DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

urgaffel said:
(and how many cars there are on the track...)

Hold on a moment. This is new. Will there be multiple cars on the stages? Or are you referring to rallycross/landrush?

P308R said:

@KickUp is it possible to use whatever car on whatever track? Can one take a buggy on a rallystage?

I want that too!!! Trophy truck on a stage :p and a Fiesta R2 on a landrush truck

urgaffel said:

Hold on a moment. This is new. Will there ve multiple cars on the stages? Or are you referring to rallycross/landrush?

Very interested in that answering also! 

P308R said:

urgaffel said:

Hold on a moment. This is new. Will there ve multiple cars on the stages? Or are you referring to rallycross/landrush?

Very interested in that answering also! 

If that means how many people are into an event, and how many are in front of me, then I'm......I can't sleep tonight. 

I figured this means RX or not, but would be interesting if your running order might affect dust levels ahead in stage rally.

We have already seen stranded cars by the roadside in rally, so will it be like D3 where you watch a car leave before you line up at the start?

urgaffel said:

bogani said:

Will the dust hang longer in the air on the higher settings? It seems to disappear quite fast in the trailer. @urgaffel

Depends on the country you're in (and how many cars there are on the track...)

@urgaffel   The smoke/dust looks greatly improved.  Since Youtube kill stuff with compression, I cannot tell for sure, but it looks like there are new particle effects for gravel and dirt thrown from tires too?

We have already seen stranded cars by the roadside in rally, so will it be like D3 where you watch a car leave before you line up at the start?

No, we only have a retired opponent on Rally Stages. 
The multicar racing occurs on Rallycross and Landrush. 

I think it was asked a while back, no there are no cars in front of you in stage rally.  You will only see cars in front of you in the leaderboards.  

OOPS got to it before me... 

I must admit one of the funnest things to do in D3 was to set the AI difficulty to very easy and overtake the field, horn blasting!

gfRally said:

urgaffel said:

bogani said:

Will the dust hang longer in the air on the higher settings? It seems to disappear quite fast in the trailer. @urgaffel

@urgaffel   The smoke/dust looks greatly improved.  Since Youtube kill stuff with compression, I cannot tell for sure, but it looks like there are new particle effects for gravel and dirt thrown from tires too?

Sorry, yes I was thinking of the land rush and Rally cross when I said multiple cars.

particle effects have been updated so yes, they should look different ;)

KickUp said:

versedi said:

KickUp said:

@KickUp Will we be able to do gravel setup or tarmac setup in Joyride?

Yes, I believe so

You've earlier mentioned that tyres are not replacable with different type of road. 
What type of tyres - tarmac/gravel/snow will be tied to DiRT Fish?

Tarmac and Gravel I believe 

I double checked this this morning and it is Gravel only in DirtFish. 

urgaffel said:

gfRally said:

urgaffel said:

bogani said:

Will the dust hang longer in the air on the higher settings? It seems to disappear quite fast in the trailer. urgaffel

urgaffel   The smoke/dust looks greatly improved.  Since Youtube kill stuff with compression, I cannot tell for sure, but it looks like there are new particle effects for gravel and dirt thrown from tires too?

Sorry, yes I was thinking of the land rush and Rally cross when I said multiple cars.

Loooong dust trails after a car looks awesome ;)

bogani said:

urgaffel said:

gfRally said:

urgaffel said:

bogani said:

Will the dust hang longer in the air on the higher settings? It seems to disappear quite fast in the trailer. urgaffel

urgaffel   The smoke/dust looks greatly improved.  Since Youtube kill stuff with compression, I cannot tell for sure, but it looks like there are new particle effects for gravel and dirt thrown from tires too?

Australia is rather dusty ;)

bogani said:

urgaffel said:

gfRally said:

urgaffel said:

bogani said:

I had a wow moment on PSVR recently, doing the weekly in Greece at night and the headlights caught my dust trail on a switchback. Awesome

@KickUp
Can we create single League Events that consist of stages from different locations like you can in DiRT Rally?
Like 2 stages spain, Service Park and then 3 stages Wales?
Additionally, are setups bound to the location, so will the car setup still reset if you change location without a Service Park in between?
And Last: Do you get different rankings and points for different classes if you run multiclass league events or are they all counted towards the overall league standing?

I really enjoyed the Trailer by the way, lots of awesome stuff to see :)

SkyRex said:

@KickUp
Can we create single League Events that consist of stages from different locations like you can in DiRT Rally?
Like 2 stages spain, Service Park and then 3 stages Wales?
Additionally, are setups bound to the location, so will the car setup still reset if you change location without a Service Park in between?
And Last: Do you get different rankings and points for different classes if you run multiclass league events or are they all counted towards the overall league standing?

I really enjoyed the Trailer by the way, lots of awesome stuff to see :)

I don't know the precise details about how Clubs (leagues) are going to be set up as we haven't finished them yet. In fact it is highly likely that they will come post launch.

The car setups are bound to surface type - e.g. Gravel or Tarmac so they should carry across from one location to the next provided it is the same surface type.

Points scoring is much more determined by the league creator but @Hatward is the best person to ask about that.

Voidhawk said:

Would love more information on how the Pro Tour Ladder System works please Kick Up :)

@hatward is the man to give all the details on the Ladder System. I'd only say something and then he'd have to correct me :D

P308R said:

@KickUp is it possible to use whatever car on whatever track? Can one take a buggy on a rallystage?

Sadly 99% not
 http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/243973#Comment_243973

The valley from Sweden in the trailer gave me an idea that could solve part of the problem with the licence for real rally roads: in a future (and VERY interesting DLC) we could have Montecarlo as a Your Stage area with plain parts interrupted by small hills, a bit like Day-2 of Monte 2017 if I remember correctly. Then some other stages would be down in a valley, which would obviously be more restricted in terms of generation. Of course this would be possible only if the licencing issues are related to real roads (e.g. Col de Turini) and not the location itself, but I really hope it can be done

I'll trade a kidney to get cross karts on the rally stages. 

Why people are so eager to have all cars on all tracks? I can't see how it can be a pleasure drive such beast on a special stage. 

versedi said:

I'll trade a kidney to get cross karts on the rally stages. 

Why people are so eager to have all cars on all tracks? I can't see how it can be a pleasure drive such beast on a special stage. 

I'm not super excited about cross karts, but taking a buggy or the trophy truck somewhere that isn't under a mile long would be cool.
Trying out some RX cars on longer stages'd be neat too.

i have said before how i would like to do rally stages in a cross cart, and back in dirt 3one of  my favourite things to do was take the stadium truck on rally stages with acat mod and try to make it without popping my tires, i also dont see why it would be that big of a deal to implement seeing as you can use them in dirtfish