DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×
How to contact Customer Service Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Rygar86 said:

Rygar86 said:

Scyy said:
@kickup I'm curious with something about leagues. So since it sounds like there is going to be a limit of saved your stages of around 30 will the person creating the league need every stage saved? Or can you save stages to the league itself? The reason I ask is because it seems like with a bigger league you would basically be using up all of your saves for those stages alone.

I'm not sure I worded that well but I hope it makes sense what I'm asking.

That doesnt sound right, why would we be limited to such a low number of saved stages with a sytem that can produce so many? @KickUp can you give us an idea of what the number of saved stages will be please? I really really hope its not so low, in fact I dont know why it has to be limited at all, especially not on PC, where people are not going to have hard drive limitations like on a console and the file sizes of the stages are so tiny.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/comment/256830#Comment_256830
"30ish at the moment."

Thanks @dani211212

@Hatward Why is there such a small limit of saved stages on a system that can produce millions? That is only 6 stages per location! Can this be changed to unlimited please? Or at least can you please make the number its limited to a lot higher?

It would probably get more tricky to find the stage you're looking for the more stages there are, but I do agree that 30 doesn't seem enough. I think somwhere around 100-200 would be enough for most people and space shouldn't be an issue as with generated stages you're not storing the stages themselves but just instructions on how to assamble them. 

This thread is getting borderline painful to read....

Rygar86 said:

Scyy said:

@kickup I'm curious with something about leagues. So since it sounds like there is going to be a limit of saved your stages of around 30 will the person creating the league need every stage saved? Or can you save stages to the league itself? The reason I ask is because it seems like with a bigger league you would basically be using up all of your saves for those stages alone.

I'm not sure I worded that well but I hope it makes sense what I'm asking.

That doesnt sound right, why would we be limited to such a low number of saved stages with a sytem that can produce so many? @KickUp can you give us an idea of what the number of saved stages will be please? I really really hope its not so low, in fact I dont know why it has to be limited at all, especially not on PC, where people are not going to have hard drive limitations like on a console and the file sizes of the stages are so tiny.

The problem with saved stages being in leagues is that the person who created the league would have an unfair advantage as they could practice a lot on the saved stages!

Perhaps with leagues it is better if the system generated the same stage for everyone in a manner that it was a one off try for everyone.

This also poses a problem in pvp.  If you can use saved stages then everyone else who joined again has unfair disadvantage against the person who has learned the saved stages on their system.

KevM said:

This thread is getting borderline painful to read....

Yes sorry on my mobile I could not toggle HTML view and couldn't delete all the inappropriate quotes.  At 51 I am not as computer savvy as some lol.  I've figured it out now ;)

No, I mean the "will it can it should it" brigade!! lol

Poor Paul....

dgeesi0 said:

can we please have it so the carts can race in all circuits.thanks

Wasn't that the plan from the start, that those egg-things would be both in rallycross and landrush?

IMHO the 30 stages is a good amount.
Hopefully league creators won't be able to use them - only use new generated ones and these from carreer. If not the leagues will not be fair, and creators will hotlap these 30 stages. 

versedi said:

Hopefully league creators won't be able to use them - only use new generated ones and these from carreer. If not the leagues will not be fair, and creators will hotlap these 30 stages. 

That is what I was thinking of too.

versedi said:

Exactly my concern. This goes for PVP multiplayer lobbies too. It has been stated that you can create Your Stages in the lobby and also use "saved" your stages. How will players know if the lobby host is simply using stages he/she created that they have practised. Hopefully there is a setting that disallows saved stages so that it is a fair field for all concerned.

Voidhawk said:

versedi said:

Exactly my concern. This goes for PVP multiplayer lobbies too. It has been stated that you can create Your Stages in the lobby and also use "saved" your stages. How will players know if the lobby host is simply using stages he/she created that they have practised. Hopefully there is a setting that disallows saved stages so that it is a fair field for all concerned.

Exactly, or at least some information indicating next to stage name - this stage is from player's collection. 

versedi said:

Youre refering to 2 different things. When I wrote my post I was only thinking of how many stages a person can save for themselves, not for useing in a league. But I get where youre coming from with the leauge/championship creator having an advantage if they use saved stages. The solution would be (for people that want it) is to have a way of preventing saved stages being used for certain leagues and allow it for others who arent worried. But having a very low amount of save slots doesnt create a solution to the problem you brought up.

My pont of view is this: 30 saved stages is not even 1 full championship of 12 stages x 5 locations (60 stages) and thats not considering the fact that real WRC Rally Championships have around 20 stages per location which for the 5 locations we have would be around 100 stages. For an amazing system that can create millions of routes, not being able to create and save one full championship (video game world) or one full chamionship (real world) just seems very flawed and would be a real shame.  :/

Obviously people as smart as Codemasters are aware of this and @kickup has responded indicating that he understands the point. I just really hope they are able to fix this limitation at some point, idealy before launch but even if it comes later I will be very happy.

Rygar86 said:

versedi said:

Youre refering to 2 different things. When I wrote my post I was only thinking of how many stages a person can save for themselves, not for useing in a league. But I get where youre coming from with the leauge/championship creator having an advantage if they use saved stages. The solution would be (for people that want it) is to have a way of preventing saved stages being used for certain leagues and allow it for others who arent worried. But having a very low amount of save slots doesnt create a solution to the problem you brought up.

My pont of view is this: 30 saved stages is not even 1 full championship of 12 stages x 5 locations (60 stages) and thats not considering the fact that real WRC Rally Championships have around 20 stages per location which for the 5 locations we have would be around 100 stages. For an amazing system that can create millions of routes, not being able to create and save one full championship (video game world) or one full chamionship (real world) just seems very flawed and would be a real shame.  :/

Obviously people as smart as Codemasters are aware of this and @kickup has responded indicating that he understands the point. I just really hope they are able to fix this limitation at some point, idealy before launch but even if it comes later I will be very happy.

Saving stages is optional. I would imagine that you can create a full championship on the fly. It will generate the stages when needed. It doesn't have to use your saved ones.

Q: Could a chosen generated stage be run in reverse when setting up a championship?  

Hope I didn't open a can of worms.

Voidhawk said:

Rygar86 said:

versedi said:

Saving stages is optional. I would imagine that you can create a full championship on the fly. It will generate the stages when needed. It doesn't have to use your saved ones.

This is correct

gfRally said:

Q: Could a chosen generated stage be run in reverse when setting up a championship?  

Hope I didn't open a can of worms.

Yes it can. 

@KickUp I think my question got buried in the sea of quote boxes, maybe you missed it. 
On US consoles, will we have access to French/Polish/Russian etc voiced co-drivers? ie can we switch languages.

@urgaffel can you tell us how much was done improving  crowds (animations, sounds, ambience etc) and such? 

Not really, I don't work on that area of the game. I can tell you that the crowd and marshalls look a lot better this time around though. 

Is it possible to set same generated stage to be run twice like in RL leg system? 

urgaffel said:

@urgaffel can you tell us how much was done improving  crowds (animations, sounds, ambience etc) and such? 

Not really, I don't work on that area of the game. I can tell you that the crowd and marshalls look a lot better this time around though. 

Yeah they are massively improved as far as I've seen in the videos.

@KickUp I think my question got buried in the sea of quote boxes, maybe you missed it. 
On US consoles, will we have access to French/Polish/Russian etc voiced co-drivers? ie can we switch languages.

Yes