DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I just visited the Steam forum and good God there are a lot of ungrateful twa... euhm people out there. They are even to lazy to look up things for themselves. 4 or so threads about physics: arcade or simulation. They are really getting on my nerves!

At the start of EA I was pretty active there but after few weeks I've found out the quality of posts there and left without going back ever again. 

cjl9 said:

Yes. Bunch of whiners.                                                      

Sometimes it is fun to screw with them a little. They just deserve it. :lol:

I haven't been in there, i did help out during DR stuff, not sure how much i want to go back at the moment.  I agree it's very much like a closed off community, they know nothing, and happily spread misinformation.  On the other hand, it's not like there are sites/places out there (other than this thread) that accurately purvey the correct details.

And yes, suddenly, now my pre-order is in and staring me in the face in Steam, i'm getting more impatient :D

Oh s%^t - i just realised that in German, the whole Dirt 4 - Fearless stuff, kinda makes sense, 

Vier is four in German (pronounced feer)

Oh s%^t - i just realised that in German, the whole Dirt 4 - Fearless stuff, kinda makes sense, 

I thought from my GCSE German it was pronounced with a 'v'?

For the german translation: Please don't translate this time the Word ''Heat'' into ''Hitze''
:D 

No, I remember my teacher telling me not to do that!

Honestly, i would personally say (not German) that it would be pronounced "fveer"

Well its a german v so it sounds like an english f :D its pronounced the same as fear.

bogani said:

A very brief moment of 2001 Impreza gameplay at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/HOX3rP5zOQw

New Wales makes old Wales look pish, & in reality, it's far from pish

My wife preordered the steelbook version for my birthday  <3

Lucky guy I am  :)

Honestly, i would personally say (not German) that it would be pronounced "fveer"

In German V=F, S=Z, Z=C :D There's probably some more, but that's what I remember from school :D  

Didzis said:

In German V=F, S=Z, Z=C :D There's probably some more, but that's what I remember from school :D  

Well, for me it doesn't really matter how you pronounce each letter specifically in German, because at the end of the day... it all sounds like an order to shoot somebody. Especially the names of christmas :D

Just a small note, since this is kind of a running joke in Poland about the German language (along with the one that there aren't any woman in Germany xD). Best to just ignore this post... completely... why did I even post this again?

KevM said:

bogani said:

A very brief moment of 2001 Impreza gameplay at the end of the video.

https://youtu.be/HOX3rP5zOQw

New Wales makes old Wales look pish, & in reality, it's far from pish

What in the hell does pish mean? :O

Didzis said:

Well, for me it doesn't really matter how you pronounce each letter specifically in German, because at the end of the day... it all sounds like an order to shoot somebody. Especially the names of christmas :D

Just a small note, since this is kind of a running joke in Poland about the German language (along with the one that there aren't any woman in Germany xD). Best to just ignore this post... completely... why did I even post this again?

Kinda like I picture all polish men with a short haircut, in trainers smoking a cigarette while saying kurwa ;)

Can you name YourStage saved stages?                            

KevM said:

I believe you can name stages you save for private use, but not those you share with others. Paul can correct me on this if I'm mistaken.

@KickUp I just noticed that in the steam feature list there is multiplayer, as well as online multiplayer, does that mean hotseat got included?

KevM said:

I believe you can name stages you save for private use, but not those you share with others. Paul can correct me on this if I'm mistaken.

It'd be cool if we could save, name and share Pseudo-Rallies for friends etc.  

We could have virtual Donegal or Killarney multiplayer, based on selected Spanish tarmac etc.  

Not essential but it would be nice!

Didzis said:

I'm just not sure I get the no woman thing... maybe it's a European thing.

JZStudios said:

Didzis said:

I'm just not sure I get the no woman thing... maybe it's a European thing.

Implying that all german women look like men I suppose  :D

KevM said:

KevM said:

We could have virtual Donegal or Killarney multiplayer, based on selected Spanish tarmac etc.  

This is true. We let you name your stages locally but when you share them we don't share the name to avoid people sharing offensively named stages.  

human1101 said:

@KickUp I just noticed that in the steam feature list there is multiplayer, as well as online multiplayer, does that mean hotseat got included?

It's Asynchronous and Live multiplayer versions.  

KickUp said:

KevM said:

KevM said:

This is true. We let you name your stages locally but when you share them we don't share the name to avoid people sharing offensively named stages.  

This whole waiting thing is starting to get to me..  :'(