DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

gfRally said:
Started a new thread:

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/72042#Comment_72042

About how to improve Codemasters image.  Its all been talked about here before.  Its just some ideas about prior to a release of a game.  But someone mentioned about post release communication and support, I think this is a good issue to discuss.  If you guys have any input please post it there.

Well after posting this thread, man some are just bitter, or that's where I see it going fast.  Happy I am here with the reasonable group!  

if it gets too bitter just delete the forums without notice and alienate the community even more.

lol at that small company argument. hell if codies are so small and cant produce a finished game cos they are too small then stop releasing so many funked up games and focus on one. the biggest earner? simple business jeez

if it gets too bitter just delete the forums without notice and alienate the community even more.

lol at that small company argument. hell if codies are so small and cant produce a finished game cos they are too small then stop releasing so many funked up games and focus on one. the biggest earner? simple business jeez

You say simple business but if Codies makes 3 mediocre games that each sell half as well as one good game, that's still more sales, as well as the fact that 3 games a year is a more steady income source than one lump each year. Not disagreeing with the whole argument just making a different view point :)

@justbiglee If you are planning on doing a reveal trailer or just want some music for the in game menus, can I fully recommend this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-JokX06wDM

In slightly amusing news I've had a few emails these last few days from people around studio asking what #128 is all about.

For what its worth I'm not planning on letting them in on it either. :wink: 

In regards to Codemasters image with the public I'm still dumbfounded at your general secrecy with the release of new games. Why not engage the public more?  Screenshots, playable demo, let us in on the game modes, ask for feedback. pCars has essentially asked for help from thousands of users to help guide the final product. Assetto Corsa released while still in development. The way you guys are doing everything behind closed doors only alienates you from the sim community. I get that you opened the doors to a lucky few. But come on...time to break the silence. End the madness! Release the game in beta stage and most would gladly pay in advance and help guide the final development. Anyway, really looking forward to Dirt 4. 

KCSmoke said:
In regards to Codemasters image with the public I'm still dumbfounded at your general secrecy with the release of new games. Why not engage the public more?  Screenshots, playable demo, let us in on the game modes, ask for feedback. pCars has essentially asked for help from thousands of users to help guide the final product. Assetto Corsa released while still in development. The way you guys are doing everything behind closed doors only alienates you from the sim community. I get that you opened the doors to a lucky few. But come on...time to break the silence. End the madness! Release the game in beta stage and most would gladly pay in advance and help guide the final development. Anyway, really looking forward to Dirt 4. 
Who is saying that a beta release will not happen? It can be that the game is released in two years. And maybe a beta release in a year.

But in the end it's still a decision and strategy made by the creators of the game. It has advantages, but also disadvantages. pCars has to do it like that, because that is also how they funded. But making new beta's everytime also costs time and money. Releasing a demo or beta to early could also cause people not to buy a game. Also creating circuit racing games is a bit different than rally games I think. 

I think CM is going into the right direction, and have learned from the past, from the good and the bad stuff. But it's good to say that I think that the community is getting a bigger voice every day with all the social communication possibilities. Most of the time that also means bad stuff that happen will get more attention, although it might be very small compared to all the good stuff.

@KCSmoke said:
There are always reasons why you don't announce a game for a while, such as content changing due to licensing or tech restraints. Things often change a lot during early development. Whilst I can't say much, hopefully you will be able to see that it will be worth the wait :)

KCSmoke said:
pCars has essentially asked for help from thousands of users to help guide the final product. 
In Project CARS, the CARS stands for Community Assisted Racing Simulator, so that's how they set out to do it in the first place

@justbiglee  @GentleNameMVB  @Rallycameraman  @Evilsmurf    This place has gotten really boring with all you guys 'in the know' and now playing on Lee's team!   Miss all the wild predictions.  :smile:   Oh well, back to playing homeworld (love this game and remastered is so cool!) till something comes up.  Till then I think I'll just lurk...  Yeah sure, my big mouth never shuts up :neutral: 

gfRally said:
@justbiglee  @GentleNameMVB  @Rallycameraman  @Evilsmurf    This place has gotten really boring with all you guys 'in the know' and now playing on Lee's team!   Miss all the wild predictions.  :smile:   Oh well, back to playing homeworld (love this game and remastered is so cool!) till something comes up.  Till then I think I'll just lurk...  Yeah sure, my big mouth never shuts up :neutral: 
To be fair Greg, there's not been an awful lot to talk about recently. I might go have a look through Lee's Twitter and the dirt game Twitter see if there's anything in there 

Evilsmurf said:
EDIT: Ohhh and me and Paul had a meeting with some people about a thing which I can't talk about but... no I can't talk about it sorry :P

Well that's gossip right their!

I wonder what the thing is...and how the meeting went?

Gossip away...

Still no one got any gossip on this?

OK I'll start. I think Ken Block has dumped EA and signed a gymkhana licence with codemasters! Because we all love gymkhana.

No? Haha.

Evilsmurf said:
Evilsmurf said:
EDIT: Ohhh and me and Paul had a meeting with some people about a thing which I can't talk about but... no I can't talk about it sorry :P

Gossip away...

OK I'll start. I think Ken Block has dumped EA and signed a gymkhana licence with codemasters! Because we all love gymkhana.

No? Haha.

Evilsmurf said:
Evilsmurf said:

Gossip away...

No? Haha.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of hooning, if it's a side activity. I really liked the playground areas in Battersea and Yokohama

Is it out now? What "That Car" is? 

https://twitter.com/Davidpexu/status/573534925472796672

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/573535188745068544

I'd actually like to see an autocross/speed run/stunt run editor built into it, similar to the one in Live For Speed.
I'm thinking something that would let us put cones up in a playground area, and dictate the proper course through them.
I'd like to see options for pure speed, as well as a mandated stunt mode.
I want at least some portion of the game to be "Holy ****" technical.

Yea some DiRT School kinda idea would be nice, I actually loved hooning around at Battersea from time to time, just not so much having to do the Gymkhana stuff in between races.

Surprised Greg or @Azoresst haven't posted in here yet following the DiRT game Twitter account postings earlier!
Ahahah I'm a "little" busy at the moment! :smile: 

dotmartin already posted the tweet, so what you guys think about that? I've seen a lot of "#thatcar". Could it be the Quattro?

But I don't think that @justbiglee would give us a hint like that! :smiley: He's too careful (well I think ahahaha).

Hmmm guys,....

I noticed this from the rival....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r9Hk96oBcA

Just information....

Hmmm guys,....

I noticed this from the rival....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r9Hk96oBcA

Just information....
Yep, they have been reading OUR forums..  Oh well..  Milestone games have always seemed a little stiff in someways.  Not sure if its the lighting or how the car interacts with the environment (I don't mean car handling) always seemed like the car was pasted on top of the screen.  The new motorcycle game looks the same, has a flat feeling to the environment.   

I don't see it as competition as such, just more games to play :)

I'm sure I'll have my favourite but until I play them all I cant say which one it will be.

Accetto Corsa (already own)

Pcars (pre ordered today)

Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo

New WRC game?

New Dirt game?

Wife's going to kill me the amount of games I'll be buying, But fun times for the driving nut!!