DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I guess this is turning to a line of questions but here is another to @KickUp Is the branding suite restricted to career only or is it possible to make  one for quick-play/League racing with full access to all the designs and sponsors?

Your team is not restricted to career but the choices you make in the branding suite are reflected in all areas where you use your team.

One question which I don't believe I've seen elsewhere:

Will the crashed/stopped cars that you pass on stage be scenic or will they be actually tied to the road order? For example, if I'm running first on the road will I not have a chance to see one and, if the only car running ahead is a Fiesta, will the only car I would be able to stumble across be a Fiesta?

If that makes any sense!?

You'll only see opponents that are ahead of you in the running order stopped on stage.

KickUp said:

Will the crashed/stopped cars that you pass on stage be scenic or will they be actually tied to the road order? For example, if I'm running first on the road will I not have a chance to see one and, if the only car running ahead is a Fiesta, will the only car I would be able to stumble across be a Fiesta?

You'll only see opponents that are ahead of you in the running order stopped on stage.

Nice one, thanks! That's huge in making this a realistic feature for me.

Will there be any way to see your opponents' cars' liveries in any screen (I don't mean on stage)? So I know if the car I'm passing is the guy/girl ahead of me in the championship and I can back off.

As always, I appreciate you answering our questions so candidly; I promise that's my last question for this week!

KickUp said:

Nice one, thanks! That's huge in making this a realistic feature for me.

Will there be any way to see your opponents' cars' liveries in any screen (I don't mean on stage)? So I know if the car I'm passing is the guy/girl ahead of me in the championship and I can back off.

As always, I appreciate you answering our questions so candidly; I promise that's my last question for this week!

You won't really recognise the livery unless you have raced for that team yourself.

Gotcha. Then minor suggestion/future request - it would be nice if it were an avatar somewhere in the standings or UI, but great news on the incidents being 'real' - nice example of really implementing a feature well.

When creating stages in "your stage" will we be able to race AI in custom created "your stages", events, championships and leagues or is AI restricted to career only. I don't believe this has been asked thanks.

versedi said:

D4 does have water splashes, that's Coleman approved ;)

Demon, um, care to explain *how* you would see water on the bumper cam?

What he means is - bumper camera - no watter effect.
Dashcam - effect (player has limitted vision for about a second before the wipers work).

He wants it on both. 

That's not what I asked.
Where does the water come up to on water splashs. 

Voidhawk said:

When creating stages in "your stage" will we be able to race AI in custom created "your stages", events, championships and leagues or is AI restricted to career only. I don't believe this has been asked thanks.

We will have AI in freeplay generated stages.  

@KickUp Hope You had Gread weekend in Barcelona :)
May I ask, We saw in Inside Sim Racing DiRT 4. They have reported from San Francisco Review of Dirt4.
Was there the final build with 52 (except Hyundai R5) cars? or Can we expect some new cars to be add on that number?
 (In Final Build of game)

Gotcha. Then minor suggestion/future request - it would be nice if it were an avatar somewhere in the standings or UI

Maybe a little walk around the service park before the event start...

Cataluña looks very promising. Great work. The worst rally in my opinion in DR was Germany

so poor that you indeed are only able to flag it, instead of giving an good answer at least at this point. Sad. Very sad kevm and madmax

Bumper cams are on the bumper.
Bumpers rarely ever get water on them, they're above the water and it's the wheels behind them that kick it up.

Now please stop spamming, your rants are pretty hard to follow.

so poor that you indeed are only able to flag it, instead of giving an good answer at least at this point. Sad. Very sad kevm and madmax

I haven't been reading the past few pages, but though it'd be funny to wind you up a bit. 

Id say it's been a successful mission on that front!!   :D

ahhh and the majority answers on my posts werent spam? Interesting! very interesting!

The frontbumper camera should get wet if I drive through a river of water ..
I dont talk about 3rd person.
But honestly realism goes too far here. Immersion and fairness shouldnt suffer from preferred camera on such an avoidable way.

Why you flagged this post? Again why? and the worst about it is that you apparently took action. wow.
Instead of saying what was wrong with it / moving the post to right location ... errrr ... nevermind....

[quote]Dirt 4, 2/10 IGN, not enough water splashes[/quote]

Ok lets remove it from cockpit too. We all know you still would be nasty about it! 

But I realize it was a bad idea to ask here on this. Just little kids which play cockpit and if there are people which prefer an other camera than cockpit and something is unnecessary missing, then the only reaction you get is on of these:

1)"Play cockpit you idiot" although I clearly said I want to play at bumper
2)you make silly jokes about the person, because YOU are not involved into this - just go brain afk and make silly jokes which makes no sense
3) only 2 spots involved ( and what is if dirt 4 has more than just 2 cases? And I dont want to miss this at 2 spots either. And I dont want to gain the advantage by not seeing the water. But that seems to hard for you to understand because:
4) casual player because he doesnt use cockpit.
5) drive cockpit, drive cockpit - there is a problem with an other camera - you idiot drive cockpit your complain is crap, cockpit works.
[...]

Thank you very much!

Some gave not that bad answer, but the majority of you - better not post than posting such stupid **** - rather these posts would've needed a flag or offtopic......

PS: you must flag this post it contains harsh words. Dont forget it.

Just suck it and see mate. I for one don't want to know too much about the game. Just like back in the good old days.

Will we see any lightning or hear any thunder if there is heavy rain on the stage @KickUp, at least occasionally? I seem to recall playing one of the older Colin McRae games that had this and it was really cool :)

Rygar86 said:

Will we see any lightning or hear any thunder if there is heavy rain on the stage, at least occasionally? I seem to recall playing one of the older Colin McRae games that had this and it was really cool :)

Likely only in cockpit cam because of the discrimination against bumper cam users :mrgreen:

ahhh and the majority answers on my posts werent spam? Interesting! very interesting!

The frontbumper camera should get wet if I drive through a river of water ..
I dont talk about 3rd person.
But honestly realism goes too far here. Immersion and fairness shouldnt suffer from preferred camera on such an avoidable way.

You can't make stuff up to suit your desire! Where would the water come from?

Also will we see blimps in the game? I don't know why but I just like blimps :p

I love those extra little details in Dirt Rally, like the balloon in Germany or the helicopters or the tv crew vans etc.

Rygar86 said:

I love those extra little details in Dirt Rally, like the balloon in Germany or the helicopters or the tv crew vans etc.

Don't forget the drones that lift up as the countdown starts