DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Although having already been lucky enough to play 2 of the games in my list, I have an idea on my favourite ;)  

Evilsmurf said:

Accetto Corsa (already own)

Pcars (pre ordered today)

Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo

New WRC game?

New Dirt game?

Wife's going to kill me the amount of games I'll be buying, But fun times for the driving nut!!

@Evilsmurf  Glad my wife doesn't read the forums, I'd have been dead long ago!  

Hmmm,... I found some gossip material,...

Lately the DiRT twitter page has been flirting with the Red Bull GRC Rallycross twitter.... around rallycross..

Thats suspicious ,... but what even more James May in a Rallycross car,...

Should this be a hint that we can expect something in May?

Lately someone wished to have a new rally game in Q3 the DiRT page said that Q3 is way to far away, some how ironic,,,, so should we get it in Q2? Beside that D3 got released at 24 of May,... so this could make it a little bit more solid.

What do you thing guys?

Apparently Top Gear will show RX this sunday (the 8th). More pics: http://www.bbcamerica.com/top-gear/photos/season-22-episode-7-photo-gallery/#10238

Ooh and Apparently the bit was shot late last year.

Hmmm,... I found some gossip material,...

Lately the DiRT twitter page has been flirting with the Red Bull GRC Rallycross twitter.... around rallycross..

Thats suspicious ,... but what even more James May in a Rallycross car,...

Should this be a hint that we can expect something in May?

Lately someone wished to have a new rally game in Q3 the DiRT page said that Q3 is way to far away, some how ironic,,,, so should we get it in Q2? Beside that D3 got released at 24 of May,... so this could make it a little bit more solid.

What do you thing guys?

The above photo is related to a feature Top Gear filmed at Lydden Hill race circuit in December last year. @ThierryNeuville.

There was an "Evening with Top Gear" livestream broadcast before the current season of Top Gear started last year which showed a little bit of the World Rallycross feature:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8T1rMsJtQU&feature=youtu.be&t=45m40s
(The video should start at 45:40, skip to that point if it doesn't)

Because I was bored at work one day, I took a few screen grabs. From those you can identify most of the cars in the trailer...

#1 - Hansen 208, Kevin Procter's Fiesta & Ollie ODonovan Focus.
#2 - Hansen 208.
#3 - OOD Focus (foreground), Hansen 208, MINI Countryman & Procter's Fiesta.
#4 - Koen Pauwels Focus, Hansen 208, MINI Countryman & Procter's Fiesta.
#5 - Hansen's 208, Marklund Polo & Foust's Polo.
#6 - Onboard, looks like a Polo.
#7 - Pauwels Focus.
#8 - Looks like a Mk.6 Fiesta, Tommy Graham's old car?
#9 - Steve Hill's Evo X (on the left)

The latest gallery on BBC America...

http://www.bbcamerica.com/top-gear/photos/season-22-episode-7-photo-gallery/#10238

...includes shots of Petter Solberg's car (and Solberg put a picture online from Lydden the week they were filming, so it looks like he is driving), plus Andreas Bakkerud has indicated he was there, so it looks like OMSE were involved as well.

I can't wait for the episode to air (on Sunday). The clubman rallycross feature Top Gear did a couple of years ago was one of the best things Top Gear have done in my opinion, I hoep this one is as good.

Oh, and all the Twitter conversations I have seen have been between the DiRT account and RallycrossRX (i.e. the World Rallycross Championship). Have DiRT been tweeting the GRC as well?

I personally would love to see a proper connection established between the World Championship and DiRT. The World Championship has far better circuits and, with the exception of one marque (Chevrolet), all the same manufacturers and models involved in some capacity.

EDIT: Just saw the Twitter conversation between the GRC and DiRT!

Areyouben said:
Apparently Top Gear will show RX this sunday (the 8th). More pics: http://www.bbcamerica.com/top-gear/photos/season-22-episode-7-photo-gallery/#10238

Continuing onto my always evolving conspiracy theory:  128  James MAY rallycross episode airing on '8th' day hmm.. But what about the 1???  

gfRally said:
Areyouben said:

Continuing onto my always evolving conspiracy theory:  128  James MAY rallycross episode airing on '8th' day hmm.. But what about the 1???  

The 1 to make 28 , 29 (28+1) so that will make it 29 of May :O =  the last friday in May
Although 24 of may in 2011 was a tuesday,...  hmm... doesnt make sense....

When it comes to flirting with Rallycross series the @dirtgame is much more friendly with WorldRX :)

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/567738445721006080

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/568525140511879168

I do like the recent Gossip! :D 

Hmmm guys,....

I noticed this from the rival....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5r9Hk96oBcA

Just information....
I will genuinely be astounded If it's even half as good as what I played at Codies 2 weeks a go. I can't see it though consider milestones previous efforts. 

Interesting; Seb Loeb Rally Evo will have:
– Around 300 Kilometres of tracks
– 8 different rallies, 5 rallycross tracks and the Pikes Peak track
– Over 50 car models
– Over 20 car manufacturers
– 15 game modes 

I think with this and WRC5 gradually revealing more, I think DiRT4 might get a bit left behind, if there's not even a teaser soon!

Areyouben said:
Captain Slow Rally
After 10 years, Captain Slow Remastered edition to be fast released on iOS then to be released on PC after a few months later. :)

By the way, the stages would presumably be done in slow-motion! :)

Interesting; Seb Loeb Rally Evo will have:
– Around 300 Kilometres of tracks
– 8 different rallies, 5 rallycross tracks and the Pikes Peak track
– Over 50 car models
– Over 20 car manufacturers
– 15 game modes 

I think with this and WRC5 gradually revealing more, I think DiRT4 might get a bit left behind, if there's not even a teaser soon!
Yes, but still the genuine feeling of  Codemasters' games that nobody would ever dare to take it out of me. If CM didn't release DiRT, it would seem to be something is deeply missing in gaming industry. 

I did come on to give you guys an update of my week but I can do that later rather than changing the topic of conversation.

Out of interest what did you guys think of the info the Milestone dudes dropped today? You excited for it? Was there stuff you'd like to know more about their game, anything else you'd like to have seen from them?

@justbiglee    - I'm excited about one more racing game appearing, but I've been less than impressed with Milestone's efforts over the past couple of years. They would have to take a masssssive step forward in their physics and handling design, and hopefully I can say this, to get anywhere near what I've played not so long ago...

If the 300 km of stages is not a cheat where they multiplied what they had by 2, because they reverse them or link them then it would be a decent distance to drive!

I'm also curious how the hell can you get 15 game modes? :O There's single player career, time trial, multiplayer and split screen... What else can there be? 

Perhaps the worst thing about is that it's not coming out on PC? I don't think it's a good idea to release a racing game on platforms,which have very few steering wheels working...

It does look interesting, but I'm struggling to trust them with it after their previous efforts. Plus I've seen the competition ;)

P.S Can the game involve realistic swimming mechanics after this mornings rally mexico?

@justbiglee Well, I guess i'll pitch in here.  I say they are doing the marketing aspect just right.  Showing just enough to keep anticipation, but enough to be informative.  

I don't like to see snow, give me desert or forest.  Had enough snow here in Pennsylvania, but that is just me right now.  

One other thing that bugged me, is the video is off, there voices don't match ( :wink: had to say it) 

None the less, I think they are doing it right presentation wise, no comment on the game itself.

anything else you'd like to have seen from them?
I'd like to see the force feedback work properly this time.
They've lost me, with no PC version though.

@justbiglee my main concern about the Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo is if their deal with the frenchman and Citroen cuts Codemasters off from who i feel should be  your flag bearer, non other than Colin Mcrae's spiritual successor Kris Meeke.Gameplay wise their game probably will be on a lower level than yours because Milestone is notoriously famous for poor environments and that doesnt look like it will be fixed.Adding to that the off car design for my personal taste(their fiesta doesnt look right and it took them 3 years to create  a realistic mini).On top of that no pc was mentioned.But lets see.Competition is for better.

@justbiglee

Things I liked about Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo announcement were...

1.) That they actually made some kind of announcement at all (wink wink, nudge nudge).

2.) Love the idea of GPS data for rally tracks and using video footage to fill in the surrounds. That's a suggestion of mine I've made in several forums and it felt like they were talking to me.

3.) Graphics look great

4.) Love the emphasis on rally stages.

Things I don't like about the Sebastian Loeb Rally Evo announcement...

1.) No PC...deal killer for me, won't be getting it, hope they change that.

2.) Having driven previous Milestone titles...the physics are most likely going to *be less than perfect*.

Please release some real Dirt 4 info...please?

Thanks guys, was just curious as to what you thought. Few of you mentioned what you thought of their older titles, just rememeber those guys probably love rally just as much as we do and trying to get a licenced game out every year is no easy task.

They'll have the same kind of problems all game devs do (time/money/resource etc) so dont give them too much of a hard time, we all get up in the morning wanting to make the best game we can. :)

...They'll have the same kind of problems all game devs do (time/money/resource etc) so dont give them too much of a hard time, we all get up in the morning wanting to make the best game we can. :)
...And we all get up in the morning wanting to buy & play the best games we can.

Thanks guys, was just curious as to what you thought. Few of you mentioned what you thought of their older titles, just rememeber those guys probably love rally just as much as we do and trying to get a licenced game out every year is no easy task.

They'll have the same kind of problems all game devs do (time/money/resource etc) so dont give them too much of a hard time, we all get up in the morning wanting to make the best game we can. :)

Re the presentation, it came across as quite cheesy. maybe that's because it was done with voice overs, but it was not very professionally produced. The bit where the dev looks straight ahead and then to the camera is a classic ! Standard case of the dev trying to hard to be a proffessional actor, when he needs to come across more as a dev, relaxed, yeah making the odd mistake now and then, but he's a dev, not a dev trying to be an actor. I think not having it in english is a shame, that's where your market is the biggest and a lot of  people speak it as a second language. I think overall they try too hard to make it look proffessional when if they had been more relaxed it would have come across better.

Onto the content, the detail was good and interesting. They said some interesting things. I think the lack of actual gameplay graphics was a shame. If they have 300km (or is it 250km) of courses then it wouldn't hurt to show off a bit of it. People want the real game shots as well as the detail. I notice on these forums at least it is all about the detail, so the more detail you provide on the car modelling, handling the better, but for the majority of users it is more about the gameplay and whether the game looks good, like for example the graphics show off in the GA trailer. I think you need both, trailers/dev vids that show the detail and the kind of modelling you do and also gamplay trailers to showcase the graphics.

Re the game itself, still no mention of weather, which was a big plus in Dirt3. I would like to see rain, flying mud, real snow accumulations (I don't think driveclub has this). 

Career as a movie critic over I think.