DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I'm hoping to create enough Tarmac stages to create an offline all tarmac custom championship, is this possible? Guess the only thing is locations will all look quite samey 

RipperGP said:

I'm hoping to create enough Tarmac stages to create an offline all tarmac custom championship, is this possible? Guess the only thing is locations will all look quite samey 

You could just frame it as a spanish tarmac championship. People would be more accepting with that. You could also play around with the wather to get different atmospheres. :smile:

@KickUp could we have the carts on all tracks please.                                             

dgeesi0 said:

@KickUp could we have the carts on all tracks please.                                             

They are on Rallycross and Landrush only 

Not sure I'm gonna survive the Dirt 4 premiere.

It's game 7 in the final of the Swedish Hockey League. It just't went to sudden death  :s

I'm hyyyyyypppeed as hell now.

Leg system in PVPs and Leagues with generated stages <3

So i think my question may have been missed. @kickup can you save stages that you liked to a league so you can reuse them in the league without using up your own saved slots?

Ok, I just tried to look at an old post I made, but we are now approaching 1000 pages here.  @kickup with Saving and Uploading stages, are we going to be able to name them?  Will they show up in the game what we name them (i.e. more than just a filename?).  

gfRally said:

Ok, I just tried to look at an old post I made, but we are now approaching 1000 pages here.  @kickup with Saving and Uploading stages, are we going to be able to name them?  Will they show up in the game what we name them (i.e. more than just a filename?).  

You can name them but that name will only be visible to you on your system, but when uploaded everyone will see an auto generated stage name. Codemasters are forced to do this because the platforms, Playstation, Xbox and Steam all enforce it as a condition of releasing the game :/

Its a case of a small group of people ruining it for others as usual, its how the world is unfortunately.

Like when Jamie Oliver banned Turkey Twizzlers. Not happy.

Areyouben said:

Actually, stages are run twice in WRC, so 30 would be enough to create a championship that way.

Fair point, but only a Championship of 12 stages per event, not any more like in real life. Wouldn't it be great if we could create and save a Championship of 12 unique stages per event and save it for later?  Or even better a Championship of 16 or even more unique stages per event, but unfortunately as I understand it, we can only have 12 stages per event in Dirt 4 anyway, another frustrating limitation for such an expansive and revolutionary system like "Your Stage" IMO.

But the good thing is we can have 12 unique stages per event and even for a full Championship, thanks to the "Your Stage" tech, we just dont have enough slots to save a whole Championship that way. But maybe this will be changed, Im really hoping it will.

Is there any chance we could get longer events too @KickUp? @Hatward ? Like 16 or 18 Stages per event? Even if it was just locally it would be great!

gfRally said:

Paul actually answered a similar question I asked. You can name the stages locally but only generated names are possible when you upload them. It was in order to avoid profanities in the stage names i believe.

Scyy said:

So i think my question may have been missed. @kickup can you save stages that you liked to a league so you can reuse them in the league without using up your own saved slots?

We haven't got clubs up and running yet but my hope is that you'll be able to set up league events with stages that won't eat into your saved slots. Part of the reason it is to be post launch is because we want players to be able to generate stages on the website. So you can create a championship of events on dirtgame.com without even having to launch the game. 

gfRally said:

Paul actually answered a similar question I asked. You can name the stages locally but only generated names are possible when you upload them. It was in order to avoid profanities in the stage names i believe.

Yes that is correct

@KickUp
This one is question for gossiping about Your Stage / Your Stage 2.0
You've talked about possibility for opening up Your Stage to give more options to players in the future and plans to developeing it further.
I would like to ask
1.) In theory could it be possible to give option to change road material (gravel -> tarmac) to create more variation for locations? (just watch some Tour of Epynt videos and it looks a bit like Wales stages but with tarmac)
2.) Could it be possible for Your Stage to combine elements from all locations and mix them to create new locations?

KickUp said:

gfRally said:

Yes that is correct

I guess this would be the same with the club/league setup as well, since they are or could be private?

This is from the Trailer and I think the conditions look Awesome.

Question is, how do you create those conditions, is there a Weather: 'Just stopped raining' setting ?  Roads are still wet and full of puddles, but sun is shining and patches of Sky are blue.
Are the Weather/Time options equal across all 5 locations (apart maybe Sweden)? So is an intermediate state like this also possible in Spain or Michigan or Australia?

SkyRex said:

This is from the Trailer and I think the conditions look Awesome.

Question is, how do you create those conditions, is there a Weather: 'Just stopped raining' setting ?  Roads are still wet and full of puddles, but sun is shining and patches of Sky are blue.
Are the Weather/Time options equal across all 5 locations (apart maybe Sweden)? So is an intermediate state like this also possible in Spain or Michigan or Australia?

In career events that have just had a wet (raining) Stage the next stage will still have a wet surface despite the conditions improving. That is because we control things more tightly there.
In Freeplay that is not the case as we let people set up their events with tighter control over conditions so we wouldn't want to intervene on their settings. 

KickUp said:
In Freeplay that is not the case as we let people set up their events with tighter control over conditions so we wouldn't want to intervene on their settings. 

Maybe add an option such as "Road condition" in the freeplay in a form of patch later on? If you can do that in the career mode, should be possible in freeplay as well.

More gossip about career mode would be fun to hear and single player in generel as it is shadowed by online stuff (understandable).

I wonder if your sponsor reputation can be so bad that they will not sponsor you anymore?
@KickUp
Now that there will be multiple classes in rallyes, will we get to see some longtime rivalries to come up with AI cars (same names but changing teams etc.), or is there even somekind of rivalry system similar to F1 2016 built in?

@KickUp Question: will all R5 cars make use of those awesome LED light-strips?

Pretty sure they all do. 

KickUp said:

Scyy said:

We haven't got clubs up and running yet but my hope is that you'll be able to set up league events with stages that won't eat into your saved slots. Part of the reason it is to be post launch is because we want players to be able to generate stages on the website. So you can create a championship of events on dirtgame.com without even having to launch the game. 

Awesome thanks @kickup.