DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Dirt4 requirements:
http://www.game-debate.com/news/22580/official-dirt-4-system-requirements-revealed

bogani said:
What about sounds? Any significant improvements you're happy with? @soundfx
I'd also love to hear more about this

cgiugu said:
Dirt4 requirements:
http://www.game-debate.com/news/22580/official-dirt-4-system-requirements-revealed

@KickUp 
The recommended specs are to play at 4k, right?

cgiugu said:
Dirt4 requirements:

Whoah! GTX980 recommend...

Might have to turn a few details down on my RX480 then...

Yeah I hope these are 4K settings as I just need to hit 1080p hopefully with almost-max detail with my GTX970. RIP my gpu if (when :D ) they release a VR update :P

DiRT Rally runs very smooth ( always 60 FPS, with vsync on ), with my GTX 870m, 1080p ( all i need ), at max settings. I really hope those are 4k requirements, if not, R.I.P. my GPU.

What I have always liked with the dirt games is that the minimum specs are usually really low. It really helps to widen the audience of PC players.

That said I may have to look at a new processor in the future

CM games are often very well optimised in my experience, the DiRT Games more often than the F1 games though. Putting the graphics up with the Rift though taxes it as it drops it to 45fps and uses the software to bump it to 90fps

You have a typo in the specs in Steam, it says you'll need 4 or 8 MB of RAM, I presume it should be GB :)

Didzis said:
You have a typo in the specs in Steam, it says you'll need 4 or 8 MB of RAM, I presume it should be GB :)
Yup, good spot. I have emailed the relevant person, and he has already updated them :)

Looks pretty similar to DR's specs, but with the recommended list brought up to date a bit; DR's spec list seems like it was written a few years ago (recommended GPU is a 780!). 

Going to have to give up another 50GB of space though, yikes. I always forget how big games are now. I remember having to buy another hard drive just to play DiRT in 2007, it was a whopping 12.5GB!

Yeah. Doom 2016 and the first season of Hitman 2016 are both around 60GB, I think those are the biggest games I've seen recently, but the average for big games seems to be in the 30-50GB range nowadays.

Isn't 50GB about the same size as GTA5? Atleast it was when I last downloaded it 
Nope, GTA V is almost 70 GB now (well, 68,6 to be exact)

I'll take my copy of DiRT 4 on 3.5 inch floppy disks, please.
That would be 34723 floppy disks (+/- 100)

Alf72 said:
I really hope those are 4k requirements, if not, R.I.P. my GPU.
I can say with 100% certainty those are 1080p 60FPS max settings requirements. DR at 4K requires a 980Ti/1070, so I can't imagine D4 to require a 980... unless they forgot to add the SLI there xD

cgiugu said:
Dirt4 requirements:

lol - sadness. The RX480 is the card I'm considering for a budget upgrade from my HD7950 :(

Didzis said:
I'll take my copy of DiRT 4 on 3.5 inch floppy disks, please.
That would be 34723 floppy disks (+/- 100)
Still less discs than X-Wing: swear I spent more time changing discs than I did playing that game. 

edgenz said:
cgiugu said:
Dirt4 requirements:

lol - sadness. The RX480 is the card I'm considering for a budget upgrade from my HD7950 :(

It's still great value; runs DR on max settings at 1080p. If D4 looks just as good, without the top end improvements, I'll be perfectly happy.

people are dreaming if they think they are 4k for a 980.dirt rally cant do that comfortably.nevermind Dirt 4.thats for 60fps 1080 ultra no doubt.it is a 2017 game .so i cant see whats to be expected.

a 980 gtx equiv gpu is £150 new now.so its hardly highend.rest of spec is even for recommded pretty low.

I have no problems running over 100 fps in 2k with my RX480, to the point of "needing" an in game frame limiter as in Greece I get over 144 fps in places.

*Edit - should add that's max gfx except shaders (motion blur) and that horrible one no one uses.

50Gb is roughly what you can fit on bluRay so it makes sense that most games are around that size these days. Painful when you buy things digitally though... :(