DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

BadD0g said:
RookieOne said:
Didzis said: 
KickUp said:
3) we have some of the DirtFish cars. When you attend the school the cars will have their livery. 
Dirtfish has BRZ's, any chance we'll see them in DiRT4? Would love some modern RWD's
Screw the BR-Z, I want the  Toyota 86 instead :lol:
Now that you mention it - how would the licensing work on the Toyobaru Twins? We're not allowed to have Toyotas, but would the BRZ get by because it's *kind of* a Subaru?
That's a good question: both manufacturers seem to treat them as their "own" car, so I think they might get away with that. Would be good if they did...

...because we all know Subaru is better than Toyota anyway.  ;)

tbtstt said:
BadD0g said:
RookieOne said:
Didzis said: 
KickUp said:
3) we have some of the DirtFish cars. When you attend the school the cars will have their livery. 
Dirtfish has BRZ's, any chance we'll see them in DiRT4? Would love some modern RWD's
Screw the BR-Z, I want the  Toyota 86 instead :lol:
Now that you mention it - how would the licensing work on the Toyobaru Twins? We're not allowed to have Toyotas, but would the BRZ get by because it's *kind of* a Subaru?
That's a good question: both manufacturers seem to treat them as their "own" car, so I think they might get away with that. Would be good if they did...

...because we all know Subaru is better than Toyota anyway.  ;)
What throws a wrench in the works is Toyota owns 10% of Subaru, in fact here in the US the Outback and Legacy are built in the same factory as the Toyota Camry!  (not to mention the Impreza is now going to be built here).   So its all mixed up.  

Maybe there is 10% of the Subaru that we are not getting (like the P1)

gfRally said:

What throws a wrench in the works is Toyota owns 10% of Subaru

Incorrect. Subaru allowed Toyota to own 10% of brilliance.  ;)

So I was looking at Petter Solbergs new truck and I noticed that the logo for a certain game is included on it.

It sounds like Subaru isn't difficult to licence in the game which makes it interesting in that case
That's why they should go get the one of the GC8 based WRC's ;)

So I was looking at Petter Solbergs new truck and I noticed that the logo for a certain game is included on it.

Polo RX confirmed 

Didzis said:
human1101 said:
this would be awsome to go agaist the alpine and such but the ae86 has atleast been in a codemasters game before
It wouldn't really suit a rally game since I don't think it was used in rally, at least there are no mentions about it in the wiki page, only that it competed in some GT and endurance races
It was never used in the higher levels or the wrc but I've seen them in amateur rallys.

KevM said:

Polo RX confirmed 
I believe the rallycross cars in game will be 2016 season cars (certainly all the images we have seen thus far are), so I think Petter will be in his DS3 in DiRT 4, not a Polo. 

I want a sticker like that too :(                                     

versedi said:
I want a sticker like that too :(                                     

Lots of places print stickers, you could just make one, or 100 ;)

Speaking of WRX: any chance for the Audi S1 EKS RX to be in the game?

Will we have to earn upgrades like dirt rally? God I hope not. That's beyond idiotic. Rally cars don't enter an event under max specs, not by much anyway. 

Does anyone else see threads get bumped saying "Most Recent by LOSTVENGENCE96," even though Mr. Vengence is nowhere to be found? This has happened multiple times the past few months.

Has anyone heard whether or not the rallycross tracks will now have a practice option? It was annoying in DR that the only way to learn the track was while racing other cars.

Has anyone heard whether or not the rallycross tracks will now have a practice option? It was annoying in DR that the only way to learn the track was while racing other cars.
There was a practice option in DR.

BadD0g said:
Does anyone else see threads get bumped saying "Most Recent by LOSTVENGENCE96," even though Mr. Vengence is nowhere to be found? This has happened multiple times the past few months.

I've noticed that a number of times with various usernames. I don't know what kind of censoring functions this forum offers to moderators, but I'm guessing this oddity might a side effect of some type of "mute user" mod option where perhaps a muted/muzzled user posts something that gets automatically hidden/muted, but the main thread listing page still registers that the thread was posted on. Just a guess. Can't say for certain.

https://youtu.be/f5wA25lNcoo              

Loeb driving the 306 like a baws!                            

Will the cars carried over from DR get any graphical attention? Some cars seems a bit dated. The 2001 Focus's interior looks very low res compared to other cars.

@KickUp

very nice notice them handbrakes and how car responded ? please be like that in dirt 4