DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

May shed some light about how strict dates and requirements are:
https://www.euronext.com/nl/node/421295

With the WRC licence, I would nearly prefer they didn't use YourStage tech and go for accuracy.

Existing "WRC" titles only have 'made up' stages with token landmarks, but look at Dirt Rally as a contrast.  Sweet Lamb is accurate, Col De Turini is accurate, Panzerplatte is accurate, Ouninpohja is accurate, but for licensing, they have to be re-named.  

Codies could accurately represent WRC cars, sounds, handling and locations (they are half-way there with existing assets) and keep YourStage for the DiRT franchise.  Best of both worlds.  WRC for authenticity, DiRT for infinite possibilities and a 'free hand' of content, disciplines & cars

I bought WRC6 just because of what it is, and its turned out to be horrific.  I still crave a competent WRC title like the good ole days

I think your stage would be perfect for a wrc game. Past games have always had the issue with loads of locations with hardly any stages. A game with 13 locations and unlimited stages would be pretty special

An exceptionally trivial question for @KickUp, but have the trophy/achievements been decided upon yet? Any subtle (or not so subtle) references for forum members to look out for? 

KevM said:

With the WRC licence, I would nearly prefer they didn't use YourStage tech and go for accuracy.

Existing "WRC" titles only have 'made up' stages with token landmarks, but look at Dirt Rally as a contrast.  Sweet Lamb is accurate, Col De Turini is accurate, Panzerplatte is accurate, Ouninpohja is accurate, but for licensing, they have to be re-named.  

Codies could accurately represent WRC cars, sounds, handling and locations (they are half-way there with existing assets) and keep YourStage for the DiRT franchise.  Best of both worlds.  WRC for authenticity, DiRT for infinite possibilities and a 'free hand' of content, disciplines & cars

I bought WRC6 just because of what it is, and its turned out to be horrific.  I still crave a competent WRC title like the good ole days

Recreating these stages took crazy man hours. There is no way they could accurately recreate the amount of stages we would want in an official WRC game. It's just not viable.

If they somehow could get a hold of the Virtual Spectator data that were used before during WRC broadcasts, maybe they could create the stages in a more efficient way. 
The Virtual Spectator thing was kinda impressive with great detail of the roads if I recall correctly :)

All they need is one accurate stage per location.  The location could then be bulked up with virtual stages.

Yes, it took a crazy amount of time, but didn't it pay off?  The stages in DiRT are awesome!

KevM said:

All they need is one accurate stage per location.  The location could then be bulked up with virtual stages.

Yes, it took a crazy amount of time, but didn't it pay off?  The stages in DiRT are awesome!

You wanted them to go for accuracy with the WRC license and use Your Stage in their DiRT games, isn't that what you wrote?

while i would like places like sweet lamb if your stage works well then overall the longevity is in your stage.

look at Dirt rally now its basically done.yet with your stage in dirt rally it would be going for many many years.that is why im so excited about your stage.endless replayability.

Whilst driving real life stages is pretty cool, I'd rather have loads of good detail, fictional stages than one very detailed real stage

Thats the problem with rally games compared to circuits. Track drivers see 1 corner a hundred times, rally drivers see a hundred corners once so to make the amount of stages they have in the WRC will take an insane amount of manhours. 

This is why I think Your Stage is game changing for rally games, it gives that sense of unpredictability and going into the unknown. While we lose that fine detail of a hand-crafted stage, we gain in replayability. 

tbtstt said:

An exceptionally trivial question for @KickUp, but have the trophy/achievements been decided upon yet? Any subtle (or not so subtle) references for forum members to look out for? 

Yes and yes. May or may not be covering it in a Road Book, who knows. 

:D 

@ChristinaMc, @KickUp, any news on what's happened to the leagues? They seem to have disappeared completely.

tbtstt said:

If there's not a PhilMcKraken related trophy then its a no from me.

tbtstt said:

A detailed reply which confirms nothing: @ChristinaMc has definitely mastered Codemasters forum policy. :smiley:

tbtstt said:

If there's not a PhilMcKraken related trophy then its a no from me.

I am hoping to see: 

"But S1 E2 isn't right!" - unlocked the first time you drive the E2 quattro. 
"Blessed are the Meeke" - unlocked by clipping a parked car near the finish line of a stage.

"Scoobie's wing isn't right, let's fix it!" - unlocked by completely trashing your Scoobie and losing your wing. 
"More kebab pizza!" - do 10 donuts in DirtFish Area

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

A detailed reply which confirms nothing: @ChristinaMc has definitely mastered Codemasters forum policy. :smiley:

Unless she's been smarter than all of us and hidden the clues in previous things again >___>

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

Unless she's been smarter than all of us and hidden the clues in previous things again >___>

You might be onto something. 

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

You might be onto something. 

B)

Everyone's Done It - Stalled the '95 Impreza over a jump

tbtstt said:

When will the next road book be @ChristinaMc?

bogani said:

KevM said:

You wanted them to go for accuracy with the WRC license and use Your Stage in their DiRT games, isn't that what you wrote?

Yes.

Virtual, as in static made-up.  Not generated on demand like with YourStage.  The WRC drivers have an element of pre-rehearsal and prior knowledge of stages, so it would be ok for a WRC title to follow suit.

The main problem being, we've seen and driven the 'accurate' stages before...

A man with a 205 or Ascona (DiRT 4) competing casually at Clubman level wouldn't have the element of pre-rehearsal so YourStage emulates that unknown too