Jump to content

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

 

Message added by PJTierney

Recommended Posts



If this was a classic Codemasters game, with crazy hidden bonuses, then you'd be able to fly the helicopter down the stage too!

...although that could be a bit sensitive given what happened to Colin McRae :-(



Why not, it's a very good idea !!
You do your race, the game registers your race, and you take a helicopter by filming your race, that's good !!!!
To integrate in the next rally games I think, it would be revolutionary.
The couple helicopter / car it works very well!
Not only do you make your rally but in addition you film a helicopter, good ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ipascal said:





If this was a classic Codemasters game, with crazy hidden bonuses, then you'd be able to fly the helicopter down the stage too!

...although that could be a bit sensitive given what happened to Colin McRae :-(





Why not, it's a very good idea !!
You do your race, the game registers your race, and you take a helicopter by filming your race, that's good !!!!
To integrate in the next rally games I think, it would be revolutionary.
The couple helicopter / car it works very well!
Not only do you make your rally but in addition you film a helicopter, good ...


You can have that if you don't want another Rally game for the next 10 years.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I think the 206 wrc is the most iconic. Or maybe the 2003 Impreza. 



But then again that's just my opinion


I looked up here.

I believe the Lancia Delta Integrale take the crown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


KevM said:
I was caught up in the Cross-fire & suffered collateral damage (got banned), possibly for signing on yesterday in McDonalds whilst waiting on my daughter finishing her Happy-meal! lol 




True story. It's the easy way to get banned here. Just sign in/sign out with different IP in short time. Really annoying when you have to use VPN because your ISP are blocking other sites and you keep forgetting to turn it off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KickUp said:



ipascal said:








If this was a classic Codemasters game, with crazy hidden bonuses, then you'd be able to fly the helicopter down the stage too!

...although that could be a bit sensitive given what happened to Colin McRae :-(







Why not, it's a very good idea !!
You do your race, the game registers your race, and you take a helicopter by filming your race, that's good !!!!
To integrate in the next rally games I think, it would be revolutionary.
The couple helicopter / car it works very well!
Not only do you make your rally but in addition you film a helicopter, good ...




You can have that if you don't want another Rally game for the next 10 years.  ;)


Make it a drone then, it could shave off a couple of years  :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Busterbvi said:



SkyRex said:





Busterbvi said:



I see two Ford Focus RS Rally in the list, do we really need two ?  One could make way for the RS1800, the most iconic rally car of all time that rightly deserves its place in D4.








"most iconic" is highly subjective. (And probably dependent on age)  I don't find the Escort 'most iconic' at all... it's a often used car from that era but overall not more important than the Stratos or Quattro or Mini or RS200.  To me, the most iconic rally car would be the '99 Impreza, but it's subjective.
"It's just like... your opinion, man."





How right they are and its still winning rallies all over the world today. Codies should single out the RS1800 for special treatment and pay tribute to this "Rally Giant" and give us a proper works Group 4 RS1800. 




I love it when people say developers should do this and do that, you imply that they have no knowledge of this car's history when it is literally their job to research and know these cars inside out and work with ones IRL for sound recording etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SirPhilMcKraken said:
I love it when people say developers should do this and do that, you imply that they have no knowledge of this car's history when it is literally their job to research and know these cars inside out and work with ones IRL for sound recording etc.


That reminds me of a Koenigsegg CCX release in NFS World and the community manager at that point posted specs for the Koenigsegg CC8S, rather than CCX. While one could say the cars look similar on the first glance, when you go under the hood... well, not so similar anymore (completely different engine, over 200BHP in difference, improved suspension etc.)

So just because it is their job doesn't mean they are doing a good job at it. That said, Codies definitely are (I mean good obviously xD).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites







SirPhilMcKraken said:
I love it when people say developers should do this and do that, you imply that they have no knowledge of this car's history when it is literally their job to research and know these cars inside out and work with ones IRL for sound recording etc.






That reminds me of a Koenigsegg CCX release in NFS World and the community manager at that point posted specs for the Koenigsegg CC8S, rather than CCX. While one could say the cars look similar on the first glance, when you go under the hood... well, not so similar anymore (completely different engine, over 200BHP in difference, improved suspension etc.)

So just because it is their job doesn't mean they are doing a good job at it. That said, Codies definitely are (I mean good obviously xD).




I get your point however CM games are more based around simulating the real versions where NFS is arcade and probably don't pay as close attention. It could just have been an error though :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neat. I dont mind other games dipping into Rallycross. it just means more rallycross for everybody. Unless it's like rx in loeb evo. That wasn't really good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Neat. I dont mind other games dipping into Rallycross. it just means more rallycross for everybody. Unless it's like rx in loeb evo. That wasn't really good


I don't mind it as long as its not exclusivity, thats what annoys me when it comes to things like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I think the 206 wrc is the most iconic. Or maybe the 2003 Impreza. 



But then again that's just my opinion


Well, everyone has theirs opinions... When someone says " Rally ", the first brand / manufacter that always comes to my mind, in first place, is Subaru, and there's no other most iconic car, from Subaru than the 98-99 WRC versions... but this is just my opinion :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alf72 said:





I think the 206 wrc is the most iconic. Or maybe the 2003 Impreza. 



But then again that's just my opinion




Well, everyone has theirs opinions... When someone says " Rally ", the first brand / manufacter that always comes to my mind, in first place, is Subaru, and there's no other most iconic car, from Subaru than the 98-99 WRC versions... but this is just my opinion :D 


Yeah for me its either Subaru or Ford I would mostly relate to Rally, the 206 WRC never comes to mind personally if Peaugot and rally is mentioned, always the 205 T16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Project CARS 2 is doing Rallycross too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVcPIuWwWcY

@KickUp

i thougt you had the licence for RX? how does this work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nystedt88 said:
@KickUp
i thougt you had the licence for RX? how does this work?


DiRT 4 has the licence for the World RallyCross Chanpionship or WRX, but they don't have a licence for the entire sport. So Project CARS can have rallycross cars and tracks as lomg as they don't use the official WRX logo or name

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

carpa said:



nystedt88 said:
@KickUp
i thougt you had the licence for RX? how does this work?




DiRT 4 has the licence for the World RallyCross Chanpionship or WRX, but they don't have a licence for the entire sport. So Project CARS can have rallycross cars and tracks as lomg as they don't use the official WRX logo or name


hm ok.. but Fia owns RX and WRC but CM cant use older wrc cars... that is BS... its sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nystedt88 said:



carpa said:





nystedt88 said:
@KickUp
i thougt you had the licence for RX? how does this work?






DiRT 4 has the licence for the World RallyCross Chanpionship or WRX, but they don't have a licence for the entire sport. So Project CARS can have rallycross cars and tracks as lomg as they don't use the official WRX logo or name




hm ok.. but Fia owns RX and WRC but CM cant use older wrc cars... that is BS... its sad


IMG are the promoters of the FIA World RX Championship and they have granted us the exclusive license to their championship. Unlike the WRC the cars are not included as part of the agreement so we have to license them seperately. That means that other companies can do the same.
The FIA oversee all motorsport but they do not get involved in the licensing agreements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nystedt88 said:

hm ok.. but Fia owns RX and WRC but CM cant use older wrc cars... that is BS... its sad


The FIA are the sanctioning body I believe; they have the right to give the 'World' part of a motorsport title. The promoter usually holds the licence.

In WRX's case it's IMG, the WRC is promoted (and licenced) by a company called 'WRC Promoter,' which is a subsidiary of Red Bull I believe (which makes it even more amazing that they are so bad at it!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Dytut said:





dwkGravey said:







Busterbvi said:




 how much work can it be ?




Probably any game developer's favourite question.






Any software developers favourite question. Trust me, I'm a developer and I loooooooove when someone asks me that question in a condescending tone. 




My dad's a world class mechanical engineer, and my buddy is an electrical engineer, and I LOOOOOOVE asking them that question, in the most condescending tone possible. >:)

That PCars trailer (other than the extremely annoying... "music") actually looks pretty good. I just hope it has more cars I'm interested in. I never was much into Formula or GT so I mainly drove the Focus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




SirPhilMcKraken said:
I love it when people say developers should do this and do that, you imply that they have no knowledge of this car's history when it is literally their job to research and know these cars inside out and work with ones IRL for sound recording etc.




That reminds me of a Koenigsegg CCX release in NFS World and the community manager at that point posted specs for the Koenigsegg CC8S, rather than CCX. While one could say the cars look similar on the first glance, when you go under the hood... well, not so similar anymore (completely different engine, over 200BHP in difference, improved suspension etc.)

So just because it is their job doesn't mean they are doing a good job at it. That said, Codies definitely are (I mean good obviously xD).


There's a reason NFS World was shut down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@KickUp
What about the RX Tracks? I guess PCars 2 can't use any of the Tracks that are part of the FIA World RX Championship, or am i wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alf72 said:

@KickUp
What about the RX Tracks? I guess PCars 2 can't use any of the Tracks that are part of the FIA World RX Championship, or am i wrong? 


I'm fairly sure that's not the case. Hell was shown in the ''leaked'' trailer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

zoliRX said:



Alf72 said:


@KickUp
What about the RX Tracks? I guess PCars 2 can't use any of the Tracks that are part of the FIA World RX Championship, or am i wrong? 



I'm fairly sure that's not the case. Hell was shown in the ''leaked'' trailer.


The tracks are independant too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×