DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

bogani said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

Small question, can we completely remove the UI during replays? It would be easier to take screenshots that way.

Yes, there's a toggle in the replay options.

Will we also be getting replays for Rally Cross, Landrush and the Dirt Fish area? Please say yes! :#

Everything but Dirtfish is a yes as far as I know. No idea about Dirtfish.

My biggest question is if there is a replay after Rallycross online!?

Thats good news (if youre right) would you be able to comfirm what replays we'll be getting @kickup?

P.S. some one broke the forum  :|

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

Small question, can we completely remove the UI during replays? It would be easier to take screenshots that way.

Will we also be getting replays for Rally Cross, Landrush and the Dirt Fish area? Please say yes! :#

Thats good news (if youre right) would you be able to comfirm what replays we'll be getting @kickup?

Online Rallycross will have spectate mode so events can be broadcast. 

No replays in DirtFish. 

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

No replays in DirtFish. 

I'll take as there won't be any watchable replay after each heat like offline.

Broadcast/spectate sounds awesome though!

Can you run full event structure online?

bogani said:

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

No replays in DirtFish. 

Sadly not as it doesn't fit with a lot of the matchmaking systems on console. You can run heat or semi final/final formats though so as the host you can run three Qualifiers and then switch to two semi-final/finals. 

KickUp said:

bogani said:

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

No replays in DirtFish. 

Sadly not as it doesn't fit with a lot of the matchmaking systems on console. You can run heat or semi final/final formats though so as the host you can run three Qualifiers and then switch to two semi-final/finals. 

Ah okok. How many cars can enter an online RX event?

bogani said:

KickUp said:

bogani said:

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

No replays in DirtFish. 

8 players in a lobby so you see why proper format becomes an issue. 

We have some additional spectator slots. 

May i ask  @kickup. When You and the Team was in Barcelona WRX. did you use time to go around the track with Laser Scanning device :D  ?

May i ask  @kickup. When You and the Team was in Barcelona WRX. did you use time to go around the track with Laser Scanning device :D  ?

No sadly not. I took lots of photos last time I was there in 2015 though. 

KickUp said:

bogani said:

KickUp said:

bogani said:

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

No replays in DirtFish. 

Ok! Yes I do see that. A wee bit disapointing to be honest. Think about a large field of supercars battle through heats, semis and finals together in an online league event. Would be so cool!

One for the future maybe ;)

bogani said:

KickUp said:

bogani said:

KickUp said:

bogani said:

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

bogani said:

Rygar86 said:

urgaffel said:
Oscar97 said:

No replays in DirtFish. 

Ok! Yes I do see that. A wee bit disapointing to be honest. Think about a large field of supercars battle through heats, semis and finals together in an online league event. Would be so cool!

One for the future maybe ;)

Yeah, I get that. It's how you handle those that don't qualify etc etc.

nystedt88 said:

@KickUp is the gameplay from slaptrain the final build or is it more work to do?

That is in no way the final build which is why it said 'Alpha Build - Work in Progress' at the top of the screen. In fact that build is nearly a month old now and we probably have another few weeks of polish and balancing to do. 

@KickUp
What about eastern european cars. Why are not in game? Is it harder to license these cars?

We don't have a relationship with any of the manufacturers but we are working on that for the future. 

Wow so far The future is bright as Dirt 4 Fan :)
@KickUp May i ask.
In part of Team Branding video
1) we saw 8 different pattern. will be there more in Final build of game?
2) on same models of Car, but with different livery are different painted wheels! is that maybe chance that we can paint wheels in Team Branding? (didnt notice in video option for that)
3)is it posible just to paint Car blank. just with colour  and not livery design (for exampel like Citroen C4 in Dirt Rally ) 
Thanks as always for Your time

4) About Pre-order . I would love to Pre order on PSN (Europe) for PS4. will the game be a little early on PSN? I am asking because There will be Special Event on 9-11June. and  my internet conection is not fast. I needed 2 days for downloading Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 is pretty sure a little larger.. 

KickUp said:

@KickUp
What about eastern european cars. Why are not in game? Is it harder to license these cars?

We don't have a relationship with any of the manufacturers but we are working on that for the future. 

U know i wait 4 a volvo 242 haha :blush:

KickUp said:

@KickUp

While you're at it, get cozy with the Scandinavian manufacturers as well. 

:wink:

@KickUp May i ask.
2) on same models of Car, but with different livery are different painted wheels! is that maybe chance that we can paint wheels in Team Branding? (didnt notice in video option for that)
3)is it posible just to paint Car blank. just with colour  and not livery design (for exampel like Citroen C4 in Dirt Rally ) 

4) About Pre-order . I would love to Pre order on PSN (Europe) for PS4. will the game be a little early on PSN? I am asking because There will be Special Event on 9-11June. and  my internet conection is not fast. I needed 2 days for downloading Dirt Rally and Dirt 4 is pretty sure a little larger.. 

I'll ask about that for you.

@KickUp And what about manufacturers who don´t making cars anymore. Do you still need to license these manufacturers? For example Trabant, Moskvitch etc.

@KickUp And what about manufacturers who don´t making cars anymore. Do you still need to license these manufacturers? For example Trabant, Moskvitch etc.

Unless nobody owns the license anymore, yes, they have to contact the license holder. Which I guess can be a real pain for obscure licenses, since you'd have to track them down.

@KickUp

As always thank you for all the answers you give us @KickUp !

-Are you aware of any Alpha footage showing Simulation Handling Mode? We got quiet a few videos appearing last couple weeks, but pretty much all of them are either said to be Easy Handling, or are not specified. I remember I asked you that before and you were not aware of any Sim mode footage, so maybe that's changed by now?

- Do you think it would be possible to let more Sim oriented Youtubers and reviewers to get their hands on Alpha build? For some of us it is frustrating to see people who don't are not that much interested in Rallying play Dirt 4 and give us their impressions, yet there is a big crowd of passionate players supporting you and waiting for the release who wish someone from Rally Sim community could try the Alpha Build.

- Not sure if this was already asked, but will it be possible to set up a Rally event with multiple Your Stage generated stages using multiple locations? For example 2x stages generated with Wales terrain and 2x Australia based? 

-Will it be possible to preorder Dirt 4 from Poland? I don't see that location avaliable when choosing PC and Steam as platform. Unless I can choose UK and location just means language localisation?

-I saw Opel Ascona used right side mounted steering wheel on gameplay footage. Will we be able to change that (will tere be two variations of a car), or is it hard coded and car specific feature?

-What POV camera settings will be avaliable with cockpit camera? I remember reading that FOV option is disabled on consoles, how about PC? Can we move camera up/down/fov/bckwrd as with Dirt Rally? I really like the camera positioning we can see in onboard gameplay footages btw, I think you have nailed the "further back" camera position!

Keep the great work up! Have a good day ;)

KickUp said:

@KickUp May i ask.

I'll ask about that for you.

I'd appreciate predownload very much with my connection too - 10Mbps (Steam).

If it's doable I'll love your for that.

is there some kind of PS4 deal on ? as that seems to be the only platform to have pre order ? seems odd for the other platforms not to have pre order at same time. xbox and obviously steam.