DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

@KickUp
What retailers will have special edition with steelbook in sweden?
Last year CDON.COM had "Legend Edition" will it be the same this year?

Urgh, after this morning's UK news, I expect I'll be relying on DiRT 4 to cheer me up even more than I expected to need it to on 9th June.....

No pressure.

I haven't kept up with UK news, but my sister and her husband just got deployed to just outside of London.
I assume it's some kind of problem with the... "refugees."
If you plan on moving though, I've heard @Porkhammer makes great cookies and hands em out to house guests.

dgeesi0 said:

it was just snowing in sweden :D and its sunny in uk

I know, that's why I spent the weekend in Norway instead of the UK :P

Hearing Norway just reminds me of Lilyhammer on Netflix. Great show.

MrDeap said:

The only thing that will make me buy Pcars 2 would it be gamepad friendly & no fuss with controller setting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv7V1qNMOO8

Thank you Team VVV, 100% I'm skipping it. By the way, they have zero contents about DiRT 4.

It almost feel that anything you get on that channel are games you should avoid at all cost.

JZStudios said:

Urgh, after this morning's UK news, I expect I'll be relying on DiRT 4 to cheer me up even more than I expected to need it to on 9th June.....

No pressure.

I haven't kept up with UK news, but my sister and her husband just got deployed to just outside of London.
If you plan on moving though, I've heard @Porkhammer makes great cookies and hands em out to house guests.

It's our government making an unconstitutional power grab to become a one-party state, in a similar way to Erdogan is doing in Turkey - but I suspect you and I have markedly differing political opinions, so I'll leave it there.

So, DiRT 4 hey? That car list or some new previews would be a nice distraction round about now...

MrDeap said:

MrDeap said:

The only thing that will make me buy Pcars 2 would it be gamepad friendly & no fuss with controller setting.

Thank you Team VVV, 100% I'm skipping it. By the way, they have zero contents about DiRT 4.

It almost feel that anything you get on that channel are games you should avoid at all cost.

Sorry for the OT but,
Aren't you simply waiting on the big announcement of a new TOCA IP after Dirt4's launch  ;)  

@KickUp  If the car's rear end gets really dirty in the back, will that affect the taillight's ability to project light? Same thing for headlights?

MrDeap said:

MrDeap said:

Wow, that looks poor. How can so much not be working on a preview build where the host controls the hardware?!? The AI looks poor, and that's not even mentioning the bug in it, the scenery is popping in and out at times in a really obvious way, and controller inputs look awful still. 

I defended PCARS 1 even though I didn't really like it myself, and I will give it a chance when it's released, of course, but that's a weird choice of preview build.

Can somebody tell me if that is the higher roof scoop on the i20 or the one that's smoother to the car? Find it hard to distinguish from that angle

MrDeap said:

MrDeap said:

Team VVV haven't been invited to any of the Dirt 4 events according to themselfs.

I suppose it's because of what they didn't show much about DiRT Rally & the very few ones had terrible driving, especially for a dedicated racing channel. Even gamersyde with totally random video contents have better drivers. Even SlapTrain show better racing skill, which is hilarious.

... I'll go as far as they got the very worst drivers for a dedicated racing channel.

Not invited to DiRT 4 events is not very surprising.

Wow, that looks poor. How can so much not be working on a preview build where the host controls the hardware?!? The AI looks poor, and that's not even mentioning the bug in it, the scenery is popping in and out at times in a really obvious way, and controller inputs look awful still.

Try to be objective.
Those are not popping-in objects but self-shadows applied on those objects. Mostly trees. It might depends on gfx settings. Yeah, I've seen some kind of 'mothership' shadow bug, but the same thing was appearing in D:R after realeas, and even today, is present for VR view.
Regarding steering... I would say, f*** game pads. Want precise steering? Use steering wheel.
If you asking for translation of 90* degree rotation (about 8cm) into a few mm done with small stick... you asking for some aid/assistence. You don't know what aids are on. Maybe tester has chosen harcore sim with realistic assists.
And yes, there are 3 months before PC release which gives a lot of time to tune up some stuff like controllers filtering etc.

At the end, pCars2 has various things done objectively better than D:R. GFX engine, especially lighting and materials wise is more advanced. They offer VR and proper 3 monitors support at day one which is not going to happen in D4 (until CM not change their mind).

I'm not going to compare both titles in any way, nor start any kind of flame-war. Just asking for being more objective and thinking twice before telling statements like you did.

MrDeap said:

I suppose it's because of what they didn't show much about DiRT Rally & the very few ones had terrible driving, especially for a dedicated racing channel. Even gamersyde with totally random video contents have better drivers. Even SlapTrain show better racing skill, which is hilarious.

... I'll go as far as they got the very worst drivers for a dedicated racing channel.

Couple that with their rather biased opinions (SLRE better than DiRT Rally apparently...) and... you can tell that there's definitely some shady stuff going with them. I avoid that channel like a plague... or even more actually.

MrDeap said:

Couple that with their rather biased opinions (SLRE better than DiRT Rally apparently...) and... you can tell that there's definitely some shady stuff going with them. I avoid that channel like a plague... or even more actually.

Nothing biased about disagreeing with the majority.

MaXyMsrpl said:
Regarding steering... I would say, f*** game pads. Want precise steering? Use steering wheel.
If you asking for translation of 90* degree rotation (about 8cm) into a few mm done with small stick... you asking for some aid/assistence.  

Codemasters haven't had any trouble getting the gamepad to feel right. The gamepad feel in DR is really excellent and can be adjusted significantly to allow for precision, so it's definitely possible. Don't discount a large portion of the audience because they don't have a wheel, especially for a game that is being marketed to consoles as well as PC.

Damn, that preorder is really expensive. Probably gonna get it anyways ;)

BadD0g said:

MaXyMsrpl said:
If you asking for translation of 90* degree rotation (about 8cm) into a few mm done with small stick... you asking for some aid/assistence.  

Codemasters haven't had any trouble getting the gamepad to feel right. The gamepad feel in DR is really excellent and can be adjusted significantly to allow for precision, so it's definitely possible. Don't discount a large portion of the audience because they don't have a wheel, especially for a game that is being marketed to consoles as well as PC.

Besides you cut a part of my comment out of the context, I mentioned, one company does one think better while other company other one. There is no reason to put negative and even aggressive comments. There might be various (unknown) factors affecting subjective judgement. It's even possible that gamepad support is already perfect in pC2 but configured in improper way while recording the video.
There is no reason to make statements like Roger and followers did.

JZStudios said:

No pressure.

It's our government making an unconstitutional power grab to become a one-party state, in a similar way to Erdogan is doing in Turkey - but I suspect you and I have markedly differing political opinions, so I'll leave it there.

So, DiRT 4 hey? That car list or some new previews would be a nice distraction round about now...

You kidding? I love the Constitution, I have a T-shirt with it printed on the front.
Probably should catch up with world events over the past 3 years or so. Typically news just makes you angry, and usually doesn't really personally effect you.

I still found it funny that team vvv in their review of psvr for dirt rally claimed that code masters simplified the physics and made the game more arcadey.

SLRE better than DiRT Rally apparently...

:D

MaXyMsrpl said:
There is no reason to put negative and even aggressive comments.

Have you never had a convo with Ryu before? That was tame coming from him, wait til you annoy him.

RyuMakkuro said:

I still have some hope. InsideSimRacing wasn't so good at the start, but they have improved greatly. I especially like how they are vocal being biased while maintain a sense opinion.

Maybe Team VVV need time to get out of the comfort zone & accept defeat, maybe close down the channel... Who know...

MaXyMsrpl said:

Try to be objective.
Those are not popping-in objects but self-shadows applied on those objects. Mostly trees. It might depends on gfx settings. Yeah, I've seen some kind of 'mothership' shadow bug, but the same thing was appearing in D:R after realeas, and even today, is present for VR view.
If you asking for translation of 90* degree rotation (about 8cm) into a few mm done with small stick... you asking for some aid/assistence. You don't know what aids are on. Maybe tester has chosen harcore sim with realistic assists.
And yes, there are 3 months before PC release which gives a lot of time to tune up some stuff like controllers filtering etc.

You really can't discount controller users, not everybody can afford to have a wheel or has the space for one. And as previously said, the controller gameplay in dirt rally and dirt 4 is incredibly good. Whilst no, it's not a quick or precise as a wheel, you can still be very competitive with a pad. Plus I'd imagine that the vast majority of console players don't have a wheel, and probably a big percentage of pc users too.

I couldn't play PC1 on my Xbox controller at all, I gave up after several hours on it. The Clio was just about manageable, everything else was just stupid. Dirt rally on the other hand was miles superior

Since the userbase will probably be 95% pad users it's like shooting yourself in the foot not getting pads to work properly.