DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

P308R said:

Does anyone of you guys know as well if AI is improved for D4. Ran this evening all levels on LH but they don't seem to be really aware of the player and I found the AI a bit to aggressive.

AFAIK, the Rallycross AI has been improved to take bigger risks and be more aggressive but more aware of their surroundings (I'm pretty sure I read this somewhere or I've just made it up), no idea about the rally mode.

Thanks guys! Really looking forward to this game  :)

I have one last (noob) question: Since D4 is the official licensed WRX game, does it come with all WRX tracks or are there a few being left out? 

Going up that last corner on the Hell circuit gets me so excited everytime it is coming up. Such a satisfying corner!!!

After watching real RX today, I am more hyped than ever! @KickUp I hereby request that all the dev team work 24/7 and bring the date forward just because I am impatient. Seems fair yeah? o:)

P308R said:

Thanks guys! Really looking forward to this game  :)

I have one last (noob) question: Since D4 is the official licensed WRX game, does it come with all WRX tracks or are there a few being left out? 

Going up that last corner on the Hell circuit gets me so excited everytime it is coming up. Such a satisfying corner!!!

Unfortunately there are still only 5 tracks in the game (less then half of the current championship) but this is still 2 more than we got in Dirt Rally.

I've been quietly lurking and reading this MIGHTY thread :D

I'm so excited and have been loving the info, screens and vids released to date. What an amazing job by the team! 

I hope the guys will persevere through the push to release, with the aid of kebab pizza and popcorn, and will be hugely proud of the game in June.

I've found a Steelbook Edition on TESCO for a pretty good price considering normal versions tend to cost the same.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/dirt-4-steelbook-edition-ps4/665-8774.prd?skuId=665-8774

What is this Mystery location.....?

Codies car park?

Barcelona or Hockenheim RX?

One more rally location?

Battersea Power Station Gymkhana course? :D

I would think if a 6th rally location was in the works the team would make it clear as that would drum up the sales. So perhaps it will something small to mid-size, but nevertheless awesome :)

Rallycameraman said: more

@Rallycameraman The sourced a correct spec '01 to sample?!   cool.  I know there are others that have new samplings as well, i'm really looking forward to D4's new engine sounds.  
I'm particularly happy that they've taken the same standing as they did with the 306 Maxi (can't fake 11,000RPM) for similarly 'unique' engines, such as crosskarts and 3 cylinder engines.

Yeah I put them in touch with a guy who owns one. I think it's the only 2001 Impreza WRC in the UK. 

That's fantastic, thankyou, also wow, rarer than I'd guess.
I'm assuming it's the even length headers?

Yeah, that's right @F2CMaDMaXX, all the Impreza WRCars ran equal length headers, it was only the Group A car that had unequal headers (which is why the Group A sounds the best ;) ). And great work @Rallycameraman, looking forward to hearing the correct audio for that car now!

bogani said:

So I went to Lydden Hill today for the first time to watch the British Rallycross Championship and it was FANTASTIC. Absolutely non-stop racing with the tiniest of gaps between each one. When I went to Croft last year it was very slow moving and long-ass gaps between them but this was so much better. Watching this all today has gotten me so hyped to play the upgraded RX physics as well as the buggies in D4!

I almost bumped into this guy and apologised and only when I walked away did I notice who it was...got a cheeky snap:

Videos to come!

Good thing you apologized. You had no idea who you were messing with.

Hint to reference: Gatebil 2016

;)

Its ok, I know the reference and I also thought that afterwards ;) Like I was saying to @tbtstt when I saw him earlier, as much as he's been in hot water for his attitude abd bullishness, he's a fantastic driver and it was good to see him there and just to see him in general as I never have and he seemed to be enjoying himself today

Yeah, I think he is an excellent driver, it's just a pity he has a habit of making an ass of himself off (and occasionally on) the track. 

Glad you enjoyed Lydden. I actually yesterday was rather slow in terms of pacing, but there was some great racing in the finals. The Super Nationals were particularly excellent throughout the day, really mixed entry list and a lot of mid-pack battles. Ovenden was so unlucky not to win the final!

Supercar final from today:                        

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNEFr3NYKJU

Awesome work @SirPhilMcKraken, I shall be watching that later!

Its strange seeing something youre so familiar with in the digital world, on film in the real world! Its a testament to the hard work done by Codies :smiley:

On a different topic, Ive never seen proper race coverage before but I really hope the tv comentary is a bit better than those two shouty blokes  :#

I've been quietly lurking and reading this MIGHTY thread :D

I'm so excited and have been loving the info, screens and vids released to date. What an amazing job by the team! 

I hope the guys will persevere through the push to release, with the aid of kebab pizza and popcorn, and will be hugely proud of the game in June.

I've found a Steelbook Edition on TESCO for a pretty good price considering normal versions tend to cost the same.

https://www.tesco.com/direct/dirt-4-steelbook-edition-ps4/665-8774.prd?skuId=665-8774

What is this Mystery location.....?

Codies car park?

Barcelona or Hockenheim RX?

One more rally location?

Battersea Power Station Gymkhana course? :D

I would think if a 6th rally location was in the works the team would make it clear as that would drum up the sales. So perhaps it will something small to mid-size, but nevertheless awesome :)

Im absolutely certain that its a randomly generated Super Mario Kart track with all the Codies team as selectable characters. Prove me wrong guys!  :p

Rygar86 said:

Its strange seeing something youre so familiar with in the digital world, on film in the real world! Its a testament to the hard work done by Codies :smiley:

On a different topic, Ive never seen proper race coverage before but I really hope the tv comentary is a bit better than those two shouty blokes  :#

I imagine its probably the same guys on the TV coverage, but no I haven't seen it myself

I think @KickUp confirmed somewhere it's just randomizing the weather, country and stage for you. Not sure though. 

Kenny1962 said:

Does anybody know if we will be getting a demo of Dirt 4 before release.
Kenny.

No demo, takes too much time.
So I've read

one thing im looking forward to so much is a bright colourful wales.in Dirt rally its so dingy drab.will be nice B)

In one of the Dirt preview videos I saw you could choose a sunny day with rain. How wil that actually work? 

@KickUp  Will there be an update on how the careermode is being structured? Can you choose for example a rally only careerpath or do all disciplines make an appearance? 

Urgh, after this morning's UK news, I expect I'll be relying on DiRT 4 to cheer me up even more than I expected to need it to on 9th June.....

No pressure.

Yeah you poor Brits. We have lots of space in Sweden if you want to move over here and eat Kebab pizza. Just saying :-)

P308R said:

In one of the Dirt preview videos I saw you could choose a sunny day with rain. How wil that actually work?  

Haven't you had one of those? Sometimes small clouds can bring rain showers. Sometimes there even apears to be rain from clear skies, as the wind has pushed raindrops away from the cloud that they came from

Didzis said:

P308R said:

Haven't you had one of those? Sometimes small clouds can bring rain showers. Sometimes there even apears to be rain from clear skies, as the wind has pushed raindrops away from the cloud that they came from

With cloud yes, but not full sunny day and rain. Haven't seen that combination irl. Pouring rain and sunny weather. I like it though that it is available in D4.

Let me see if I can find the screenshot.

edit: sorry my error! It says time of day and with that you choose the weather. Sorry for the confusion!

From 13:00
https://youtu.be/cREEx-6zX_s?t=13m

My confusion came from this screen:

A sun-shower is an actual thing  B)                                      

KevM said:

A sun-shower is an actual thing  B)                                      

RAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWSSSSSS!!!

Dytut said:

Yeah you poor Brits. We have lots of space in Sweden if you want to move over here and eat Kebab pizza. Just saying :-)

Heck, I'd happily do that without the pizza...

Just need to learn fluent Swedish first...