DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Anyone else out on the Malcolm Wilson Rally this morning, per chance?
Sadly not. I was actually planning to go to the opening BTRDA rallycross round at Blyton, but I have to skip it for work. Bugger!

@kickup May I Ask about Team Branding?
  1. Are we abel to put car logo (or symbol) on car? (if its Ford, Ford logo on hood, roof. door.. etc)
  2. About livery pattern, are they some of those form that can almost replicate some real livery of  real world special car? with right pattern and colour plate..
  3. About Team Management, are this time, the Engineers level up overal with time and past milage? if someone has overal 65, after 1000milage he will have 67 or so?

tbtstt said:

Damn spammers are persistent, I'll give them that!
Not only they're persistent, they've started to put an English word in the title... they're evolving I guess

@kickup May I Ask about Team Branding?
  1. Are we abel to put car logo (or symbol) on car? (if its Ford, Ford logo on hood, roof. door.. etc)
  2. About livery pattern, are they some of those form that can almost replicate some real livery of  real world special car? with right pattern and colour plate..
  3. About Team Management, are this time, the Engineers level up overal with time and past milage? if someone has overal 65, after 1000milage he will have 67 or so?
1. No it will be sponsors only. Manufacturers only want their logos where they put them. 

2. Some will come close but none are designed as direct replicas as they need to work across multiple cars. 

3. Engineers have emerging traits that reveal themselves over time. These can be positive or negative. 

tbtstt said:
Is there a way for us to "James Veitch" them?
Heehee, that'd be fun... but I don't think they'd respond. even if anyone here spoke Korean.

I'm just glad you fellas clean it up before I wake up so I don't have to deal with it. >:)

The fact that there's still no Korean character filter on this forum is just baffling to me. We ONLY get Korean spam here, on a fairly regular basis, but still no filter?

BadD0g said:
The fact that there's still no Korean character filter on this forum is just baffling to me. We ONLY get Korean spam here, on a fairly regular basis, but still no filter?
Actually we also get chinese spam, just not as often :D *play's "the more you know" melody in the bacground *

Didzis said:
BadD0g said:
Actually we also get chinese spam, just not as often :D *play's "the more you know" melody in the bacground *

tbtstt said:
I'm a member at a Dutch Xbox forum and there was a spam thread about football shirts. When some members reacted for fun the bot reacted back! But that wasn't everything yet. Somehow another spam bot responded in the thread with a 2 page long conversation between two spam bots as a result!  :D Never seen something like that before haha.

JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
Heehee, that'd be fun... but I don't think they'd respond. even if anyone here spoke Korean.

I'm just glad you fellas clean it up before I wake up so I don't have to deal with it. >:)
I have to thank you guys for mentioning James Veitch, I never heard of the guy.  I just spent the last 15mins LMAO.  

I actually did something like that once.  A local multi-franchise car Dealership emailed me I won 2 tickets to the upcoming Neil Diamond concert (they where legit, but I didn't want them) so I played a similar game for about a week, until the finally the OWNER replied that he was sorry for the email.  

Given Meeke's input into DiRT 4, can you confirm if Your Stage will artificially generate spectator car parks for us to drive through if we go off-piste @KickUp? 

Will we be able to race different car classes in multiplayer in DiRT4? Like, if I'm racing someone, who's not as fast, it's sometimes fun to even the playing field a bit by taking a slower car (i.e Stratos vs. Delta Integrale)

I did end up thinking "he's going to have to get back on quickly before he gets a penalty reset".
80% Terminal Damage, unrecoverable...

Kris  REAR LEFT SEEMS FLAT.

or was it left rear? didn't played with original @KickUp 's voice for a while now. 

I did end up thinking "he's going to have to get back on quickly before he gets a penalty reset".
As crap as it is turning out to be in other ways, WRC 6 is a bit more lenient with Penalty Resets.  I like that...  Often, you have to admit defeat and call for a reset manually, but most of the time, you are allowed to struggle back to the stage to continue. 

KevM said:
As crap as it is turning out to be in other ways, WRC 6 is a bit more lenient with Penalty Resets.  I like that...  Often, you have to admit defeat and call for a reset manually, but most of the time, you are allowed to struggle back to the stage to continue. 

How are you finding it? I feel like I want to play something else just to mix it up a bit before D4 comes out

How far fetched is it to take existing assets from, let's say Germany in DR and use those assets with the new "Your Stage" system? Is it viable? @KickUp

KevM said:

How are you finding it? I feel like I want to play something else just to mix it up a bit before D4 comes out
Its a vast improvement over the last one, some aspects are infuriating though.  

I spent around 2 hours trying to figure out what each of the wheel settings meant in the real world.  
Started then with the Junior WRC fwd cars and the 'feel' wasnt actually too bad.  Then WRC2, ok too, but then had a quick go with the Polo WRC on the Panzerplatte stage and soon switched it off in bad temper!  The turning circle was worse than the Titanic and the handbrake didn't really work at all at low speeds.  When it did work, you had no chance of catching/countering it.

What does work though, is the need to think waaay ahead for braking points and line.  The overall sensation of speed is lower, but the car requires a lot of (quite basic) adjustment to keep on your line.  Still puts a smile on your face when you get going well though!

Some of the stages are quite nice too and enjoying the variety of the locations.

Overall, Id say if none of us had ever played D:R before, its a good game, but its a game that feels slightly hurried and one made by non-rally people?  It lacks the passionate attention to the finer details that tend to matter to us that have experienced Dirt Rally.

PS.  I love the background noise of the service park.  Hearing a turbo-charged rally car struggling to tick over is a beautiful thing...