DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

How many AI skill levels are there? Is it 5 like Dirt Rally?

In Rally PvP can you dictate how many stages or events or is each just a single stage. Could you elaborate on the "ladder" system.

Thanks

I believe Slaptrain's latest video is sim handling mode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rejX0NX1VAc

Well, looks much better than DR, to bad grip and inertia still seem to be off
https://youtu.be/rejX0NX1VAc?t=9m21s (that right hander at 9m21s)

im tempted to install Dirt 3 and compare.last time i tried though it wouldnt launch on steam.

dgeesi0 said:

im tempted to install Dirt 3 and compare.last time i tried though it wouldnt launch on steam.

I played it yesterday, it worked fine on Steam :D 

dgeesi0 said:

is there some kind of PS4 deal on ? as that seems to be the only platform to have pre order ? seems odd for the other platforms not to have pre order at same time. xbox and obviously steam.

If I recall correctly, Steam has its own rules regarding pre-order availability, I expect the same to be with Xbox Live Store (or whatever that is called) and Playstation Store. It's most likely those rules are most "lenient" on the PS Store side though, which is why it's only there for now.

well normally its a deal has been done with a certain platform.EA for eg do this everytime with battlefield release . whoever pays gets the exclusives and first lick of the ice cream :D

may not be the case . just wondered. ;)

Off topic, 

but im back from an incredibly bumpy Somerset Stages, which showed just how far a good set of suspension would get you! Unfortunately ours wasn't up to it and the car is pretty bent. Hopefully I'll get some footage uploaded tomorrow as my laptop is absolutely useless at the moment. 

https://twitter.com/mike_evett/status/851179508975751168 Caught a spectator of lying on the outside of a bend filming with an iPad, so I made sure that the marshals got him moved out the way!

Off topic, 

but im back from an incredibly bumpy Somerset Stages, which showed just how far a good set of suspension would get you! Unfortunately ours wasn't up to it and the car is pretty bent. Hopefully I'll get some footage uploaded tomorrow as my laptop is absolutely useless at the moment. 

https://twitter.com/mike_evett/status/851179508975751168 Caught a spectator of lying on the outside of a bend filming with an iPad, so I made sure that the marshals got him moved out the way!

Good luck with mending the car. And well done for reporting that dipstick! When accidents happen it's usually those kind of people that get hurt or worse. I just don't get why you would risk your life like that.

Didzis said:

dgeesi0 said:

Do any of you have a TM wheel?  I have a T300, and having a hard time getting D3 or D2 to recognize it, is there a workaround?

gfRally said:

Didzis said:

dgeesi0 said:

Do any of you have a TM wheel?  I have a T300, and having a hard time getting D3 or D2 to recognize it, is there a workaround?

Check if this works for you

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=432432407

Areyouben said:

Probably that answer due to the fact that Citroën is actually in, just not as a rally car.

Looking at the preview video that was posted, I didn't see any mention of Citroen. The car is listed as "DS3" and the logo on display was the "DS" symbol, not Citroen...

Off topic, 

This sort of thing makes me so mad. I love to get pictures of the cars in action, but dumb behavior like this is the sort of thing that is going to get the public locked out of rally events. 

tbtstt said:

Off topic, 

This sort of thing makes me so mad. I love to get pictures of the cars in action, but dumb behavior like this is the sort of thing that is going to get the public locked out of rally events.

Thing that bothers me the most is that he's filming on an ipad :D

But seriously, do they have (for instance) a website that explains to people where to position themselves and safe practices etc? 

Somtimes common sense alludes the general public at these type of things.

tbtstt said:

Looking at the preview video that was posted, I didn't see any mention of Citroen. The car is listed as "DS3" and the logo on display was the "DS" symbol, not Citroen...

True. You can interpret the thing in two ways as the car itself was still a Citroën when it was build, even if the logo ingame is something else. But we'll see. I won't say no to a Xsara or C4 if that's what Paul might be hinting at! :p

I would agree that the 2007 Focus looks a bit lonely. The Citroen Plastic Explosive would indeed be welcome. However, I think it's too late for new content to be added. I think the build at Barcelona, while not polished, was content complete.

I would agree that the 2007 Focus looks a bit lonely. The Citroen Plastic Explosive would indeed be welcome. However, I think it's too late for new content to be added. I think the build at Barcelona, while not polished, was content complete.

Why would you say that? Release is still 2 months away.

Rygar86 said:

Only @KickUp can confirm if the car list at the Barcelona build was final or not. However, it's not just modelling the car that needs to be done, you need to do sound, physics and balancing. Considering they need to go gold at least a month before release (I think), they don't have the time to do the C4. I also keep saying that, if the Audi Quattro is the only car with livery problems, then Citroën can't be in. That's my rationale based on what I've heard.

@KickUp

Sorry to bother you with this once again....

You have stated that there won't be any photomode included in the game because it requires a huge amount of work which is simply not possible to implement in Dirt4. Now you also said there are new replay options available in Dirt4. 

Would it be an idea to let users capture a shot from the replay with and without motionblur? Or maybe to capture an image with/without the wheels in motion? It would add some nice variation to capture certain shots and make it less static.  

Is there maybe a chance users can get a bit more control over the camera when paused during replay? Dirt Rally had a certain movement you could use. Not suggesting to give complete liberty but maybe something to play around with to grab some cool shots :) 

Last question: Can you give an indication when the final carlist and locationlist are being revealed?

/bothermode off  :p

:) 

Rygar86 said:

Only @KickUp can confirm if the car list at the Barcelona build was final or not. However, it's not just modelling the car that needs to be done, you need to do sound, physics and balancing. Considering they need to go gold at least a month before release (I think), they don't have the time to do the C4. I also keep saying that, if the Audi Quattro is the only car with livery problems, then Citroën can't be in. That's my rationale based on what I've heard.

I get you, thanks for explaining.

I find this extremely interesting.

https://twitter.com/jackbenyon/status/851382796371329024

SimVansevenant said:
I just don't get why you would risk your life like that.

Yeah, me either xD

bogani said:
The 2007 Focus needs a playmate performance wise!
And a year check, since it yet again rolls a 3D model of a 2008 year body and later. Damn that licensing :D

Got some specs together, take a look at the torque. The R5 Skoda is pretty high compared to the S2000 spec Fiesta (which get's it speed from revs, rather then torque). Still lower then the old WRC cars, but given the fact that pretty much everything else has evolved as well (not just responsiveness from the engine, but suspension, brakes, tires etc.) it's not that crazy that the current R5's are up there with the old WRC's.

2001 Ford Focus WRC2003 Skoda Fabia WRC2009 Ford Fiesta S20002015 Skoda Fabia R5
Displacement
1,991 cc1,999 cc1,998 cc
1,620 cc
Power
300 bhp @ 6,500 rpm
300 bhp
280 bhp @ 8,000 rpm
275 bhp @ 4,750 rpm
Power/Liter
151 bhp / liter
150 bhp / liter
140 bhp / liter
170 bhp / liter
Torque
550 Nm

260 Nm
420 Nm
Weight
1,230 kg
1,230 kg
1,200 kg
1,230 kg

I would say suspension, brakes, tires are the main factors that makes the biggest difference.