DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

In that video @ 12:40 I would dare to say that's a Lancia 037 with Würth livery

Spain looks awesome! I can't wait for it! I played it a little last time, but I don't think I finished a stage as it really wasn't ready yet.

I must say that Dirtfish area looks really interesting. Probably will spend time there also, it's big area and it seems to be about pure training.
For freeplay there seems to be enough different sections there in Dirtfish rallyschool area to probably invent your own little sprint rally stages and time them using something like stopwatch while comparing different cars.
Spain looked cool also and something mentioned before about stages running through villages and such.. man, i can't wait!
Hmm.. wondering about france... maybe he just got it mixed with spain. One can always dream though :smile:

He either got confused with loheac rally cross or Spain rally, France isn't in the main game as a rally location 

In DR at the setup I got completely other values with standardsetup compared to what the stage was loaded.
What is now the real setup which was suggested to use for this stage??

And what about my other question @KickUp Did you get an answer? It was my question about loading an advanced setup on a car with normal setup unlocked only.

TuliRally said:
I must say that Dirtfish area looks really interesting. Probably will spend time there also, it's big area and it seems to be about pure training.
For freeplay there seems to be enough different sections there in Dirtfish rallyschool area to probably invent your own little sprint rally stages and time them using something like stopwatch while comparing different cars.
Spain looked cool also and something mentioned before about stages running through villages and such.. man, i can't wait!
Hmm.. wondering about france... maybe he just got it mixed with spain. One can always dream though :smile:
There's also a watersplash thing in Dirtfish :D

And I think he got a bit confused regarding France, the only French stage is Loehac for RX...

This image was posted on the dirtgame twitter account today. Is that a female driver model I see?

Yeah, that does look like a Female driver and Male co-driver.

I'm guessing based on Grid games and the increased amount of personal customisation of *you* taking part in a career, that your sex is going to be a choice too.

BadD0g said:
This image was posted on the dirtgame twitter account today. Is that a female driver model I see?

SKiRT 4!  :)

It'd be cool to have that kind of diversity in the game. Might help attract more female players to the genre/sport.

At what moment did you all see Spain?     
Right at the end.
Right at the start too - in menu.

Operator1 said:

BadD0g said:

It'd be cool to have that kind of diversity in the game. Might help attract more female players to the genre/sport.

It was already confirmed a lot pages ago that there will be female driver option ;) dig and you will find it

versedi said:
It was already confirmed a lot pages ago that there will be female driver option ;) dig and you will find it
I'm aware; I think this is the first time we've seen it though.

urgaffel said:
TuliRally said:

And I think he got a bit confused regarding France, the only French stage is Loehac for RX...
Well then... I think for me it will be a sweet lamb all over again, with me trying to put on wipers after a watersplash just to find myself crashing every where. At least now i can do it "safely", so thanks for that!!

France, france, france.. people talk about it, people hoping for it, maybe you just should make DLC with it already.
This is dirty gossip thread after all and after recently founding out we had missed so many clues about D4, maybe he said it accidentally, or maybe he didn't!

One place that would bring another tarmac rally besides france is.. Czech!! Tarmac-dirty/broken tarmac-gravel. Proper mixed stuff. Really narrow sections in the woods & villages. Ireland same thing though..*Edit atleast with narrow sections in villages

I generally think we would need two tarmac locations, but it really depends on variety in Spain

versedi said:
At what moment did you all see Spain?     
Right at the end.
Right at the start too - in menu.

Operator1 said:

BadD0g said:

There apparently is going to be a female co-driver option too, but she's American so I'm hoping the accent doesnt get on my nerves. :#

I'm guessing based on Grid games and the increased amount of personal customisation of *you* taking part in a career, that your sex is going to be a choice too.
Hope they include a character mod tool like the one in Skyrim, I really want my driver to be an Elf Warrior Princess and an Orc co-driver FTW! :D

TuliRally said:
urgaffel said:
TuliRally said:

Well then... I think for me it will be a sweet lamb all over again, with me trying to put on wipers after a watersplash just to find myself crashing every where. At least now i can do it "safely", so thanks for that!!
Hit the wipers just before the watersplash.

Rygar86 said:

Hope they include a character mod tool like the one in Skyrim, I really want my driver to be an Elf Warrior Princess and an Orc co-driver FTW! :D
You know you're just gonna end up with two dark elf stealth archers, right?

Rygar86 said:
There apparently is going to be a female co-driver option too, but she's American so I'm hoping the accent doesnt get on my nerves. :#
You can hear how she sounds in DiRT3

TuliRally said:
One place that would bring another tarmac rally besides france is.. Czech!! Tarmac-dirty/broken tarmac-gravel. Proper mixed stuff. Really narrow sections in the woods & villages. Ireland same thing though..*Edit atleast with narrow sections in villages

I generally think we would need two tarmac locations, but it really depends on variety in Spain
 Czech tarmac rally is one of kind for sure, it seems kind of mix from Germany, where the road surface and grip changes a lot and narrow road like in Ireland. I've heard that for some reason everybody want's to start later in the line, 10th or so, not first like it's normal for tarmac events. Is it true and if so, why ?

What about throwing the Isle of Mull rally into the mix? 

https://youtu.be/aibcWP-hatw[/youtube]

Also of note at 6:28 possibly the greatest ever pacenote was called in the history of pacenotes :D 

Whilst we're wishlisting, add me as a +1 for a Czech environment. I'm going to Zlin for the first time this year, can't wait.

Also, Ypres/Belgium. This would be my first choice for tarmac rallying.

Teuchter said:

What about throwing the Isle of Mull rally into the mix? 

https://youtu.be/aibcWP-hatw[/youtube]

Also of note at 6:28 possibly the greatest the pacenote was called  :D

"Now Don't Be A Hero!" Love the pointed finger as he says it. Thats clearly not the first time they've talked about this!  :D