DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@KickUp May I ask few questions :)
1) Are Historic Cars only to be bought from Classified Market or can we bought brand new form Dealershop. if Yes will the price difference be large ( or Small depending on Car winning History)?
2) In Career mode. we can Return to Events if we wanna do it again, but is it be posible to be Weather Changed or is set to be static? (If first stage of Event was sunny,will it be always sunny or can be cloudy or  rain?)
3) will we have DirtFish Cars or Their livery in School ?
Thanks for Your Time :)
1) you can only buy historics from the classifieds. They might not always be available though. 
2) you can return to events and do them again. The weather will change a bit but not a huge amount. (Amount of rainfall etc.)
3) we have some of the DirtFish cars. When you attend the school the cars will have their livery. 

KickUp said:
3) we have some of the DirtFish cars. When you attend the school the cars will have their livery. 
Dirtfish has BRZ's, any chance we'll see them in DiRT4? Would love some modern RWD's

Didzis said:
KickUp said:
Dirtfish has BRZ's, any chance we'll see them in DiRT4? Would love some modern RWD's
No plans yet. Agree it would be cool. 

I'm really looking forward to Dirtfish, not only the school but just being able to mooch around and practice without having to go onto a full stage. It was great fun at the play-test hooning around in it!

KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
This has probably been answered. Are there both tarmac and gravel in the rally school area?

bogani said:
KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
This has probably been answered. Are there both tarmac and gravel in the rally school area?

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/243736#Comment_243736

bogani said:
KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:

Thanks mate

Still curious about this though as setups/tires are surface specific. Does this mean you can play around on tarmac with a gravel spec car with gravel tires and vice versa? @KickUp

Didzis said: 
KickUp said:
Screw the BR-Z, I want the  Toyota 86 instead :lol:

in dirt rally I really wondered what happens at the following case:

I changed gear 1 and gear 5 of the renault alpine 110 one step longer, same for final drive and saved the setup.

Now I started the career and of course I dont have the advanced car setup at the moment. Now I loaded the car setup for the alpine
And the gear slider was one step further right - and now I really wonder:
What did it load now? Did it apply the 1st and 5th longer gear?? Or are this time all gears changed? But the latter would be strange as well :D I really wonder - what does the game load then? :D
anyone?

RookieOne said:
Didzis said: 
KickUp said:
What I want is an old school 80s ae86.

I changed gear 1 and gear 5 of the renault alpine 110 one step longer, same for final drive and saved the setup.

Now I started the career and of course I dont have the advanced car setup at the moment. Now I loaded the car setup for the alpine
What did it load now? Did it apply the 1st and 5th longer gear?? Or are this time all gears changed? But the latter would be strange as well :D I really wonder - what does the game load then? :D
anyone?
I don't know for sure. I'll ask. 

anyone?
I'm pretty sure the cars makes their own setup sometimes in Dirt Rally... seen it happen to most of them. They mostly appear to set the suspension to the hardest value, and the dampers to the softest value. They also mess with the gears and differentials. Not entirely sure what causes it, but always make sure you double & triple check before setting off.

RookieOne said:
Didzis said: 
KickUp said:
Now that you mention it - how would the licensing work on the Toyobaru Twins? We're not allowed to have Toyotas, but would the BRZ get by because it's *kind of* a Subaru?

anyone?
I'm pretty sure the cars makes their own setup sometimes in Dirt Rally... seen it happen to most of them. They mostly appear to set the suspension to the hardest value, and the dampers to the softest value. They also mess with the gears and differentials. Not entirely sure what causes it, but always make sure you double & triple check before setting off.
Yes, I can confirm Ive seen this on quite a few occasions and I agree it seems to be a random bug. Thing is you might not notice it if you dont have the suggested default (orange) arrows on but if you do you will see that they are way off the defaults. Quick click of the (choose) default button and its fixed.

Rygar86 said:

anyone?
Yes, I can confirm Ive seen this on quite a few occasions and I agree it seems to be a random bug. Thing is you might not notice it if you dont have the suggested default (orange) arrows on but if you do you will see that they are way off the defaults. Quick click of the (choose) default button and its fixed.
this is what i was getting at a while ago with the crazy setups that load on daily events, i was told that it was to do with it loading a subscribed setup but i have since got rid of all subscriptions and it still happens so that was total BS it really throws you off the road sometimes

Didzis said:
RookieOne said:
AE or GT? :D 

this would be awsome to go agaist the alpine and such but the ae86 has atleast been in a codemasters game before

human1101 said:
this would be awsome to go agaist the alpine and such but the ae86 has atleast been in a codemasters game before
It wouldn't really suit a rally game since I don't think it was used in rally, at least there are no mentions about it in the wiki page, only that it competed in some GT and endurance races

@KickUp May I ask. 
1) in Career Mode will there be unlockable things?  or everything is buyable (New livery, parts, )
2) will we see the difference between surface spec of the same car ( for example Tarmac and Gravel spec Cars have different special wheels) or Hypothetically speaking  If  there would be Saffari (Kenya) Location as dlc would it be possible to have rollbar and air filter on outside of car..
Thank for Your Time
edit: i meant alloy wheels

@KickUp May I ask. 
    1) in Career Mode will there be unlockable things?  or everything is buyable (New livery, parts, )
    2) will we see the difference between surface spec of the same car ( for example Tarmac and Gravel spec Cars have different special wheels) or Hypothetically speaking  If  there would be Saffari (Kenya) Location as dlc would it be possible to have rollbar and air filter on outside of car..
    Thank for Your Time
      I guarantee number 2 is a Yes as it's already featured in DR. Gravel spec wheels on gravel and tarmac spec wheels on tarmac.

bogani said:
      bogani said:
      KickUp said:
      Didzis said:
      KickUp said:

Thanks mate

Still curious about this though as setups/tires are surface specific. Does this mean you can play around on tarmac with a gravel spec car with gravel tires and vice versa? @KickUp
      Sorry to nag @KickUp, but are you able to say anything about this?

Hooning around on tarmac with a gravel spec car in rally school would be awesome :)

bogani said:
      @KickUp May I ask. 
      Thank for Your Time
        I guarantee number 2 is a Yes as it's already featured in DR. Gravel spec wheels on gravel and tarmac spec wheels on tarmac.
        Sorry, Now i saw, I was not to specify. I meant alloy wheels for Gravel spec (smaller holes)

bogani said:
        bogani said:
        bogani said:
        KickUp said:
        Didzis said:
        KickUp said:

Thanks mate

Sorry to nag @KickUp, but are you able to say anything about this?

Hooning around on tarmac with a gravel spec car in rally school would be awesome :)

You'll be able to do that. The areas of tarmac are quite broken up though

@KickUp May I ask. 
        Thank for Your Time
        edit: i meant alloy wheels
          1) yes
          2) yes