DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Didzis said:

kop9000 said:

Didzis said:

kop9000 said:

кстати есть ещё вопросы по игре. я спрашивал в стиме но там мало было народу. там был ответ но ещё раз спрошу тут может ответят мне тут разработчики. напишу вопросы на русском

1) будут ли генерироваться деревни и города?
2) будут ли генерироваться дорожные перекрёстки?
3) будут ли генерироваться мульти поверхности?

1) don't know, there might be villages, but probably no cities
2) there were junctions in some of the videos (you wouldn't be able to go any which way though)
3) as far as I understand, not really. There might be variations between different kinds of gravel, but not like gravel and asphalt on the same track

спасибо за ответ.

печально что такого не будет чтоб поверхность менялась с асфальта на гравии и наоборот. Может они будут меняться когда ты будешь поворачивать на перекрёстке на другую дорогу. вот едешь едешь по асфальту. и надо поворачивать на перекрёстке. съезжаешь на гравии. этого тоже не будет?

также у меня есть ещё один вопрос. будет ли возможность делать длину трассы более 15 км например 100 км или 200 км. чтобы очень длинная трасса была?

также у меня есть ещё несколько вопросов

1) будет ли поддержка модов?
2) будут ли больше странн после релиза игры?
3) будут ли DLC?

They might use the same crossroad blocks for different corners, like using the same for a left turn or a right turn (that's purely speculation though), but Paul said, that there will be no mixed surface roads, those will only be available in rallycross and the Dirtfish area.

15-16km is the max length, that's supposedly a limitation of the game engine

They don't officially support mods, but they also are not against them
There will be 5 countries at launch, what comes next is anyones guess, same goes for DLC. 

спасибо. про поверхности я понял но может вы меня немного не поняли немного. вот поворачиваешь на перекрёстке то ты съезжаешь с асфальта на гравии. или наоборот

я вот что имел в виду

Great conversation!  I like the way you reply in English & kop9000 understands lol

Areyouben said:

I have used google translator to find out that you're asking if there are any other games with a simmilar function like Your Stage. There are a few games that let you create tracks completely from scratch (Trials and Gran Turismo 6) and some games that just let you create routes (pretty much all open world racers). Your stage doesn't give you a whole lot of control in Dirt 4 but who knows what Your Stage might evolve into in the future.

I remember making my own stages in V-Rally 2 as well.

а есть ещё какие нибудь гоночные игры ралли?

human1101 said:

@KickUp how about a handling update DLC for dirt rally with the dirt 4 tech?

Sadly too much has changed for that to be possible. 

The YourStage described in the article seems to be a beautiful piece of tech on all fronts. Can't wait to try it out!

@KickUp A few questions about the historic cars: will they have a few elements of modernization, because they're racing nowadays, like they did in DiRT Rally? Also, will their tires be modern rubber or will you have a classic tire model? (Personally, I think they should run on modern rubber).

@KickUp A few questions about the historic cars: will they have a few elements of modernization, because they're racing nowadays, like they did in DiRT Rally? Also, will their tires be modern rubber or will you have a classic tire model? (Personally, I think they should run on modern rubber).

As we don't have access to many of them in their purest historic formats we can't say that they are exactly as they were. Same goes for the tyres. 

Warp, yes, they're licensed for the cars they got hold of, so current tyres, and present day mods - not to say they're modified per se.

KickUp said:

human1101 said:

That is a shame would be awesome to have attacked the current rally stages with the new handling model, kinda best of both worlds

human1101 said:

KickUp said:

human1101 said:

That is a shame would be awesome to have attacked the current rally stages with the new handling model, kinda best of both worlds

I hear that. In fact the improvements to the Handling for DiRT4 were developed on those stages so I know how good they feel now. 

KickUp said:
I hear that. In fact the improvements to the Handling for DiRT4 were developed on those stages so I know how good they feel now. 

Dislike (Again.... lol)

:p                               

Warp, yes, they're licensed for the cars they got hold of, so current tyres, and present day mods - not to say they're modified per se.

I always thought the cars should be modernized, at least a little, without compromising original look too much, to compete nowadays. It makes sense to me, even though I know that opinion is not necessarily popular.

KickUp said:

Now I'm hoping that someone will find a way to import DiRT Rally stages into DiRT 4.

If we all hit refresh often enough on YourStage Wales, someone, somewhere will generate a perfect recreation of Sweet Lamb!  :D

Not gossip, but today I learned something.
You can knock a telegraph pole clean out of the ground in DiRT Rally.
https://ibb.co/fnxw1Q
That Integrale has a head like a bulldog.

https://youtu.be/918P2nvEdeU                                                

He will attract a whole heap of followers to D4, but ole Slap ain't no Rally fan!

KevM said:

He will attract a whole heap of followers to D4, but ole Slap ain't no Rally fan!

He is showing the improved damage model of DiRT 4 perfectly though, he destroyed that poor stadium track!
(Yes, I am very interested in damage model because it makes up most of my gameplay thanks to my driving "style")

If it helps to sell the game - why not?
I'd like to see more rally footage, though. F2 class, Group B or anything else.

Also, I'd like to ask again: when can we expect soundtrack list reveal?

PS: 5:36 in SlapTrain's video you can hear Queens of Stone Age - No One Knows

Nice to see that the Space Star (Mirage) has the R5 style wing on the back. It's a bit hard to see but it's there

Quick, non gossip related question: since coming back to Dirt Rally I've grown very frustrated with how my G25 us working. It's jerky and jittery and has frequent random inputs to the opposite side. If you look at the interior view, the steering wheel goes from an x degree angle to the middle suddenly, and then back to the angle it was at before. It's causing me sudden under and oversteer, and pretty much making the game unplayable. Any help?