DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

The replays show a significante improvement! Happy to see this!

@KickUp During the replay video from SlapTrain I saw the buttons of the replaymenu. The down/up on d-pad lets you switch between the cars?

FPS in replay looked allover the place. Still alpha though obviously.

bogani said:

FPS in replay looked allover the place. Still alpha though obviously.

True and there was some clipping as well but as you say it is still alpha and hopefully it will all be ironed out. The replay angles look nice though!

those carts look great fun.never really thought about them much but i can see them being a big hit especially in mp.will be manic :)

1SyFy1 said:

Hello.
maybe someone can answer. Generating a stage with Your Stage you can choose a weather conditions for that stage. Will weather be fixed to that stage or can you change it later?
Thanks

Its been confirmed somewhere in this thread that the weather can be changed afterwards.

dgeesi0 said:

those carts look great fun.never really thought about them much but i can see them being a big hit especially in mp.will be manic :)

They'r gonna be blast! Btw, on some tracks these can be as fast as supercars. 

Anyone know if there will be mouse support for the replays Dirt 4? Holding the wheel to right the whole time is not much fun.

you can use the keys to do that you know Rygar . you dont have to use the wheel.

Hmm. RX cars movement looks to me very artificial. I'm not sure it's because of steering method, aids enabled or something else. Sometimes the car swings on tires, rapidly changing direction, because tires don't loose enough grip. Check out VW at 6:58.
Another thing is damage. Contact causes no damage but scratches. Again I assume it might be a consequence of particular session settings.

dgeesi0 said:

you can use the keys to do that you know Rygar . you dont have to use the wheel.

Thanks @dgeesi0, ill give it a try.

It looks like this slap train guy has a lot of footage from that event. Hopefully he uploads a replay of an actual rally stage. 

And doesn't talk much through it. 
(He reminds me of that douchy waiter from Office Space)
https://youtu.be/md_dg8B8tmk

It looks like this slap train guy has a lot of footage from that event. Hopefully he uploads a replay of an actual rally stage. 

And doesn't talk much through it. 
(He reminds me of that douchy waiter from Office Space)
https://youtu.be/md_dg8B8tmk

Actually aside from his obnoxious music intro and his voice he seems like a nice guy....but yeah, he would look even nicer by posting some DiRT 4 rally videos XD

MaXyMsrpl said:

Hmm. RX cars movement looks to me very artificial. I'm not sure it's because of steering method, aids enabled or something else. Sometimes the car swings on tires, rapidly changing direction, because tires don't loose enough grip. Check out VW at 6:58.
Another thing is damage. Contact causes no damage but scratches. Again I assume it might be a consequence of particular session settings.

I actually agree to some extent here. To me the wheel movements looks very rapid, almost like he is using a controller even though he's on a wheel. The low FPS doesn't help either.

He said in the previous video he didnt get much rally footage amd was mostly focused on RX and Dirt Fish.

I'm enjoying all the bits of news and gameplay leading up to release!  Super excited to play the game.

I'm fully aware of this being alpha WIP, gameplay shown was an older build, engine technical limitations, etc etc., but I have some comments about some aspects of the replay footage. 

The artificially clumsy camera movement that I guess is trying to mimic an amateur's recording efforts bothered me.  Its effect gets nullified by how the camera's focal point is tethered to the same location on the car every time.  Sure, it bounces around, but it always returns to the same plane on the car.  The too-close close-ups followed by the car moving past the camera position makes this painfully obvious.

Watching the tires slide or dig, the flash of huge exhaust pops, or even the driver sawing at the wheel is what would catch my attention while filming an event--not some imaginary point at the base of the windshield. 

'I am the 7.7 per cent' is hands down the best!

I think we actually changed the percentage depending on the platform.  :p

KickUp said:

Who's responsible for naming "The nightman cometh"? Give this person a raise.

https://youtu.be/iJNtVNe286E

bogani said:

KickUp said:

Who's responsible for naming "The nightman cometh"? Give this person a raise.

https://youtu.be/iJNtVNe286E

That will be @Hatward

KickUp said:

Funnily, despite the fact that I only use cockpit camera, I only got the achievement recently when I got my wheel, as I used to change occasionally on a controller to the outside to assess and damage or check for punctures, so it never counted as the achievement when I won!

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

er185 said:

There must be some mistake, where's the achievment for destroying the car?  :D

Licensing said no  :s

That was exactly my thought.

[searching for a gif showing my emotions....]

p.s. the question is targeted to the manufacturers/promotors, not to you @KickUp  ;)