DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

MaXyMsrpl said:
 It's even possible that gamepad support is already perfect in pC2 but configured in improper way while recording the video.

I.e; We are incompetent and expect you to spend hours in the options menu adjusting your preferred controller settings.

KevM said:

@Kickup Why are all leagues gone?? .....

I was just about to ask the same....?

The league data seems to be available, though. I have a tab open for an active league and can see the standings and schedule etc. (phew), but the leagues I've joined no longer appear on my stats/profile page. Leagues home and search pages are affected as well.

Didzis said:

MaXyMsrpl said:

If you asking for translation of 90* degree rotation (about 8cm) into a few mm done with small stick... you asking for some aid/assistence.

A bit off-topic, but how tiny is your wheel? Or did you just mix up cm with inches? On my DFGT those 90° are about 22-23 cm :D 

bogani said:

Since the userbase will probably be 95% pad users it's like shooting yourself in the foot not getting pads to work properly.

It's probably not an accurate representation, but when looking at daily/weeklt/monthly events, the distribution between wheel and controller drivers is pretty much equal. I just find that interesting

if you have a controller plugged in it says you use it regardless as to if you have a wheel

baunau said:

KevM said:

@Kickup Why are all leagues gone?? .....

I was just about to ask the same....?

The league data seems to be available, though. I have a tab open for an active league and can see the standings and schedule etc. (phew), but the leagues I've joined no longer appear on my stats/profile page. Leagues home and search pages are affected as well.

I think it means they're going online with a test version of D4 multiplayer ;)
Probably sth went not as expected.

@KickUp Will WRX have the 2017 liveries? If not the case, will they be available later as DLC?

zoliRX said:

MaXyMsrpl said:
 It's even possible that gamepad support is already perfect in pC2 but configured in improper way while recording the video.

I.e; We are incompetent and expect you to spend hours in the options menu adjusting your preferred controller settings.

I really don't care. I'm using steering wheel since my day one in simracing (about 17 years ago)

P308R said:

@KickUp Will WRX have the 2017 liveries? If not the case, will they be available later as DLC?

No, it's the 2016 season, at least at launch, but no Audi as they were not a factory entry last year.

So Slightly Mad Studios is teasing a new IP. Some rumour says it's the WRC license.                

bogani said:

So Slightly Mad Studios is teasing a new IP. Some rumour says it's the WRC license.                

If that's true, it might be worth watching out for. I didn't know that it was on the cards though, when was this rumoured?

P308R said:

No, it's the 2016 season, at least at launch, but no Audi as they were not a factory entry last year.

It would be great to see if their cooperation would make it possible to update stuff during the season as well as organizing challenges during the official WRX weekends!

bogani said:

If that's true, it might be worth watching out for. I didn't know that it was on the cards though, when was this rumoured?

Maybe it's better to call it speculation than rumour to be honest. 

The license is up for grabs though as I've understood.

Areyouben said:

They say that their new IP will "sort of" involve racing. Not really how I would describe a WRC game. :|

In that case my money is on the Gymkhana Grid license. :smiley:

Areyouben said:

They say that their new IP will "sort of" involve racing. Not really how I would describe a WRC game. :|

Rally is rally and racing is racing. I hate the term rally racing btw :s

Areyouben said:

I think that it describes the last few years of the WRC games perfectly

bogani said:

bogani said:

Maybe it's better to call it speculation than rumour to be honest. 

The license is up for grabs though as I've understood.

Ah ok. I think they would do a good job to be fair, some proper competition. I'm very happy for a studio like that to have the WRC licence to then free up CM to do what they want with everything else rally related.

Hell no, I'd love to see what CM could do with the license.  I'd have it & DiRT no problem, without hesitation.

I think I have seen somewher @KickUp answer to a question about WRC licensing with "maybe in future ;)"
But SMS will do definitely better job than latest WRC releases. 

juu1ius said:

I think I have seen somewher @KickUp answer to a question about WRC licensing with "maybe in future ;)"
But SMS will do definitely better job than latest WRC releases. 

It couldn't get much worse.  SMS aren't good enough at FFB to make a Rally title work.  It'll be a mess too

KevM said:

Hell no, I'd love to see what CM could do with the license.  I'd have it & DiRT no problem, without hesitation.

If they had the WRC licence would that mean they would have to provide a Rally for every country in the current WRC callender? It seems like that is part of the licence agreement, like F1 for instance and the WRC 6 currently has, but with only a few short stages per country. If this were the case then surely Codies would instead use the "Your Stage" technology to achieve this requirement and then we would have a full suite of countries, but this time with no limits on content, making for the perfect rally game, something that has never been achieved. Just think, you could finally do 20 odd stages per country like they do in real life Rally's and race in every country that the pros are racing in at same time!

Or maybe Codies (and I think this is more likely and would be better) will just achieve this over time without the official licence by simply releasing new DLC and new Dirt titles until eventually they finally have every country on offer integrated into the "Your Stage" system, making them the official and untouchable demi gods of Rally games!

"You may say Im a dreamer, but Im not the only one"

If they get it, they deserve the chance to prove themselves. Was hoping CM would get hold of it it down the line, but if not there are certainly worse possibilities out there.

Anyone have insight how these licenses work? I guess it's the WRC promoter that wants a game out there to promote the sport. Is there a bidding war between developers who get the license? Do the WRC promoter fund any of the production costs?