DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

gfRally said:
Jepsertti said:
"Let's be in a helicopter" sounds like it could have been the name of some popular 90's dance song lol
Uhem 

https://youtu.be/oSDzFiOjhjs
Tune. Dirt 2 soundtrack was incredible

KickUp said:
zoliRX said:
Operator1 said:

BadD0g said:
This image was posted on the dirtgame twitter account today. Is that a female driver model I see?

SKiRT 4!  :)

It'd be cool to have that kind of diversity in the game. Might help attract more female players to the genre/sport.
I see a black co-driver as well. Is the combination of  driver and co-driver randomized? @KickUp

:)

Your co driver's appearance will depend on who you choose as a staff member. 
Do different co drivers have different accuracy or speed attributes?
No

BadD0g said:
KickUp said:
zoliRX said:
Operator1 said:

BadD0g said:
This image was posted on the dirtgame twitter account today. Is that a female driver model I see?

SKiRT 4!  :)

It'd be cool to have that kind of diversity in the game. Might help attract more female players to the genre/sport.
I see a black co-driver as well. Is the combination of  driver and co-driver randomized? @KickUp

:)

Your co driver's appearance will depend on who you choose as a staff member. 
Wait, so there's different models but they all use Nicky Grist/Jen Horsey voices (at least for the English language)?
No, the voice is linked to the model

Areyouben said:
Which means there are more codrivers besides Nicky & Jen then. :o
Yes because we support many languages. 

Will we have a ghost car option in D4 @KickUp ? This one would mean a lot for me (and I think others too) as I have missed this option since the early days of Colin McRae Rally 2, when I could race against my best times visually and also the times of others if they had set the fastest time. It was brilliant and it made it more fun, will we see this again please?

Rygar86 said:
Will we have a ghost car option in D4 @KickUp ? This one would mean a lot for me (and I think others too) as I have missed this option since the early days of Colin McRae Rally 2, when I could race against my best times visually and also the times of others if they had set the fastest time. It was brilliant and it made it more fun, will we see this again? Please say yes! 8D
We are aiming to have Ghost cars available but it will be for racing other people's times. 

KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
Will we have a ghost car option in D4 @KickUp ? This one would mean a lot for me (and I think others too) as I have missed this option since the early days of Colin McRae Rally 2, when I could race against my best times visually and also the times of others if they had set the fastest time. It was brilliant and it made it more fun, will we see this again? Please say yes! 8D
We are aiming to have Ghost cars available but it will be for racing other people's times. 
Will there be PVP rally with ghost cars?

KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
That's fantastic news! How will it work, will you be able to select a target time from an online leader board and try to beat their ghost? Also, if we have ghost cars wouldn't having a local ghost of your own time be possible, like CMR 2.0?

Btw, Thanks for the super quick reply :)

Didzis said:
KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
There will be PvP Rally but we aren't showing ghost cars. 

Rygar86 said:
KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
That's fantastic news! How will it work, will you be able to select a target time from an online leader board and try to beat their ghost? Also, if we have ghost cars wouldn't having a local ghost of your own time be possible, like CMR 2.0?

Pick from leaderboard and try and beat their ghost. 

KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:

Pick from leaderboard and try and beat their ghost. 
Thanks, that is gonna be so cool :smile:

KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
This is very interesting, how does this work ? Do you play head to head against another player (players?) online in a live contest? If so,  guess that means you just see an update of thier time after the finish of the stage. Would'nt it be better if you could race their ghost live! Or is this not possible for some reason?

Rygar86 said:
KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
This is very interesting, how does this work ? Do you play head to head against another player (players?) online in a live contest? If so,  guess that means you just see an update of thier time after the finish of the stage. Would'nt it be better if you could race their ghost live! Or is this not possible for some reason?
Imagine its like it was in Dirt 3 when staggered starts are disabled. Everyone starts at the same time and you have the stage progression with arrows for players on the side of the screen. At least thats how it was when I tried it

Rygar86 said:
KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
I would rather focus on my co-driver and the track then being distracted by some ghost in front or behind me.

Rygar86 said:
KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
Imagine its like it was in Dirt 3 when staggered starts are disabled. Everyone starts at the same time and you have the stage progression with arrows for players on the side of the screen. At least thats how it was when I tried it
Thanks @SirPhilMcKraken I think get you, although I never really played Dirt 3 much. So you played this feature in D4 in testing or demo recently?

Rygar86 said:
KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
I would rather focus on my co-driver and the track then being distracted by some ghost in front or behind me.
I can understand, but like many other things, like in Dirt Rally for instance, if it is a switchable option than you can have your preference and everbody wins! :)

Rygar86 said:
Rygar86 said:
KickUp said:
Didzis said:
KickUp said:
Rygar86 said:
Thanks @SirPhilMcKraken I think get you, although I never really played Dirt 3 much. So you played this feature in D4 in testing or demo recently?
It was the testing back in November, I haven't played or seen it since then so I don't know if its been changed but it was good the way it was imo

KickUp said:
Bluestig said:
Are there gonna be improvements in terms of visual damage? Not the mechanical stuff, but the visual damage like parts falling off, cracks and dents. 
Yes. We've tried to improve this area but it's not new tech, just refinements in how we use it. 
The physical damage of the cars is really not that great in DiRT Rally. How much of an improvement will there be in DiRT 4? Also will there be more cars on the same special stage at once? 

Synck said:
KickUp said:
Bluestig said:
Are there gonna be improvements in terms of visual damage? Not the mechanical stuff, but the visual damage like parts falling off, cracks and dents. 
Yes. We've tried to improve this area but it's not new tech, just refinements in how we use it. 
The physical damage of the cars is really not that great in DiRT Rally. How much of an improvement will there be in DiRT 4? Also will there be more cars on the same special stage at once? 
I did see footage of a crashed car on one of the rally stages, is that what you mean? I don't think you will be able to catch up to and over take other competitors on a rally stage like in real life because I think I heard @KickUp say this in an interview.

In regards to the other thing about damage, I think by refinements it might mean that they simply have made the cars more vulnerable, because @KickUp has definitely said you can kill your car quicker in D4, with crashes more likely to end in terminal damage compared to Dirt Rally.

Synck said:
KickUp said:
Bluestig said:

These have been answered before (not having a go, I don't expect you to read every page! just letting you know), so in summary:

Damage has improved a bit, but especially the way in which it is dealt with. I think visual damage was mentioned too, but it doesn't bother me much so I can't remember.

Definitely only one car on stage at once, although the event will feel more alive due to broken down cars being visible and a road order. 

ipascal said:
Do we see the helicopters when we play?
It would be really nice too because we would really feel immersed and not alone in the game.

If there are helicopters when we play, will we see them in slow motion?
It would be really nice for the helicopters to be there.

If there are helicopters when we play, will we see at least two helicopters?
Indeed, it would be good to have at least two helicopters to have different views from the helicopters.

If there are helicopters when we play, will we hear the pals and the vibrations when the cameraman fixes the car from above?
In WRC2001 on PS2 we hear all that, so why not on a console next geneartion.

Please Mr Chief Game Designer & Co Driver, can you answer?
Can you please stop asking the same question every hour? 

It's probably more likely we'll see drones instead of helicopters
There are still helicopters in 2017.
Watch this video at 1:30 and watch the shadow.
WRC - Monte-Carlo Rally 2017: AERIAL Special
Https://youtu.be/2xNeJncN1KA?t=87

Helicopter and drone, the two otherwise.

We will have the impression with a helicopter that there is someone watching our race from above. :)