DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I have a question regarding the car customization:

I've been having a spring affair with the Lancia Fulvia in Monte Carlo recently (lovely car when set up nicely) and noticed the Fulvias all have differing headlight schemes.
Some have the French yellow lenses, others are a mix of clear/yellow and others again have just clear. Fog Lamp covers vary too.
Is this something we can customize in DiRT 4 at all?

I have a question regarding the car customization:

I've been having a spring affair with the Lancia Fulvia in Monte Carlo recently (lovely car when set up nicely) and noticed the Fulvias all have differing headlight schemes.
Some have the French yellow lenses, others are a mix of clear/yellow and others again have just clear. Fog Lamp covers vary too.
Is this something we can customize in DiRT 4 at all?

Sadly not, as i remember there is not any kind of customization (visual, bumper headlights.. etc)
because its of licence matter.
edit here is link at number 2

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/247448#Comment_247448

Question answered! Thanks dani.

There are so many nice details in DiRT Rally, I'm sure D4 is going to have some new neat stuff.

@KickUp Can you tell me if the 208 R2 is going to make it in? It would so nicely complete the R2 class and since you already had licensed other 208 versions I had a small hope you could give me a nod....

Man I need to stop bothering you  o:)

Ok, I'm at the point where I don't want to ask any more questions, read any more questions or see any more replies, how-to's or YouTuber teaser videos, I just want a copy of the game, to play for myself... Now!!

I'm impatient like that...  

:# 

P308R said:

@KickUp Can you tell me if the 208 R2 is going to make it in? It would so nicely complete the R2 class and since you already had licensed other 208 versions I had a small hope you could give me a nod....

No 208 R2 sorry. Sadly it's more than just the licensing cost. 

I normally hide during the pre release hype for a game as they often fail to live up to it. Which would have made being the mod on here really difficult if I hadn't been lucky enough to get to try it out before the hype began.

The downside to that is that I've been in the impatient, release it already mode since November.

:D

I want this game. I want to live in it day and night. I want to stand by the curb and look at the beautiful landscape. I want in the game to go on foot on the road and look at all four sides. I want to fall from the big hill that was generated by the function "your stage". I want to fall again and again from the very hill that was generated by the function "your stage". I want to play this game forever.

Add me to the can't f***ing wait group. I'm still really hoping for a vr patch sooner rather than later but honestly your stage looks absolutely amazing. I especially like the fact that it seems like adding locations as dlc wouldn't be to hard. Codemasters looks to have something truly revolutionary on their hands.

KickUp said:

P308R said:

Thanks for answering @KickUp 

Good I didn't read that answer before I went to sleep  :p I know you probably can't go into detail but I am very curious how it works in general. You already said it was a pain in that "dark place". I assume manufacturers also have a certain list of demands when trying to license? If Ford for example says: Codies you can have the Fiesta for €x,- but we want you to add the new Mondeo as well. Or maybe there is a demand for ingame advertising by manufacturers?

Simplyfied but does it work à bit like that or am I completely off? 

Would it be an Idea, don't Even know if it is allowed, to writer a small piece in the next blog about licensing ? Really interested in this kind of stuff!

versedi said:

1. Am I correct - if we save a stage, there's no chance to compare times to friends on that particular stage without inviting them to some kind of custom, multiplayer event where we'd all participate?

2. Just curious, probably too technical so won't be answered. What's the size of data for one stage generated from Your Stage?

1. At this moment yes. 
2. It's very small but I don't know the precise size. 

This doesn't solve the issue at all. If the steering input would go instantly like that when not using the dampening effect found on keyboard, your run would probably be screwed hard, since I can't imagine physics would behave kindly when front wheels suddenly instantly changed their position (which naturally defies laws of physics).

Imagine if Dirt 4's physics engine became so advanced:
Front wheels go to full lock in 0s. Car's chassis spins at 100 000 rpm due to massive amounts of momentum.
Steering gets 100% damage. Every other component gets 100% damage.
DNF

ark13700 said:

This doesn't solve the issue at all. If the steering input would go instantly like that when not using the dampening effect found on keyboard, your run would probably be screwed hard, since I can't imagine physics would behave kindly when front wheels suddenly instantly changed their position (which naturally defies laws of physics).

Imagine if Dirt 4's physics engine became so advanced:
Front wheels go to full lock in 0s. Car's chassis spins at 100 000 rpm due to massive amounts of momentum.
Steering gets 100% damage. Every other component gets 100% damage.
DNF

Still messing with Assetto Corsa. I can't wait for DiRT 4.

You're pretty much screwed in AC if you don't set the tire pressure & camber correctly. I made a little video & guide about it on steam. I hope it help to pass the time while waiting.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912315488

KickUp said:

We are locking to 30fps in replays.  

dgeesi0 said:

for consoles only or for pc aswell ? @KickUp 
I'm curious about this as well. Will PC version have 30 fps lock in replays too or not? @KickUp

MrDeap said:

Still messing with Assetto Corsa. I can't wait for DiRT 4.

You're pretty much screwed in AC if you don't set the tire pressure & camber correctly. I made a little video & guide about it on steam. I hope it help to pass the time while waiting.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=912315488

I've been playing a lot of AC lately as well but I'm one of those plebs that doesn't bother with the setup too much, mainly because I don't understand it. I don't do too bad in races considering but I imagine I could be a lot faster if I did. Will check your guide out!

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

I'm curious about this as well. Will PC version have 30 fps lock in replays too or not? @KickUp

No we won't lock on PC  :)                    

KickUp said:

P308R said:

@KickUp May i ask, There is speculation that 2 more Cars are awaiting for licence reason? I dont wanna make any trouble but can You answer just (yes or No) is one of them in Class Up to2000ccm (to match lonley  Ford Focus RS Rally2007 )?

@KickUp If you could pick one thing that you wanted to include in D4 but haven't had the time/budget/licencing, what would it be? 

More. That's one thing right?

urgaffel said:

@KickUp If you could pick one thing that you wanted to include in D4 but haven't had the time/budget/licencing, what would it be? 

More. That's one thing right?

More time, and bigger budget? :D that's two actually.

Edit: 1000 Comments badge for this one, yaaay!

KickUp said:

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

No we won't lock on PC  :)