DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

human1101 said:

i have said before how i would like to do rally stages in a cross cart, and back in dirt 3one of  my favourite things to do was take the stadium truck on rally stages with acat mod and try to make it without popping my tires, i also dont see why it would be that big of a deal to implement seeing as you can use them in dirtfish

well the problem again is with the licensing. For example it could be that they only licenced the rallycross cars to only do rallycross. Which means they can not put rallycross cars on a landrush stage without breaking the licence agreement. The same can be said for all the other cars in the game. Now I don't know if this is a valid reason but I'm fairly certain this was the reason ACAT was not possible in DiRT Rally

im not talking about rallycross cars on non rallycross tracks or rallycars on non rally stages, im specifically  talking about crosscarts and pro 2/ pro 4 trucks on rally stages, id like to imagine the license for them would be less stringent

afterall i did note that the pro truck was featured being crashed in the gameplay trailer while no others were

more options the merrier.  B)                                                                                                                                           

KickUp said:

SkyRex said:

@KickUp
Can we create single League Events that consist of stages from different locations like you can in DiRT Rally?
Like 2 stages spain, Service Park and then 3 stages Wales?
Additionally, are setups bound to the location, so will the car setup still reset if you change location without a Service Park in between?
And Last: Do you get different rankings and points for different classes if you run multiclass league events or are they all counted towards the overall league standing?

I really enjoyed the Trailer by the way, lots of awesome stuff to see :)

I don't know the precise details about how Clubs (leagues) are going to be set up as we haven't finished them yet. In fact it is highly likely that they will come post launch.

The car setups are bound to surface type - e.g. Gravel or Tarmac so they should carry across from one location to the next provided it is the same surface type.

Points scoring is much more determined by the league creator but @Hatward is the best person to ask about that.

Leagues being post launch is a little disappointing as one of the main aspects I'm looking forward to.... especially with your stage.

I hope the delay won't be too long. I guess MP will initially be PVP then.

Pffft, crosskarts would be absolutely AWESOME on rally stages! It has already been proven here in Finland... ;)

https://youtu.be/wPXENKf84V8

human1101 said:

@kickup, is it something that is acheivable?

Its achievable but it will probably have to wait for the next game.

Voidhawk said:

KickUp said:

SkyRex said:

@KickUp
Can we create single League Events that consist of stages from different locations like you can in DiRT Rally?
Like 2 stages spain, Service Park and then 3 stages Wales?
Additionally, are setups bound to the location, so will the car setup still reset if you change location without a Service Park in between?
And Last: Do you get different rankings and points for different classes if you run multiclass league events or are they all counted towards the overall league standing?

I really enjoyed the Trailer by the way, lots of awesome stuff to see :)

I don't know the precise details about how Clubs (leagues) are going to be set up as we haven't finished them yet. In fact it is highly likely that they will come post launch.

The car setups are bound to surface type - e.g. Gravel or Tarmac so they should carry across from one location to the next provided it is the same surface type.

Points scoring is much more determined by the league creator but @Hatward is the best person to ask about that.

Leagues being post launch is a little disappointing as one of the main aspects I'm looking forward to.... especially with your stage.

I hope the delay won't be too long. I guess MP will initially be PVP then.

Yeah, I'm sorry for the bad news. Clubs are more of a challenge to get right now that we have Your Stage. Once we get the game out we'll be able to give it the focus it deserves.

Just sitting here watching @Rallydriven and his bro on the tv  B)

e: Delete it. nvm.                                                

Thanks again for being honest about what's not making it into the game at launch! A lot of devs wouldn't dare tell people something like that.

will those carts be on all tracks ?                                     

No.                                                                   

@urgaffel can you tell us how much was done improving  crowds (animations, sounds, ambience etc) and such? 

@kickup I'm curious with something about leagues. So since it sounds like there is going to be a limit of saved your stages of around 30 will the person creating the league need every stage saved? Or can you save stages to the league itself? The reason I ask is because it seems like with a bigger league you would basically be using up all of your saves for those stages alone.

I'm not sure I worded that well but I hope it makes sense what I'm asking.

I wasn't talking about all cars on all stages, thank you very much.  Just cross karts.  There are already videos in this thread that show those little monsters on stages.  That's what I am requesting.

I wasn't talking about all cars on all stages, thank you very much.  Just cross karts.  There are already videos in this thread that show those little monsters on stages.  That's what I am requesting.

that was the same thing i was asking about, and @kickup said probably not in this game which is a real shame because it would have been fan-dibby-dosie-tastic

Scyy said:

@kickup I'm curious with something about leagues. So since it sounds like there is going to be a limit of saved your stages of around 30 will the person creating the league need every stage saved? Or can you save stages to the league itself? The reason I ask is because it seems like with a bigger league you would basically be using up all of your saves for those stages alone.

That doesnt sound right, why would we be limited to such a low number of saved stages with a sytem that can produce so many? @KickUp can you give us an idea of what the number of saved stages will be please? I really really hope its not so low, in fact I dont know why it has to be limited at all, especially not on PC, where people are not going to have hard drive limitations like on a console and the file sizes of the stages are so tiny.

Rygar86 said:

Scyy said:

That doesnt sound right, why would we be limited to such a low number of saved stages with a sytem that can produce so many? @KickUp can you give us an idea of what the number of saved stages will be please? I really really hope its not so low, in fact I dont know why it has to be limited at all, especially not on PC, where people are not going to have hard drive limitations like on a console and the file sizes of the stages are so tiny.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/256830#Comment_256830
"30ish at the moment."

KevM said:

Just sitting here watching @Rallydriven and his bro on the tv  B)

Haha that's cool! Guess it was the Somerset? That would be me and my dad! I haven't seen it myself yet 

Rygar86 said:

Scyy said:

"30ish at the moment."

Thanks @dani211212

@Hatward Why is there such a small limit of saved stages on a system that can produce millions? That is only 6 stages per location! Can this be changed to unlimited please? Or at least can you please make the number its limited to a lot higher?

Rygar86 said:

Rygar86 said:

Scyy said:

"30ish at the moment."

Thanks @dani211212

@Hatward Why is there such a small limit of saved stages on a system that can produce millions? That is only 6 stages per location! Can this be changed to unlimited please? Or at least can you please make the limited number a lot higher?

We might be able to increase the limit later. I don't know the exact reasons for the limit at the moment but it is another one of those things that sounds simple when it is not. 

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

Rygar86 said:

Scyy said:

"30ish at the moment."

Thanks @dani211212

@Hatward Why is there such a small limit of saved stages on a system that can produce millions? That is only 6 stages per location! Can this be changed to unlimited please? Or at least can you please make the limited number a lot higher?

We might be able to increase the limit later. I don't know the exact reasons for the limit at the moment but it is another one of those things that sounds simple when it is not. 

Okay, thanks @KickUp. I appreciate the reply  :)  I really hope this can be sorted out at some point.