DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I imagine there is some kind of formula that could be worked out with the complexity and length sliders that will help with ai times. I'm so excited to play the career mode in this game!
Yeah, its something along those lines. We actually did a similar thing for our previous games as we needed to account for damage, wear rates, and all other kinds of things.

in dirt rally I really wondered what happens at the following case:

I changed gear 1 and gear 5 of the renault alpine 110 one step longer, same for final drive and saved the setup.

Now I started the career and of course I dont have the advanced car setup at the moment. Now I loaded the car setup for the alpine
And the gear slider was one step further right - and now I really wonder:
What did it load now? Did it apply the 1st and 5th longer gear?? Or are this time all gears changed? But the latter would be strange as well :D I really wonder - what does the game load then? :D

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Azoresst said:
Road Book is up, about Team management:

https://dirtgame.com/blog/45286
I had been hoping for more rallycross info but, having read about it now, I'm very keen to see more of the team aspect of the game!
It's coming! :) We'll in Barcelona at the end of the month, and we're hoping to do loads while we're out there. :)
You are? Sounds promising, hopefully you won't all blank me if I pass you in the pits again @ChristinaMc! :smiley:
Are you there?! Promise I won't blank you - I know what you look like now!... :)

gfRally said:

@ChristinaMc

You know how they say a picture is worth a thousand words?  How about next roadbook just post a picture or two :)  Heck, you wont have to type as much, lol 

Great roadbook sounds really interesting.
Our next screenshots are still pending approval with the relevant parties, alas. Working on them though!

Yeah, I think the 300 stages in the career are pre set stages which have all been created using the your stage tool. So you probably won't be able to change those as it is a set in stone career mode. You can obviously create your own stages in custom events and online/leagues
Correct - the career stages are generated by Your Stage, but curated by us to make sure it fits the challenge curve. Your Stage track generation is for custom events, freeplay, leagues, clubs, PvP, and that side of things. :)

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Azoresst said:

I had been hoping for more rallycross info but, having read about it now, I'm very keen to see more of the team aspect of the game!
It's coming! :) We'll in Barcelona at the end of the month, and we're hoping to do loads while we're out there. :)
You are? Sounds promising, hopefully you won't all blank me if I pass you in the pits again @ChristinaMc! :smiley:
Are you there?! Promise I won't blank you - I know what you look like now!... :)
I might  B)

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Azoresst said:

I am indeed @ChristinaMc! Will definitely be at four World rounds this year (possibly five, though number five is subject to funding at the moment!).
KickUp said:
tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Azoresst said:

I might  B)
That's cold @KickUp, real cold. 

Our next screenshots are still pending approval with the relevant parties, alas. Working on them though!
@ChristinaMc

Will these screens feature rally or rallyx? A mix of both? ;) . If you can share, really curious.

@ChristinaMc

Will these screens feature rally or rallyx? A mix of both? ;) . If you can share, really curious.
I won't say what to expect for now, but we basically have more of everything in the works. I'll share what gets approved first though. :P

Are the car setups in D4 still resetting on location-change in league events with multiple locations, despite not setting a service park @KickUp ?

And is it possible to set multi-class leagues? So like setting two eligible car classes for competition, but showing seperate leaderboards for both together with one overall standing? If not, might be a suggestion for the future, so you could create R5 and R4 Events with different standings for both classes while competing in the same event.

I probably just found the oldest piece of gossip about DiRT 4, which was available if I recall correctly from the very launch of DiRT Rally... we really need to up our gossip game xD

Good one!  :)                                                       

I probably just found the oldest piece of gossip about DiRT 4, which was available if I recall correctly from the very launch of DiRT Rally... we really need to up our gossip game xD

"DiRT 4 Wins", they told us what they were planning and that it was gonna be a winner. Nailed it, it's definitely looking like a winner!

The concerning thing about it is why they put that on a Metro? I hope they aren't planning any technical issues xD

Are there gonna be improvements in terms of visual damage? Not the mechanical stuff, but the visual damage like parts falling off, cracks and dents. 

Kenny1962 said:
Will the new track surface be more interactive as in pot holes bumps and puddles ect.
Kenny.
Definitely more puddles and channels of water emerging in the rain. 

Bluestig said:
Are there gonna be improvements in terms of visual damage? Not the mechanical stuff, but the visual damage like parts falling off, cracks and dents. 
Yes. We've tried to improve this area but it's not new tech, just refinements in how we use it. 

It is also in the loading background, while the game signs up to RaceNet. I've thought it said "DiRT 4 WINS" since the announcement of the game... I guess we'll have to take a better look at number plates in D4, that's subtle messages taken to a new level!

@KickUp May I ask few questions :)
1) Are Historic Cars only to be bought from Classified Market or can we bought brand new form Dealershop. if Yes will the price difference be large ( or Small depending on Car winning History)?
2) In Career mode. we can Return to Events if we wanna do it again, but is it be posible to be Weather Changed or is set to be static? (If first stage of Event was sunny,will it be always sunny or can be cloudy or  rain?)
3) will we have DirtFish Cars or Their livery in School ?
Thanks for Your Time :)

KickUp said:
Maybe it just said Dawns, maybe there was no secret?

KickUp said:
Yeah, sure.. of course it meant only that. Just let me get my Tinfoil hat and you can tell me more about swamp gasses & weather balloons :D

I WANT TO BELIEVE!!

KickUp said:
This sounds like a diversion tactic to me. I'm sticking with the convoluted DiRTY Gossip theory.