DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Didzis said:
Rygar86 said:
If I'm not mistaken, I heard there is something like 300 stages in the career mode for Dirt 4. Is that just for the rally stages or does that include the other racing disciplines as well?

If this is not the case, then what is the breakdown of stages for each type?

Thanks! :)
In rallycross there are 5 tracks with 3 layouts per track (not sure about the new ones, but lets assume they will have 3 layouts as well). so that makes 15 for rallycross. For landrush I think I read that there's gonna be 3 tracks, with also, probably 2-3 layouts per track, so that's like 6-9 for landrush.
There could very well be 300 stages for rally 
The existing RX tracks don't all have 3 layouts. Hell has 2, Lydden and Holjes 3.

Loeb @ Rallye de Haute Provence                           
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24krF2qbZIc

Didzis said:
Rygar86 said:
If I'm not mistaken, I heard there is something like 300 stages in the career mode for Dirt 4. Is that just for the rally stages or does that include the other racing disciplines as well?

In rallycross there are 5 tracks with 3 layouts per track (not sure about the new ones, but lets assume they will have 3 layouts as well). so that makes 15 for rallycross. For landrush I think I read that there's gonna be 3 tracks, with also, probably 2-3 layouts per track, so that's like 6-9 for landrush.
The existing RX tracks don't all have 3 layouts. Hell has 2, Lydden and Holjes 3.
Forgot about that one, still that doesn't change much, rallycross + landrush is only about 20 or so tracks

Yeah, I think the 300 stages in the career are pre set stages which have all been created using the your stage tool. So you probably won't be able to change those as it is a set in stone career mode. You can obviously create your own stages in custom events and online/leagues

Would be nice if, offline, we could have the ability to mod these stages; I just mean to swap them out with others that we've created in Your Stage. I gather at the moment, say the "Professional" level R2 championship will always have the same stages; would be nice to have the option to swap around a couple of files in the folders to amend one, should we so choose.

What did I just see?  :o

https://www.facebook.com/redbull/videos/10158527432255352/

Spoiler alert: Not related with DiRT (well sort of - but not with the game)

Yeah, I think the 300 stages in the career are pre set stages which have all been created using the your stage tool.
That's how I understood it as well. The number of possible combinations with Your Stage is going to be vastly greater than that! 

I just noticed that @justbiglee profile pic no longer shows up :confused:

tbtstt said:
Yeah, I think the 300 stages in the career are pre set stages which have all been created using the your stage tool.
That's how I understood it as well. The number of possible combinations with Your Stage is going to be vastly greater than that! 

KickUp said:
@EDDSkitz But the thing is you're complaining about nothing. The sim handling from dirt rally is still there, and it's better than it was before. And the stages, whilst they aren't real like dirt rally, they still feel real, and there are hundreds of them!
*ehem. Billions+

Didzis said:
Rygar86 said:

If this is the case then that would mean 60 unique stages per rally location! Or about 55 if the other disciples were included, now thats a proper career mode. Some more variety would make it perfect but maybe we will finally get some DLC this time round?

Rygar86 said:
Didzis said:
Rygar86 said:

If this is the case then that would mean 60 unique stages per rally location! Or about 55 if the other disciples were included, now thats a proper career mode. Some more variety would make it perfect but maybe we will finally get some DLC this time round?

Have you read about the 'Your Stage' feature for rally yet? If not, you're going to like it......

I agree that some rally based DLC would be great if the game is as good as I'm sort of expecting it to be (by which I mean DR with more stages and better airborne physics!).

There are some pre configured stages in the career that will be the same for everyone and then there are as many unique stages outside of the career with the Your Stage feature, so pretty much infinite.

Rygar86 said:

Three 'landrush', five RX (each with multiple configurations) and ??? rally stages. I believe the rally stages are curated using the Your Stage generation tech, so could be as many as they choose.

One question that i recently thought up; will the career stages all be completely 'as is' from the generator, or are any of them tweaked with unique objects or other details?
I heard the term "curated" being used somewhere, meaning (I think) they will use the track generator but then hand craft them to some extent to get a better result. I take this to mean that these stages will offer something special, maybe unique details like you refered and better looking areas then would otherwise be possible?

Remember they can play with alot more track variables than the two sliders we get in your stage, plus go in and edit any part piece by piece to make it even better.

Just imagine they gave us a proper track editer like they use one day! I heard @kickup say that might become a reality in the future. Also heard him say that we may get more parameters to play with in Your Stage if they can or maybe he meant if the need for this becomes apparent over time?I think a few more controls straight away would be a good idea.

The future is bright my friends :)

Rygar86 said:

I heard the term "curated" being used somewhere, meaning (I think) they will use track generator but then hand craft them to some extent to get a better result. I take this to mean that theses stages will offer something special, maybe unique details like you refered and better looking areas then would otherwise be possible?
This just means they are generated by 'Your Stage', but have been selected by the devs to be included. They have set the parameters (like stage length and complexity) so it suits the career progress. There hasn't been any handcrafting the generated stage, which wouldn't be necessary because you can't tell it's generated because they look so great :)

Rygar86 said:

I heard the term "curated" being used somewhere, meaning (I think) they will use track generator but then hand craft them to some extent to get a better result. I take this to mean that theses stages will offer something special, maybe unique details like you refered and better looking areas then would otherwise be possible?
This just means they are generated by 'Your Stage', but have been selected by the devs to be included. They have set the parameters (like stage length and complexity) so it suits the career progress. There hasn't been any handcrafting the generated stage, which wouldn't be necessary because you can't tell it's generated because they look so great :)
Yes perhaps I took this the wrong way and they are not hand crafting them at all. But I doubt they just used the 2 sliders to make them when they can play with it so much more finely on their end.

gfRally said:
I just noticed that @justbiglee profile pic no longer shows up :confused:

I think it sure is nice of you to make a tombstone for @Justbigee. His memory, especially of his name will never be forgotten.

There's apparently 300 stages in the career, that would take forever to go through each one and change things. As far as I'm aware they are just purely stages created using the same generator we will have, and as previously said they will probably progress with the career by becoming more technical and longer as you progress

I was thinking this morning - being realistic about my abilities - the main reason I'm able to beat Master times in DR is because I've driven the same 2 stages per location for ~380 hours. 

Do you all think Master difficulty (or equivalent) is going to be even more challenging for Dirt 4 due to the number of stages we're getting per location?

edgenz said:
Do you all think Master difficulty (or equivalent) is going to be even more challenging for Dirt 4 due to the number of stages we're getting per location?
Master difficulty in DR was from what was said essentially a times set by the fastest dev in the studio. Then they added some percentage multipliers to adjust for different conditions, difficulty etc.

In DiRT 4 due to the fact that they have infinite amount of tracks, they can't go that way, so the difficulty is most likely going to be something similar to the one in DiRT 3 I would imagine. And to be honest, on some stages the AI in DiRT 3 on the hardest level was stupendously fast.

I imagine there is some kind of formula that could be worked out with the complexity and length sliders that will help with ai times. I'm so excited to play the career mode in this game!