DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

i dream of the tight roads like that. B)                                                                     

Talking about funny pacenotes, Marcus Grönholm had some great ones too like here at 0:22 

https://youtu.be/t-meibNQEBU

"...jatkuu vasen perkeleen pitkä..." which translates to something like "...into a damn long left..." :joy:

Looks like the team austria cars are still reskins of the olsbergs fiesta. Which is dissapointing. Though the 208 looks like the 2016 version. So that one is updated at least.

The way you can slide the rallycross cars on tarmac in dirt 4 is so satisfying, much much better than dirt rally's physics

Timur truly seemed to enjoy it. He looked fast too! From what I could hear he said that the car behaved like the real thing, especially out of corners. Even the shifting points were at the same places. Did say that the braking points seemed to be a bit off though.

Oliver praised the RX but wasn't completely happy with rally :open_mouth:

The way you can slide the rallycross cars on tarmac in dirt 4 is so satisfying, much much better than dirt rally's physics
The transition from dirt to tarmac as well is so good. The handling couldn't be more right from when I tried it

zissakos1 said:
urgaffel said:

https://youtu.be/8zv6pjqZ39c

So obviously Spain has a state where it can be shown to the public. Maybe other locations, too.
Can we get a gameplay video from Codemasters e.g. in youtube? @KickUp @ChristinaMc
(there is surprisingly little gameplay footage in the official DiRT youtube channel)

Pretty sure there's a clip from Michigan in there too.

bogani said:
Did say that the braking points seemed to be a bit off though.
Sounds like brakes in DiRT 4 are overpowered. Codies nerf plz xD

bogani said:
Did say that the braking points seemed to be a bit off though.
Sounds like brakes in DiRT 4 are overpowered. Codies nerf plz xD
At the same time Janis Baumanis seem to have said that braking was the biggest difference from Dirt Rally to Dirt 4. In a positive way. So Timur maybe just was nitpicking that the braking points wasn't exactly at the same places as IRL while shifting points were.

bogani said:
Timur truly seemed to enjoy it. He looked fast too! From what I could hear he said that the car behaved like the real thing, especially out of corners. Even the shifting points were at the same places. Did say that the braking points seemed to be a bit off though.

Do any playtesters echo Oliver's concerns? How different is RX handling to rally handling, and if it is better in which ways?

bogani said:

Do any playtesters echo Oliver's concerns? How different is RX handling to rally handling, and if it is better in which ways?
Rally felt good when I last tried it in January, definitely better than DR. The RX felt almost perfect when I tried it back last November though so not sure how its changed since then.

It could be as simple as the Rally portion just  needs more more refinement. And that RX is already done 

The guy from the video claims that VR support will be added post launch in the comments section.
@KickUp can you confirm that, or has he misheard this/is he just speculating.

I don't think I've seen it actually confirmed anywhere yet, while it does seem only logical to add it ;)

The guy from the video claims that VR support will be added post launch in the comments section.
@KickUp can you confirm that, or has he misheard this/is he just speculating.

He's said so far that it might be added post-launch depending on the success of PSVR for DR, personally I would say its a very high possibility (wishful thinking though) :)

Operator1 said:

BadD0g said:
This image was posted on the dirtgame twitter account today. Is that a female driver model I see?

SKiRT 4!  :)

It'd be cool to have that kind of diversity in the game. Might help attract more female players to the genre/sport.
I see a black co-driver as well. Is the combination of  driver and co-driver randomized? @KickUp

:)

zoliRX said:
Operator1 said:

BadD0g said:
This image was posted on the dirtgame twitter account today. Is that a female driver model I see?

It'd be cool to have that kind of diversity in the game. Might help attract more female players to the genre/sport.
I see a black co-driver as well. Is the combination of  driver and co-driver randomized? @KickUp

Its probably part of choosing your team (see last roadbook).  I hope its not randomized, i would rather choose who I would like.

zoliRX said:
Operator1 said:

BadD0g said:

Your co driver's appearance will depend on who you choose as a staff member. 

KickUp said:
zoliRX said:
Operator1 said:

BadD0g said:

Do different co drivers have different accuracy or speed attributes?

KickUp said:
zoliRX said:
Operator1 said:

BadD0g said:

Wait, so there's different models but they all use Nicky Grist/Jen Horsey voices (at least for the English language)?

KickUp said:
ipascal said:

Message that I had put ,
A need that will become reality? :)

If yes, I buy directly the games !!!

The developers can answer me, please??  to reassure me ;-)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I hope that in dirt 4 we will be able to maintain the seen tv especially that helicopter please!
To see not only the beautiful graphics that the develloper do but also our race seen from above.
Thank you for not forgetting that. This is important please!

Maintain the TV view of each of the viewing angles as in the WRC2001 game on PS2.In the WRC2001 game there is the button holding the view.

see game link

http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/WRC-World_Rally_Championship.jpg&imgrefurl=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Rally_Championship_(2001_video_game)&h=362&w=256&tbnid=h-u1EwMgoaSRfM:&vet=1&docid=B7FPFUm8hd-FxM&ei=K2dXWNi5EcqtaZGZp-AN&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=552&page=1&start=18&ndsp=18&ved=0ahUKEwiY-_DPuv_QAhXKVhoKHZHMCdwQMwg9KBkwGQ&bih=608&biw=1366

I play Rally games for years and when I see the rally with the choice to maintain the views, it is very apreciable.

The XBOX is a super powerful machine with beautiful graphics compared to the PS2 console and I would not understand why one can not make the choice to maintain the TV view as on the PS2 console as on the game WRC2001
I speak of game WRC2001 because it is only in this one that we can maintain the TV view and change the other views, my favorite being the helicopter view with zoom or not (beautifull)

see video to the minute 2:20 clic image

So when I try rally games and there is no helicopter view and besides that we can not maintain the view of the camera on all the angles of view then I am disappointed.

There is another seen missing also in dirt rally, the sight of pursuit.
Not the one that sticks the car but the one that follows the road while following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car.

see video to the minute 3:51 (poursuit)

In the game Dirt Rally on XBOX, the slowdowns of the camera TV are predefined, one is obliged to follow the change of camera corresponding to each parcel of the course. One can not choose on this part of the course the TV view that one wants.

Can you add this improvement which is for me and for others very important to maintain the view of the TV camera and to take example on WRC2001 of the PS2 or one can maintain with the button the TV view ?

The most important sight for me is the sight helicopter. The landscapes of the Dirt Rally games are beautiful, it would be a shame not to enjoy more 

Having the choice to keep the TV view must be in all rally games.

You can watch a whole Stage from helicopter if you want. You can also watch it from TV style or onboards too.  
Hello ,
Will we see the helicopters when we play?
It would be really good also because we would really feel immersion and not alone in the game. In the idle also it would be really nice that the helicopters are there.

It would be really good also because we would really feel immersion and not alone in the game. In slow motion also it would be really nice that the helicopters are there.
Indeed it would be nice to have at least two helicopters to have different views of helicopters.
And we can hear the helicopter pals with vibrations as in WRC2001 on PS2
Let's be in a helicopeter :-)
Please..

"Let's be in a helicopter" sounds like it could have been the name of some popular 90's dance song lol

ipascal said:
It would be really good also because we would really feel immersion and not alone in the game. In slow motion also it would be really nice that the helicopters are there.
Indeed it would be nice to have at least two helicopters to have different views of helicopters.
And we can hear the helicopter pals with vibrations as in WRC2001 on PS2
Let's be in a helicopeter :-)
Please..
Well, there already are helicopters and drones in DiRT Rally (I've seen them in Germany and Pikes Peak, and drones in Greece), so there's a chanse they could be in DiRT4 as well

Jepsertti said:
"Let's be in a helicopter" sounds like it could have been the name of some popular 90's dance song lol
Uhem 

https://youtu.be/oSDzFiOjhjs