DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Does anyone know if preordering through Instant Gaming you can still have all the bonuses?
https://www.instant-gaming.com/es/1893-comprar-key-steam-dirt-4/
It is 50% Cheaper than in Steam :o

Does anyone know if preordering through Instant Gaming you can still have all the bonuses?
https://www.instant-gaming.com/es/1893-comprar-key-steam-dirt-4/
It is 50% Cheaper than in Steam :o

Bonuses?  You might not even get your game lol

bogani said:

Didzis said:

bogani said:
Rallycross as a sport is very sideways and it's fun without feeling arcadey. It won't be, for example, like Grand Theft Auto where you can yank the handbrake and slide through corners and such. It's all about authenticity while making it accessible.

Wait, what?

Yes exactly. The whole article is a big WAT.
I find it fascinating the managed to talk about Mario Kart and Grand Theft Auto in a piece on Project Cars 2. 

I found the original article ; http://www.gamereactor.eu/previews/528273/Project+Cars+2+-+Rallycross+Impressions/

Still a weird read though.

I've found it on G2A for almost half the price comparing to Steam but I don't really trust these sites. Friend of mine had BF4 removed from his library after few years cause it turns out when he bought the cd key - the seller used stolen card to get it first.

@KickUp Pre-Download is planned, for Steam? If it isn't, can you pull some strings and make this happen, please? 

Skip the key sites guys. If there is any dev that deserves your money it's these guys :)

It's probably because of such lousy sites that people who buy the game fair and square sometimes can't even play it.
Last year my wife bought Tomb Raider for me during a sale, brand new and sealed, and when I entered the steam key for installation, it said the key was already in use...

Pre-orderd :D finally I can go on holiday with a good feeling!,..
Next stop is getting my rallycar ready ....

Please can someone let me know the UK price? I'm currently out of the country, so trying to work out if it's cheaper to buy it here or when I get back. I'm assuming if I buy it in one country, I can use it in another?

RodgerDavies said:

Please can someone let me know the UK price? I'm currently out of the country, so trying to work out if it's cheaper to buy it here or when I get back. I'm assuming if I buy it in one country, I can use it in another?

https://steamdb.info/app/421020/

Because the Steam pre-order just went live today, and people are asking about key sites, I'm gonna drop this here: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBakPg6x63Q

Please just buy it from Steam. There is no legit way any of those sites can sell the keys for half the price.
Those keys are so cheap because they have been bought with stolen credit cards, and in the end Codemasters will be the one who will have to pay for it.

Also a recent article by TotalBiscuit regarding G2A: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spp1mm

urgaffel said:

Will Dirt 4 have a motion blur strength setting?
In Dirt Rally it is a bit strong, but I'd like to not complete deactivate it, because youtube would get compression problems then.
But I'd like to have it toned down to half or quarter the strength.

Related to cockpit camera - Maybe I get more used to it, if I would have a VR device with headtracking - but without it is too much vision loss to me, especially for me its much more immersion to see more from the road surface and landscape, than seeing 75% of the screen = car interior. Is it maybe possible to edit some file somehow, so that I can see weather effects happening on bumper camera? That would be nice.

No variable strength on the motion blur, sorry.

I just tested bumper cam in the rain and you get the same rain effect no matter which exterior camera you use (in Dirt 4). I'll see what I can do about the water splashes...

1) hm ok. Is there a reason behind this? In Dirt Rally I would've preferred half or quarter of the current motion blur strength. Best is completely deactivated for me I guess, but thats then problemativ with youtube compression

2) At least that. Thats a great step forward then if at least the weather effects work.
Splash Water? What you can do about it? Make water splashing on the whole screen (like every other game would do and DOES do)(obviously you cant use the wiper here, so just let it fade away like it currently does on the windshield without using wiper too. But at least try to do anything to it. Let it at least splash SOME water rather than nothing at all.

Its so ridiculous that I called my lets play video "Splash Water without water" xD And in this case the title fitted sadly perfect and my audience had to laugh about it too xD

@KickUp In DiRT4 will we be able to change gears before the start in rallycross online? In DR you can change gears before the start in single player but not online

Didzis said:

@KickUp In DiRT4 will we be able to change gears before the start in rallycross online? In DR you can change gears before the start in single player but not online

You can do it in online, but only in the last 2 seconds.

Pre-ordered and pumping. Was pretty cheap after selling every single item in my inventory  :D

I can't remember anyone asked about this, so - how much time do we have to wait for soundtrack list reveal? Mid-end of may? Or earlier? 
@KickUp @ChristinaMc

PS: I don't really expect any answer because of agreements/licensing, but it won't harm to ask :)

Today i Heard a good information from An older worker who works in Fiat plant. I cant say what model, but give hint.
There is relativy new Model from that company with Japanese conection ( its Rwd r3 class)  and one more model with 3 numbers in name but its older model..
he said its 100 %  in New Rally Game coming this year. He was told from other younger workers, because he dont know English (And plant in Serbia had visit from Italy Fiat, and they where very proud to promote car models via Games)  but he  dosent know wich game is.  I hope its Dirt 4 even as DLC

I think it will be in 'Gravel', the new game by Milestone. But one can hope ;)

Because the Steam pre-order just went live today, and people are asking about key sites, I'm gonna drop this here: 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBakPg6x63Q

Please just buy it from Steam. There is no legit way any of those sites can sell the keys for half the price.
Those keys are so cheap because they have been bought with stolen credit cards, and in the end Codemasters will be the one who will have to pay for it.

Also a recent article by TotalBiscuit regarding G2A: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1spp1mm

i wouldnt use them but remember there are legit keysites.people act like steam are all friendly.they take 30 percent on all sales.so some legit sites will offer game cheaper just at smaller percentage made.

probably why you paying £45

Dirt Rally: Steam 50 €
Anywhere else: ~20 €

Dont understand me wrong - its even on totally legit shops like okaysoft.de much cheaper than on steam - which makes sense to me. Why I'm supposed to pay 50 € for Dirt Rally if Dirt 4 is almost out and Dirt Rally is from 2015. Doesnt make sense to me.

Lots of problems with those key sites, have used some in the past but will.never pre order from them, only immediate availability.

The dirt team have done their work very well, to me, that deserves maximum return, so I pre ordered at full price through steam.

Water splashes arent deep enough for the bumper to hit the water or be splashed by the wheels (that are behind the bumper)

Like Ryu said, 2 second mark in online RX let's you change gears, been playing it a few times this week, more fun than I remember.

Would still like to know if there's any difference to CM if you buy from their own store instead of directly from Steam.

Would still like to know if there's any difference to CM if you buy from their own store instead of directly from Steam.

This is a good point actually, I know steam does take some for their service, but I'm fairly certain that CMs own store link thing actually just goes to Steam.

I just tested bumper cam in the rain and you get the same rain effect no matter which exterior camera you use (in Dirt 4). I'll see what I can do about the water splashes...

1) hm ok. Is there a reason behind this? In Dirt Rally I would've preferred half or quarter of the current motion blur strength. Best is completely deactivated for me I guess, but thats then problemativ with youtube compression

2) At least that. Thats a great step forward then if at least the weather effects work.
Splash Water? What you can do about it? Make water splashing on the whole screen (like every other game would do and DOES do)(obviously you cant use the wiper here, so just let it fade away like it currently does on the windshield without using wiper too. But at least try to do anything to it. Let it at least splash SOME water rather than nothing at all.

Its so ridiculous that I called my lets play video "Splash Water without water" xD And in this case the title fitted sadly perfect and my audience had to laugh about it too xD

I've added water splashes on the camera in bumper and bonnet cam when you go through water troughs. It's never going to be the same as the windscreen splash for various technical reasons but at least there's something there now...