DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Areyouben said:

That would still allow you to select names that'll get flagged by MS and Sony as there are some weird streetnames out there.  :p

There was even a trip made by Clarkson, Hammond and May in GT between German towns called.... CENSORED, CENSORED, CENSORED. 

An idea could be that you can write stage name that exist in Google Maps database (it would be like you search for example col de turini and it lets you select it because it appear in Google maps database)

Not worth the effort to be honest.  Better to spend time doing other things

KevM said:

Never underestimate some people's dedication to being CENSOREDs.

Some Landrush and Australia footage I havent seen (Apologies of its already been posted) 

Really keen to try both of these when D4 releases :smiley: Australia Looks amazing and those buggies look really fun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRNL3H3s8XU

Nice ALS & gear whine!                                       

KevM said:

Never underestimate some people's dedication to being CENSOREDs.

I'll just leave this here...

https://goo.gl/VZsY3T

I have to say that (after all these years) listening to Nicky's voice again feels a bit like this:
An old faithful blankey that will never let me down :blush:

httpwwwpetitesfritescomshopimages5227baby_blanket_purple_model_2-1jpg3503501002751759665

@Rallycameraman The sourced a correct spec '01 to sample?!   cool.  I know there are others that have new samplings as well, i'm really looking forward to D4's new engine sounds.  
I'm particularly happy that they've taken the same standing as they did with the 306 Maxi (can't fake 11,000RPM) for similarly 'unique' engines, such as crosskarts and 3 cylinder engines.

Yeah I put them in touch with a guy who owns one. I think it's the only 2001 Impreza WRC in the UK. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/dirtgame/status/853533444042784768

Challenge accepted.

Rallycameraman said: more

@Rallycameraman The sourced a correct spec '01 to sample?!   cool.  I know there are others that have new samplings as well, i'm really looking forward to D4's new engine sounds.  
I'm particularly happy that they've taken the same standing as they did with the 306 Maxi (can't fake 11,000RPM) for similarly 'unique' engines, such as crosskarts and 3 cylinder engines.

Yeah I put them in touch with a guy who owns one. I think it's the only 2001 Impreza WRC in the UK. 

That's fantastic, thankyou, also wow, rarer than I'd guess.
I'm assuming it's the even length headers?

That is a gorgeous screen, I never tried Sweden much in DR but thoroughly looking forward to it in D4.

I would love some proper old school Swedish stages with more solid ice and snow on the road. Now it's more of a frozen gravel base. It might be more in line with how the rally has been lately, but if we consider that there should hardly be any snow banks.

Would be cool if we could choose different conditions in Your Stage. How "snowy" the conditions are.

That is a gorgeous screen, I never tried Sweden much in DR but thoroughly looking forward to it in D4.

That's tragic.  I keep saying they are the most rewarding and possibly most accurate stages in the game.  I think the guys had refined things nicely by the time they got to Sweden & fitted the stages to V2 characteristics  

So I went to Lydden Hill today for the first time to watch the British Rallycross Championship and it was FANTASTIC. Absolutely non-stop racing with the tiniest of gaps between each one. When I went to Croft last year it was very slow moving and long-ass gaps between them but this was so much better. Watching this all today has gotten me so hyped to play the upgraded RX physics as well as the buggies in D4!

I almost bumped into this guy and apologised and only when I walked away did I notice who it was...got a cheeky snap:

Videos to come!

So I went to Lydden Hill today for the first time to watch the British Rallycross Championship and it was FANTASTIC. Absolutely non-stop racing with the tiniest of gaps between each one. When I went to Croft last year it was very slow moving and long-ass gaps between them but this was so much better. Watching this all today has gotten me so hyped to play the upgraded RX physics as well as the buggies in D4!

I almost bumped into this guy and apologised and only when I walked away did I notice who it was...got a cheeky snap:

Videos to come!

Good thing you apologized. You had no idea who you were messing with.

Hint to reference: Gatebil 2016

;)

bogani said:

Videos to come!

Good thing you apologized. You had no idea who you were messing with.

Hint to reference: Gatebil 2016

;)

Its ok, I know the reference and I also thought that afterwards ;) Like I was saying to @tbtstt when I saw him earlier, as much as he's been in hot water for his attitude abd bullishness, he's a fantastic driver and it was good to see him there and just to see him in general as I never have and he seemed to be enjoying himself today

Yeah, got into watching WRX last year, realising the whole thing is pretty quick fire and a lot of fun, easy to watch.

This new season made me go fire up DR for some pvp, little hit and miss finding lobbies, but actually good fun.
Much easier when you realise sound feedback on screeching tyres isn't informative enough, basically it takes way more to stop your tyres spinning and regain fine control in corners than I'm guessing it would in D4

Yeah, got into watching WRX last year, realising the whole thing is pretty quick fire and a lot of fun, easy to watch.

This new season made me go fire up DR for some pvp, little hit and miss finding lobbies, but actually good fun.
Much easier when you realise sound feedback on screeching tyres isn't informative enough, basically it takes way more to stop your tyres spinning and regain fine control in corners than I'm guessing it would in D4

Thats because the tarmac physics are fairly odd in RX, the gravel is fine but on tarmac. If you slide the car too much, it seems to lose all grip. The lateral force just doesn't seem to be there but from what I played back in November, this is no longer an issue and they're a joy to drive. I'm going to fire RX up now, got the itch now!

Does anyone of you guys know as well if AI is improved for D4. Ran this evening all levels on LH but they don't seem to be really aware of the player and I found the AI a bit to aggressive.

Yeah I know it's been 'off', especially transition from tarmac to gravel (basically slide hard and wait for gravel to hook you up hard)

Interestingly Paul let lose a little more to their Tyre model in DR WRX in the last Dirt show, that they had the Cooper data, but were too late to implement :(

Also! I had no idea they were racing on cross ply!

P308R said: 

Does anyone of you guys know as well if AI is improved for D4. Ran this evening all levels on LH but they don't seem to be really aware of the player and I found the AI a bit to aggressive.

Yes I believe it's a lot better now.