F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

FloatingGrass said:
My shifter has already begun getting fifth and sixth confused with third and fourth, but that's not my issue right now. In Dirt Rally (and only Dirt Rally) my steering inputs are laggy. I'll turn the wheel to the left, it'll stutter at, say, 23%, and it'll​ jump to 60% suddenly. I don't know what's causing it and I've tried everything. I'll try checking the plugs, but it's only happening in Dirt Rally and in no other racing games.

AMD CPU by any chance? (sorry, had to ask xD )

Given that it's only happening in DiRT Rally, try taking you steering wheel to another PC that can run DR (friends house for example) and see if the issue persists. Would be best if they had similar hardware to yours (aka same brand of stuff). Different manufacturer, different issues after all. If they have different hardware but issue persists... probably game issue. If the same hardware but no issue... sea turtles, mate.

Of course the traditional re-install drivers/game/OS should be done whenever possible. When un-installing graphical drivers, use DDU (google it). I had a similar situation with my crappy old steering wheel, but in that case it would randomly turn left for a split second, regardless of what I was doing. Went for scrap as probably firmware went haywire and it being crap, drivers were hard to get itself, let alone ability to re-install firmware xD

i would totally clean any logitech drivers and hidden files.so zero logitech is left then reinstall.

also do not launch through geforce experience which can play up with wheels.

FloatingGrass said:
My shifter has already begun getting fifth and sixth confused with third and fourth, but that's not my issue right now. In Dirt Rally (and only Dirt Rally) my steering inputs are laggy. I'll turn the wheel to the left, it'll stutter at, say, 23%, and it'll​ jump to 60% suddenly. I don't know what's causing it and I've tried everything. I'll try checking the plugs, but it's only happening in Dirt Rally and in no other racing games.

AMD CPU by any chance? (sorry, had to ask xD )

Given that it's only happening in DiRT Rally, try taking you steering wheel to another PC that can run DR (friends house for example) and see if the issue persists. Would be best if they had similar hardware to yours (aka same brand of stuff). Different manufacturer, different issues after all. If they have different hardware but issue persists... probably game issue. If the same hardware but no issue... sea turtles, mate.

Of course the traditional re-install drivers/game/OS should be done whenever possible. When un-installing graphical drivers, use DDU (google it). I had a similar situation with my crappy old steering wheel, but in that case it would randomly turn left for a split second, regardless of what I was doing. Went for scrap as probably firmware went haywire and it being crap, drivers were hard to get itself, let alone ability to re-install firmware xD

When I had an AMD GPU I had no issues. I switched to Nvidia now and the issues have started. Hopefully it's just a coincidence!

I'll try to reinstall the drivers, even though it works perfectly with everything else, and I'll check if it's not launching GeForce experience on its own.

kop9000 said:

Areyouben said:

KickUp is the designer on the game and works part time as ultimate boss on the forum as he answers pretty much all questions you shoot at the man.

As far as the mixed surfaces goes, that has been asked a few times and by now the developers know we want it, but it's not going to be in DiRT 4.

well thank you. Then I have one more question

Will there be bridges and railroad crossings?

There were cattle grids in Australia!

Can't recall if anyone posted this here, but even if someone did... it's something worth rewatching :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2XNhJCS0U

Just thought of another minor question to bother @KickUp with: have the car models for the returning rallycross Supercars been tweaked at all, or are they identical in appearance (apart from liveries) to DiRT Rally? 

@FloatingGrass  try uninstalling geforce experiance, i was having alot of issues with that, got rid of it and they vanished, as for the gear change issues that will be a wire to one of the potentiometers if you replace that it will work again, you will probably have to remove the glue holding the wires there though as thats probably where its broken

Wot he said. I use GEForce Experience to check settings, then uninstall it.

Also I do not update the drivers: there have been some questionable ones recemtly

i agree with that, i use nividia surround to go triple screen, but sometimes i like to play couch games on the tv, with the current driver i can ctrl alt s and it goes to my tv but thew new driver they removed the hotkeys for some reason

Areyouben said:

kop9000 said:

I mean bridges and railway crossings in "your stage"

All stages that are in the game from the start are created with Your Stage as well.

I do not understand. You want to say that even without the function

"your stage" the tracks will be generated? Why do you need the function

"your stage" if the route is generated?

human1101 said:

@FloatingGrass  try uninstalling geforce experiance, i was having alot of issues with that, got rid of it and they vanished, as for the gear change issues that will be a wire to one of the potentiometers if you replace that it will work again, you will probably have to remove the glue holding the wires there though as thats probably where its broken

Nope, didn't work. Losing hope :(

maybe its the same issue i had with slre, that woul only recognise the wheel not the pedals and would constantly turn right, no solution i came accross worked, yet all other games are fine.

virus scan?

human1101 said:

@KickUp you mentioned something about a beta a while back, is there anything futher about that?

No. We've been too busy trying to get the whole thing ready for submissions. If it happens you guys will be the first to know. 

dwkGravey said:

Your Stage is the name of the track generator. 

And there are tracks that were created manually without using a generator? Or will there always be generated tracks in all game modes that are in the game?

kop9000 said:

dwkGravey said:

Your Stage is the name of the track generator. 

And there are tracks that were created manually without using a generator? Or will there always be generated tracks in all game modes that are in the game?

Only Rally will use generated tracks. 

tbtstt said:

Just thought of another minor question to bother @KickUp with: have the car models for the returning rallycross Supercars been tweaked at all, or are they identical in appearance (apart from liveries) to DiRT Rally? 

Some have some havent. We haven't been able to do a lot of the changes that you guys will have wanted :(

for Dirt 4 will the anticheat be improved ? @KickUp

in DiRT Rally some old cheats were up and never were stopped.with the new game hopefully this is combatted better.i checked some of the dirt rally cheats and they were over a year old and still being used.with this being a big game this is going to tempt some and would love to have it on lockdown.

@KickUp will we be able to place the sponsor decals wherever we want or are there designated places for them, like in Grid 2? (iirc)
Also can we resize them?

human1101 said:

Nope, didn't work. Losing hope :(

Try disabling VSync, it may works

Any chances for implementing an actual third party anticheat system like Battle Eye? Considering that you've put some attention to competetive/ranked side of rallying it may be needed. 

@KickUp will we be able to place the sponsor decals wherever we want or are there designated places for them, like in Grid 2? (iirc)
Also can we resize them?

Designated places. No resizing. Sorry

dgeesi0 said:

for Dirt 4 will the anticheat be improved ? @KickUp

in DiRT Rally some old cheats were up and never were stopped.with the new game hopefully this is combatted better.i checked some of the dirt rally cheats and they were over a year old and still being used.with this being a big game this is going to tempt some and would love to have it on lockdown.

They are our own leaderboards now. We aren't using Sony or Microsoft leaderboards so we'll be able to police them ourselves.