page....yep, I'm a lucky bastard XD Surprisingly it even fits well but I'm about to hang it on the wall as a trophy :p

You changed your pic. I feel like I don't know you anymore.

;)

bogani said:
gfRally said:
AnegloPlz said:

;)

Better?  @bogani

gfRally said:
bogani said:
gfRally said:
AnegloPlz said:

;)

Better?  @bogani
You're a strong independent man, don't let people influence your decision ;)

@KickUp

Is the game going to simulate having a 1km spectator stage to start the rally and then a randomly generated chance of cancelling half of the rest of the rally?

If not, I'm calling arcade. Or just that DiRT's organisers are much better organised than the FIA.....

@KickUp

Is the game going to simulate having a 1km spectator stage to start the rally and then a randomly generated chance of cancelling half of the rest of the rally?

If not, I'm calling arcade. Or just that DiRT's organisers are much better organised than the FIA.....
Good shout @RodgerDavies. Perhaps it could be implemented in the form of a random "stuck in traffic" bonus level?

I would also like dirt 4 to include having to sit on a plane to get to a stage. And there better be proper simulated in flight entertainment and air hostesses bringing trollers around

I can see it now. In a few years time, Codemasters are going to sit back with all the billions of £££ they make from D4 and think "With the amazing help and suggestions of the DiRTy Gossip Thread, we made the best rally game:

Teuchter said:
Not gossipy in the gaming sense but I read in Motorsport News that Skoda are cooking up a 2018/2019 WRC car...
Citing how Mikkelsen has already driven for them this year and Gronholm (who has done a lot of testing in the stillborn 2017 Polo WRC) has been spotted testing the Fabia R5 for no reason at all. 

Hmm, I read that one a bit differently. I think both are still under some form of contract with VW and VW are developing an R5 car for sale next year. Mikkelsen is obviously good for wins and in a competitive sense for Skoda, but the Gronholm involvement I assumed was to get a baseline for the Polo R5 development.

Teuchter said:
Not gossipy in the gaming sense but I read in Motorsport News that Skoda are cooking up a 2018/2019 WRC car...
Citing how Mikkelsen has already driven for them this year and Gronholm (who has done a lot of testing in the stillborn 2017 Polo WRC) has been spotted testing the Fabia R5 for no reason at all. 

Hmm, I read that one a bit differently. I think both are still under some form of contract with VW and VW are developing an R5 car for sale next year. Mikkelsen is obviously good for wins and in a competitive sense for Skoda, but the Gronholm involvement I assumed was to get a baseline for the Polo R5 development.
That's true I forgot their plans but could it be possible that as a trade off VW could exchange knowledge of the Polo for R5 development though as goodwill? 

Don't know if this is already asked but will shakedown part of the first stage like in dirt rally or will there be a new short stage generated for it

Lynx2000 said:
Don't know if this is already asked but will shakedown part of the first stage like in dirt rally or will there be a new short stage generated for it
We'll do it like DiRT Rally

@kickup can we match other players set ups like in f1 2016 ? for top times and getting them simple .f1 2016 system is perfect .click change then have the set up.

I believe when I played it shakedown was timed this time, so you could see the effects of your setups a bit better

I believe when I played it shakedown was timed this time, so you could see the effects of your setups a bit better
This is fantastic. 

Yep, this is true

dgeesi0 said:
@kickup can we match other players set ups like in f1 2016 ? for top times and getting them simple .f1 2016 system is perfect .click change then have the set up.
We allow players to share their setups but it won't work like F12016's system. 

Artists impression of the General Discussion section right now:

Damn spammers are persistent, I'll give them that!

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/50948/this-is-unacceptable

Codemasters, indeed.