F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

This video shows some rallycross gameplay after the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXeEFOuiCYo

Looks fun, but will probably be pretty limited as far as content goes. Kinda weird having GRC and World RX cars together as well.

I'd be pretty impressed if it's any where near as good as dirt 4's rallycross. Especially as they've had the help of petter. After getting PC1 free with Xbox live the other month, I wasn't too impressed with the handling 

zoliRX said:

Alf72 said:

@KickUp
What about the RX Tracks? I guess PCars 2 can't use any of the Tracks that are part of the FIA World RX Championship, or am i wrong? 

I'm fairly sure that's not the case. Hell was shown in the ''leaked'' trailer.

Yeah, you're right. I noticed that after watching the video a second time. If they, or any other Dev, can use the RX cars and RX Tracks, all Codies have exclusivity is a FIA logo???
What if a Dev does a exclusive deal to all RX cars and Tracks, doesn't Codies will end with a Championship that they can't do, because they can't use the RX cars and tracks?

License deals / agrements are too much for my brain :D 

Alf72 said:

zoliRX said:

Alf72 said:

@KickUp
What about the RX Tracks? I guess PCars 2 can't use any of the Tracks that are part of the FIA World RX Championship, or am i wrong? 

Yeah, you're right. I noticed that after watching the video a second time. If they, or any other Dev, can use the RX cars and RX Tracks, all Codies have exclusivity is a FIA logo???
What if a Dev does a exclusive deal to all RX cars and Tracks, doesn't Codies will end with a Championship that they can't do, because they can't use the RX cars and tracks?

Probably best to let us worry about the details then ;)

KickUp said:

zoliRX said:

Alf72 said:

@KickUp

The tracks are independant too.

I guess that's why you don't have Trois-Rivière :(

KickUp said:

Alf72 said:

zoliRX said:

Alf72 said:

@KickUp

Probably best to let us worry about the details then ;)

It's probably better :D 

dwkGravey said:

Furthermore, when attempting to capture Owen Shaw, Brian O'Connor chose the RS1600, not the RS1800, which I think says it all.

Adding on to that - pCARS 2 use RS1600 in their Rallycross :D 

zoliRX said:

Alf72 said:

@KickUp

They confirmed to have DirtFish, Daytona, Hell, Hockenheim, Knockhill, Loheac and Lydden Hill. So they can have some tracks that are also in DiRT 4.

I'd be pretty impressed if it's any where near as good as dirt 4's rallycross. 

I also think that DiRT 4 will be better but a bit of competition for Codemasters won't be a bad thing, it will push them to do even better ;)

It'll definitely be good if (if?!) PC2 offers a better RallyCross than DiRT 4

Fixed that for you 

Well, at least it looks and sounds better than SadLeobRallyEvo.  I'm one of the few that likes PCars, its fun to play around with.  AC is a better sim, but to me PC was always more polished.  (my Opinions).  My heart is with CM (and the community) but some competition is always nice too.  DR probably made PC step up their handling game some, but not going to hold my breath.   

So i've been playing RBR for the past couple of days and trying out different cars and physics and I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. 

Hurry up with DiRT4 please!

So i've been playing RBR for the past couple of days and trying out different cars and physics and I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. 

Hurry up with DiRT4 please!

I had been confined to RBR since May when my GPU broke, until recently. Vanilla RBR is impossibly hard and just hard for the sake of being hard.

However, RBR with Next Generation Physics mod (the one RSRBR has) is really something. The tarmac physics are spectacular, and the gravel physics are quite spot on too. When I came back to DR I tried to get the cars to feel similar to RBR and thankfully, on gravel, I got the fiesta to feel just the same. Can't say the same for tarmac, but oh well.

Both are WIP so, can always improve, but comparing the PCars 2 RX video and the video where SlapTrain drives the Focus RX, i can say that the car/engine sounds of the Focus RX are way, way better. I know it isn't the exact same cars, in both videos, so it isn't a fair comparison but still...
Not only that, Driver animations, while switching gears and using the handbrake, are better too, in D4.
In any way, competition is always good...

Alf72 said:

Both are WIP so, can always improve, but comparing the PCars 2 RX video and the video where SlapTrain drives the Focus RX, i can say that the car/engine sounds of the Focus RX are way, way better. I know it isn't the exact same cars, in both videos, so it isn't a fair comparison but still...
Not only that, Driver animations, while switching gears and using the handbrake, are better too, in D4.
In any way, competition is always good...

The key thing for me is that the World RX drivers loved what they played in Barcelona. Petter and especially Oliver Solberg are definitely our harshest critics and they have said we are as good as it gets. I can't say if they have played PC2 but I'm quietly confident we are where it's at. 

Areyouben said:

Looks fun, but will probably be pretty limited as far as content goes. Kinda weird having GRC and World RX cars together as well.

That doesn't look bad at all! I am not into RX at all, but I hope they decide to do some Rally stuff too!

SamRWD said:

Areyouben said:

That doesn't look bad at all! I am not into RX at all, but I hope they decide to do some Rally stuff too!

I think PC2 has somewhat more realisitc lighting than D4, just can't put my finger on the source. Maybe a mixture of reflections on metal and visible sunlight rays, but the difference isn't that big.
Compared to D4, DiRT has a whole lot better particle effects (dirt) than PC2 though, which is a huge immersion part if you drive offroad.
I'm not really exited for PC2, after how PC1 turned out. Promised features never came and although the physics were plausible, the FFB was utter BS... I never found a setup, that would work with my T300 and give me proper feedback from the front wheels, which made catching a slide a PITA, compared to DR, where I can hold a drift almost naturally, because the wheel properly feeds back how the wheels are turning and moving.

It looks decent, but from the video I'd say the suspension is no where near as good as dirt rally or 4, and the car the cars change direction seems a little off. They seem to move about almost instantly without having to set the car up too much. Still, hard to tell from gameplay videos

There are 3 things that are missing in D4 when it comes to RX for me:
- EKS Audi S1 RX
- Hockenheim RX circuit
- Mettet RX circuit

Rest can all go to Hell for all I care xD (pun intended) :D

There are 3 things that are missing in D4 when it comes to RX for me:
- EKS Audi S1 RX
- Hockenheim RX circuit
- Mettet RX circuit

Rest can all go to Hell for all I care xD (pun intended) :D

What about Trois Rivieres and Barcelona circuits? U.u  Besides, there's a much longer wishlist in the rally aspect of the game for me in terms of cars and stages

KickUp said:

And that's how all "PROMOTERS" should do if they really want to promote the motorsport instead of filling their pockets with $. 

DiRT 4 is looking excellent. My hype is rather high, and that's coming from someone who's cautious about hype. The wait for the final car list is killing me. On the one hand, Paul said no Peugeot 206 hear on the forums, but then replies neutrally to Playstation. I want to believe him but maybe they're experimenting with new gossip tactics :). There's also the matter of the C4 WRC. Logic tell me that the numbers seen on the alpha build line up (+ the no problems with liveries assertion, except on the Audi), however, a part of me still wants to believe the cars we unveiled are not final and there still is at least one surprise (unlikely but one can hope).

I was surprised to see the cars that PC2 had for Rallycross, but I still believe Codemasters will do a better job representing the sport. 

versedi said:

KickUp said:

And that's how all "PROMOTERS" should do if they really want to promote the motorsport instead of filling their pockets with $. 

In fairness, I don't think any promoter does this with tracks; there's no precedent. Even locations synonymous with a single race, like Indianapolis, Le Mans and Bathurst, licence their venue to multiple games. And two of those partially feature public roads.

I think, if you're referring to the WRC stages, part of the issue would be that no-one owns the stages, so using them is a grey area because there are no simple contracts to clarify.