DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

awiik said:

I'm the guy who wrote the article that said that it would be a Peugeot 206 and the Seat Ibiza in the game. 
I don't know how, but i somehow must have mixed it with the Seat Rallycross car and the Peugeot R5 that I tried. 
I can't even find in my notes from the test day that I wrote those cars on the list, so I don't know how it ended up in the article. 

Even though i wrote it in Norwegian I could see it got out of hand quite quick, and I could not edit it before it was too late.

So I'm sorry that I made that mistake, and I'm sorry that I got your hopes up for no reason. 

But the fact that the game is awesome, the rallycross is way better than in Dirt Rally, and the Speedcars is so much fun is true!
Also that the "your stage" is just a real gamechanger for every racing game in the future!

So again, I'm sorry and I hope you guys can forgive me.

I was very very VERY disappointed!

Nah I joke, we all make mistakes. It takes a real man to admit to making those mistakes :)

awiik said:

I'm the guy who wrote the article that said that it would be a Peugeot 206 and the Seat Ibiza in the game. 
I don't know how, but i somehow must have mixed it with the Seat Rallycross car and the Peugeot R5 that I tried. 
I can't even find in my notes from the test day that I wrote those cars on the list, so I don't know how it ended up in the article. 

Even though i wrote it in Norwegian I could see it got out of hand quite quick, and I could not edit it before it was too late.

So I'm sorry that I made that mistake, and I'm sorry that I got your hopes up for no reason. 

But the fact that the game is awesome, the rallycross is way better than in Dirt Rally, and the Speedcars is so much fun is true!
Also that the "your stage" is just a real gamechanger for every racing game in the future!

So again, I'm sorry and I hope you guys can forgive me.

I was very very VERY disappointed!

Nah I joke, we all make mistakes. It takes a real man to admit to making those mistakes :)

+1

@KickUp I know you get asked a lot of questions, but do you know in career if there will be an option to see whether custom liveries can be applied to a car before we buy them? I know you said that not all cars will support them, so it would be good to know which ones do before we spend money on them

No you won't directly but there will be a wat to find out. In freeplay go to the car and look at the livery select. If there is only one livery then you won't be able to put your team colours on it.

Alternatively I could just tell you that it is only the Audi that is affected by this. :p

KickUp said:
Alternatively I could just tell you that it is only the Audi that is affected by this. :p

Liveries for all in freeplay... me like :).

By the way, @KickUp, the system requirements have been updated on Steam. The recommended has gone from a 980 to a 780, is this a typo or have you done some awesome optimizing?

I'll double check.

In the meantime... My work PC is a 970 GTX and it runs the game on Ultra with Outlook, Chrome, a bunch of dev tools and the Gossip thread all open in the background.

KickUp said:

That would make things much easier yeah. I didn't expect anything different really.

*EDIT: somehow managed to delete quote for this..

Sad to hear that about 206 & Cordoba. Missed that answer completely.
Well this gives us time to get over it stleast before release.
It's also good to know that @KickUp knows how badly people want these. 

To keep somekind of gossip going on is there going to be any DiRTy suprises coming out, this friday or in near future @KickUp

Livery editor looks really great, Jen Horsey's name on the car, spare tires!

How did the tuning menus look to those that spend a lot of time tuning their cars?

Got to hand it to this guy! When I saw the first video and dive into his youtube channel I though he was just another famous youtuber that got his hands on the game like the erased citizens or whatever they were called. But this guy is really informative! New subscriver... just keep them coming :)

er185 said:

*Body is 40 characters very very short..

Nice to see at 4:17 spare tires!! Such a little ( big ) detail that was missing in DR.

@KickUp Will spare tires add weight to the car and change how the car performs, ( e.g. more weight = less speed )? 

Talking about tires... A couple of months ago, you said the ability to choose tires wasn't decided yet. Any news about this, or it's ruled out, for D4, and maibe for the future?

Also, i hope you guys Trade Marked "Your Stage". This will be such a game changer that any future Rally / Off-Road game that doesn't has a feature like this one, it's a fail at launch.

DiRT 4 looks amazing!! Can't wait for June. Keep up the good work, guys :)

Dirtfish area looks awesome, livery editor & tuning menu looks great and now there are values with the sliders :) . 

Wow, didn't Kickup said a few pages back - we don't want screen footage at this stage of development (Alpha build)?

@KickUp what is your timeline for a closed beta (if there is)? 

P.S. The car setup interface looks clear and educative. Awesome. 

versedi said:

Wow, didn't Kickup said a few pages back - we don't want screen footage at this stage of development (Alpha build)?

@KickUp what is your timeline for a closed beta (if there is)? 

I did and that would have been the line given to that Journalist at the USA press event by someone who doesn't work on the dev team. This was different

Alf72 said:

er185 said:

Nice to see at 4:17 spare tires!! Such a little ( big ) detail that was missing in DR.

@KickUp Will spare tires add weight to the car and change how the car performs, ( e.g. more weight = less speed )? 

Talking about tires... A couple of months ago, you said the ability to choose tires wasn't decided yet. Any news about this, or it's ruled out, for D4, and maibe for the future?

Also, i hope you guys Trade Marked "Your Stage". This will be such a game changer that any future Rally / Off-Road game that doesn't has a feature like this one, it's a fail at launch.

DiRT 4 looks amazing!! Can't wait for June. Keep up the good work, guys :)

Spare tyres add weight so there is some strategy to how many you carry.

Choosing tyre compound is ruled out - I want to do it properly so it will have to wait for the future.

More new direct feed gameplay footage from Hollie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLiEaOOdtG8

More bang bang and that beasty aggresive engine sound confirmed. I can hear the gear change also got some love. Great job @soundfx

er185 said:

Yo, @urgaffel what gives? There's no helicopters throwing buckets of water on the camera? And what's with the wimpy amount of smoke? We burning candles under the tires or burning rubber?
Hopefully you've got an .ini file somewhere that some of those crazy kids will hackerize their way into and give it a big smoke multiplier like for the previous games. >:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLiEaOOdtG8

Wow Wales looks so great, Graphicallyy it's Yuge step from Dirt Rally  :)
by the way new video 
DiRT 4 - Interview With Clive Moody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGFeAHCTvY

I cannot wait for June, Wales in the sun looks so good, and the Welsh stages are even better than I remember them being!

versedi said:

More bang bang and that beasty aggresive engine sound confirmed. I can hear the gear change also got some love. Great job @soundfx

Agree. Love the Turbo whine sound, in the Focus RX car. Big improvements to Sounds.
Lightning and road/ground/stages textures are really... Wow. Thumbs up, guys!!

The lightning look absolutely fantastic! Sadly they didn't show the replays.

Oh, and the setups now have real values connected to them. Love it!

I kinda hope we won't be able to smoke the AI competition like we can in DR. Some sort of adaptive AI or a percentage slider would be the best.

@KickUp any chance of seeing some Xbox footage soon. I'm hoping to o have a pc buy June, but would still like to see some Xbox video. 

JZStudios said:

er185 said:

Yo, @urgaffel what gives? There's no helicopters throwing buckets of water on the camera? And what's with the wimpy amount of smoke? We burning candles under the tires or burning rubber?
Hopefully you've got an .ini file somewhere that some of those crazy kids will hackerize their way into and give it a big smoke multiplier like for the previous games. >:)

*flags as abusive*

To be fair, it looks better now :P That was an earlier build.