DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Didzis said:

Rygar86 said:

I love those extra little details in Dirt Rally, like the balloon in Germany or the helicopters or the tv crew vans etc.

Don't forget the drones that lift up as the countdown starts

Yep, love those too!

yes and if I drive through water and the water splashes that high up that my windscreen is full wet, my frontbumper stays perfect dry.
Makes not much sense to me. But honestly even 3rd person should experience the water. The camera shouldnt change the game that radically. But at least the frontbumper camera should experience the full surface effects as well...

Then why don't you actually look at how and why water gets on your screen.
We will answer what we can, but your belief in physics from another dimension will only complicate matters.

Leave physics out of cameras. Problem solved.
And yes it gives me not much logic that a frontbumper stays dry when driven through water lol At least a flyby water must be there, otherwise I indeed dont see the logic. Whatever, even if it stays dust dry - the cameras shouldnt remove a difficulty by the track.
I wouldnt be surprised if rain weather has the same problem and I see only the raindrops from the sky, but no raindrops splashed on screen. right?
Even F1 doesnt remove the raindrops on screen splashing if you're not at cockpit. meh.

What planet are you on!?
WHERE do you think the water would come from!? The wheels are BEHIND the bumper cams!

I dont know how deep the water actually is, but I would expect water flying up also from the impact with the front of the car.
I cant imagine that the bumper stays perfectly dry after such a situation.
anyway - it should show at least some of the effect. But having absolutely nothing going on is lame. no raindrops by rain on screen at other cameras is lame too - even f1 hasnt it like this.

Pleeeeease, make it stop!

Gossip thread is 15 bumper cam water splash posts too long.

At least I get now a somewhat better discussion with at least someone.
But the only thing you could contribute so far was flagging post you have no interest on or make stupid jokes from it which rather would be spam.

Buy one of these and ask someone to spray water in your face while you drive through a water splash.
Problem solved. It's a bloody detail you are going on about. Just let it go. It's not the end of the world!

Pleeeeease, make it stop!

Gossip thread is 15 bumper cam water splash posts too long.

At least I get now a somewhat better discussion with at least someone.
But the only thing you could contribute so far was flagging post you have no interest on or make stupid jokes from it which rather would be spam.

I think you value your opinion here quite a bit above other opinions. Maybe you should get of your high horse, you lost your arguments justification a few pages back. Everybody got your point:
1. Camera choice shouldn't affect gameplay
2. Bumpers get wet
3. Therefore Bumpercam should get wet.

And as many already told you:
1. The bumper doesn't get as wet as the Windscreen. The Fords in rallies aren't that deep so you plundge your bumper into it, because that would rip it of, water is heavy you know? It surely would get wet, yes, but not as much as the windscreen.
2. View has always had an impact on gameplay. Cockpit and Dash are always harder to drive, just because you have more 'car' and less 'outside' in your FOV.

So you should by now maybe acknowledge that your wishes have been heard now and understood too, but also that your opinion is clearly in a minority and your feature is probably not on top of CM's priorities.

1) but at the moment there is not just less water coming up - there is no water coming up at all. And rain weather no raindrops splashing on the screen making the view even better.

2) Yes of course! And I'm fine with it! But removing weather effects and water effects on other cameras is an immersion killer and makes it unnecessary easier and is a difficulty and immersion removal I just dont want.
Dirt is the first game so far I encountered this problem. Other games, even other codemasters games, dont do this..
I dont see why dirt must have this. Its even more unfair for you guys driving with cockpit. We get help from the game I dont want to have.
And there I also wonder why it doesnt meet your opinion, if I actually wish removed the unnecessary side of advantages from the other cameras. I mean it would be more fair for you cockpit drivers too if other cameras dont have these unnecessary advantages anymore.

My two cents. It's important to distinguish between realistic camera placements and cameras that are there purely for gameplay purposes. The cockpit cam (driver's head cam) and dash cam should be affected by rain because of the windshield in front of them, a physical object that collects rain. Now, when you're playing in either bumper, hood or chase cam, remember that these are virtual cameras, they don't exist physically. A GoPro hasn't been put on these places and the driver isn't using it for seeing where he's going. It's as if the driver had mounted his seat on these areas and was using his own eyes to see the road, instead of looking through a camera. Of course, this is not how things are done and we must remember we're playing a game, thus we suspend our disbelief, to a degree.

I, personally, think adding a water droplet filter to the other cameras would only be a nuisance for most players. Most players would prefer to be hindered by rain where it's expected for them to be hindered by rain. People don't see something like a wet pane of glass, in front of them, when it's raining, unless they wear glasses.

I was going to write a rude post... but I laugh so hard at your last post that I suddenly lost the will to do it.

So, you talk that the bumper cam should get wet and rain drops. mmmmOkay! Just use a bit of logic in what your saying... what would you use to clean it up... or the bumper cam would get wet and wet until you cannot see? From your point of view I can assume that the bumper cam should get mud as well... and maybe if you crash the cam should be left there with the bumper as well?

If you want immersion, man up, use the driver head cam or cockpit cam. Anything else, @warpengage explain it to you in the post above!

This isn't a complaint thread or feature-request thread! Can we get back to gossip? There's plenty to dig into from the Inside Sim Racing footage.

https://youtu.be/cmlq40G9xK8

Anyone else? Just gliding through the forum then you come across this. 

Gibberish utter gibberish.  

This has become silly for a while now. Just accept it and move on. Is it really that hard to do?
It is a detail that might disrupt your immersion but nobody agrees with you. That does mean something, right?

We finally got the heli guy to stop ranting and now it's someone else who is not happy because of a virtual camera, one that doesn't exist in real life, which doesn't get wet. What's next? My whipers don't clear the water fast enough which always leads to me crashing? Or why can't I pop the lights up and down when I'm driving the Stratos? 

I actually have a question which hasn't been asked before if I recall correctly.
@KickUp, will it be possible to spray the windscreen in order to clear off dust or mud build up?

Its no surprise if you dont drive this camera and 2nd of course there are people who agree with me. My opinion is just an opinion, yes, but this about 10 people in this subforum arent the world's opinion either. But I can also say that other games do meet my opinion to this.

But you're right we should end this now. it got to an endless circle.

No I don't use the bumper camera because I like the immersion the cockpit view provides.
Most people using the bumper cam are casual players and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't like it.

But yes, let's end this right here and now.

my tears are short too short. even shorting a comma. but the water is so deep im floating on my own tears. its like black sea.

I actually have a question which hasn't been asked before if I recall correctly.
@KickUp, will it be possible to spray the windscreen in order to clear off dust or mud build up?

We don't spray but you can manually control the wipers which will clear dust build up. 

I appologise if this has already been posted here but I found it really interesting to see the work that goes into providing the first class sound effects we enjoy in Dirt Rally and in Dirt 4. Will all the cars in Dirt 4 have real life recordings @KickUp ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2XNhJCS0U

Thought there was gossip when I saw 41 new comments, nope, just a discussion on water and bumpers! 

I was left disappointed too :lol:

We went from helicopters in the sky to water. WE NEED TO GO DEEPER!

Rygar86 said:

I appologise if this has already been posted here but I found it really interesting to see the work that goes into providing the first class sound effects we enjoy in Dirt Rally and in Dirt 4. Will all the cars in Dirt 4 have real life recordings @KickUp ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2XNhJCS0U

We get as many as we can. Some cars are very hard to source but we aim to get the real deal whenever it is possible.