F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

gfRally said:

2x plus pages about Helicopters???    Wow, I hope this isn't how I've sounded, asking about American rally all of these years :open_mouth: my apologies if it has.  

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, till you dump gas on it"

So I guess you are happy with Michigan being in D4? If so, being that you are the expert, please tell me why I should be exited as I know nothing about this location. Is it gonna be good?

Benniz said:

This has probably been asked before, but can we save the stages generated in "Your Stage" and have our own library of stages?

I heard in an interview that @KickUp said you will be able to save them. One thing that has me concerned though, is that he indicated this amount would be limited. But I dont understand why it needs to be limited at all, at least not as far as the ability to save them locally on your hard drive.
But maybe because he said that they are planning to upload the stages for others to use and rate, maybe then this is why it will be limited and they perhaps dont give an option to only save locally?

He said that they have not decided the number yet, so Im hoping that they dont make the number somthing really low necause that would be annoying and really tedious!

lx4444 said:

Can you add more car/more track as DLC?Five track is too little

You don't even know which cars will be in the game and you're already complaining.
Also there are 5 location with with a massive amount of tracks thanks to the 'YourStage' feature.

You won't get bored playing D4 that easily.

gfRally said:

2x plus pages about Helicopters???    Wow, I hope this isn't how I've sounded, asking about American rally all of these years :open_mouth: my apologies if it has.  

"The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, till you dump gas on it"
I'm with you man - but I'm always on about Rally New Zealand. Sorry guys....

But not thaaat sorry... ;)

gfRally said:

Yes, but ones a playable location, ones a trackside object.

Another story from my brother, apparently many moons ago some woman managed to anger my brother and his friend. It's not hard to anger them.
The rebutted with dumping roundup weed killer (not sure if that's a thing in the U.K./Europe) all over her lawn. Nothing grows there to this day. That was like 15 years ago.
That's not even close to the worst thing they've done. The worst thing they've done is just too disgusting for public consumption.

Just so you know. There will be helicopters in the sky but they won't be doing any crazy flight paths or low flying. They will sometimes appear in unexpected locations so you'll need to keep your concentration on the road. 

I heard that UFOs may appear in the forests of Wales but only during the night. You must have a keen eye to spot them, they come in form of strange moving lights in the sky or misterious beams of light emerging from the forest.

lx4444 said:

Can you add more car/more track as DLC?Five track is too little

If you use yourstage, the weather settings and some good old imagination you can actually end up with 10 locations.

cgiugu said:

I heard that UFOs may appear in the forests of Wales but only during the night. You must have a keen eye to spot them, they come in form of strange moving lights in the sky or misterious beams of light emerging from the forest.

I heard that you could only see them when driving without headlights on

KickUp said:

Just so you know. There will be helicopters in the sky 

Woohoo, pre-ordered!!!

Now I just have to wait for 'Suicidal Pilot DLC'

When will the special editions be available for preorder? I can only find day one edition

KickUp said:

Just so you know. There will be helicopters in the sky but they won't be doing any crazy flight paths or low flying. They will sometimes appear in unexpected locations so you'll need to keep your concentration on the road. 

Oh yeah, just remembered what you mean and how bloody awesome it was! And no, I didn't concentrate on the road, I crashed looking at the shiny helicopter!

Rygar86 said:

gfRally said:

So I guess you are happy with Michigan being in D4? If so, being that you are the expert, please tell me why I should be exited as I know nothing about this location. Is it gonna be good?

Michigan was incredibly fast, maybe similar to something g like rally Poland, with really fast flowing sections and not as many jumps as Finland 

KickUp said:

Talking about crazy and low flight paths, I remember seeing a footage on Twitter of a helicopter literally chasing a car, just a couple metres right behind it.  I can no longer find it though. It looked absolutely insane. 

Rygar86 said:

gfRally said:

Yes, I am looking forward to it.  However its only Michigan by name mostly.   Like with all the locations now they have the flavor of the area they represent, I'm fine with that, it will be great playing.  

Here in the US its one of the oldest running rally events, it also takes place in the fall (autumn) of the year.  Other than that, its not a particularly unique rally.  Because of the landscape here in the US, stages are not as technical as they can be in WRC and elsewhere.  Most are held on logging trails and its hard for a huge truck to make tight turns.  None of this makes the stages boring though, there are a lot of stages a that are very fast but only about 10ft wide even at L/R3 turns.  

zoliRX said:

KickUp said:

Talking about crazy and low flight paths, I remember seeing a footage on Twitter of a helicopter literally chasing a car, just a couple metres right behind it.  I can no longer find it though. It looked absolutely insane. 

Yeah, I've seen some of them doing that in real life and they're arguably more fascinating than the cars sometimes.

cgiugu said:

Is there any easter eggs in D:R? Will there be any for D4? @KickUp

TuliRally said:

cgiugu said:

Yes

zoliRX said:

KickUp said:

Was it this video you saw?  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cighZsv-N2E

No shortage of incredible helicopter piloting in Australia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50MbPACZF-4

KickUp said:

TuliRally said:

cgiugu said:

Yes

Good to know! Have anybody found any of these, would love to know what they are!

Could you tell the truth @KickUp, are they out there. Are these stories about UFOs real in D:R. You must be hiding something...
I think we will have to start looking for these as a community. I have an great idea how to start. If we... *edit: Heh, weird but couple well dressed gentleman just showed up to my door, said that there something wrong with internet connections in this area but they will fix it soon

What sort of world are we living in, where Paul posts this on Twitter and it doesn't make it to the Gossip thread?

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/848084495622447104

Shame.

What sort of world are we living in, where Paul posts this on Twitter and it doesn't make it to the Gossip thread?

https://twitter.com/Kick_Up/status/848084495622447104

Shame.

Or This https://www.instagram.com/p/BSV_u74DTQj/?taken-by=cole_trickle