DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

So I open the forum, 46 new post. Many questions answered. Very happy with all answers given by the Codies team. Man I am so thrilled to start playing Dirt4  B)

P308R said:

So I open the forum, 46 new post. Many questions answered. Very happy with all answers given by the Codies team. Man I am so thrilled to start playing Dirt4  B)

I can't tell you how excited we are to get it into your hands :)

Job3k said:

My friend got a question. Can you play music while racing?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say no, not using the game.  Feel free to play any music you like with whatever system you want during the time at which you're playing.

I think because of all the hype I'm doing to myself and you're doing I forgot to say a few very important words to all Codies.

Thank you very much for your openness. I know some people will whine about certain things, they always do (myself included).  But you did hell of a job in a last few years and pushed the industry in a really, really good way.

I don't know how to describe how thankful I am. Probably I'll finally keep my word and send you a cookies or some good Polish vodka (not sure if that would pass borders since brexit) :P 

Generally I'm feeling like this:

i think he means can you totally mute dirt 4 sounds which wasnt possible before.if you listen to music while gaming this can be annoying and should be simple to just mute all sounds.

KooP308R said:

I agree. The openness and community interaction from the dev team is something I've not seen that often.

We should applaud it, and I bet more dev teams wish they could do it. You guys rock!
edit: @versedi gets it!

They've done an amazing job indeed. Huge respect for the Dirt Team. The fact that they are so open towards the community is something many developers can learn from. They answer our questions honestly and sometimes they get new ideas, I presume, by looking at what the community writes.

One more thing, the community deserves some credit as well. If it wasn't for such an amazing, understanding and respectful bunch, things might have different. They might not communicate as directly,  often or honestly as they do now. 

To both the Dirt Team and the community:

it is very important to have honest feedback and answers from all involved in games.many companies dont want anything they cant control normally posted. the thing is if negativity or woe is being posted about the game your making its because its shit and it should be heard.

never sweep it under the carpet.

They've done an amazing job indeed. Huge respect for the Dirt Team. The fact that they are so open towards the community is something many developers can learn from. They answer our questions honestly and sometimes they get new ideas, I presume, by looking at what the community writes.

;)

urgaffel said:

;)

Bumper cam splash FTW! ;)

bogani said:

urgaffel said:

;)

Bumper cam splash FTW! ;)

Clearly the most important improvement in d4.

I know I have said it before but, as it's the current theme of the DiRTy Gossip thread, I must applaud the DiRT team for their openness on the forum. It's very rare to see a question posted on here that goes unanswered and even better to see minor (or perhaps major!) tweaks made to the final product as a consequence of what is said. 

I have recently made a couple of posts on the Ubisoft forum concerning potential patches for the new Ghost Recon and the frequency - and vagueness - of the official responses is pretty much the polar opposite of what we see here. 

I think Codemasters has changed their approach after the backlash on Grid2. I remember the Grid Autosport team was also very open and reactive within the community. I really appreciate this change in approach. With the ex-evolution studio members joining Codemasters as well it even does get better.

Maybe I am wrong but there was a certain direction in the past that didn't pay off and got many people unhappy. Surely within the Codies team as well. Now Codemasters has choses a different approach: interacting with community, handling critism in a different way, sharing their enthusiasm because of the enthusiasm they have for their product and not simply to get it sold. 

I play Codemaster games since the first TOCA on PSONE and I have enjoyed almost all games with a few exceptions. The exceptions are from a period their communication and type of business wasn't the one I appreciated the most. However with the change since Grid Autosport Codemasters has won me back in having interest in their games! 

It seems that Codemasters has build a strong team around them with car enthusiast in different disciplines, all easy to talk to. I miss a few of the ex-Codies staff also but the people in place at this point seem to have all eyes in the right direction.

As said, I am looking very much forward to Dirt4 but also I am thrilled to find out on what new IP "Rushy" is working on.

@KickUp A special thanks to you for answering all the questions and keeping involved with the community througout! 

P308R said:

I think Codemasters has changed their approach after the backlash on Grid2. I remember the Grid Autosport theme was also very open and reactive within the community. I really appreciate this change in approach. With the ex-evolution studio members joining Codemasters as well it even does get better.

Maybe I am wrong but there was a certain direction in the past that didn't pay off and got many people unhappy. Surely within the Codies team as well. Now Codemasters has choses a different approach: interacting with community, handling critism in a different way, sharing their enthusiasm because of the enthusiasm they have for their product and not simply to get it sold. 

I play Codemaster games since the first TOCA on PSONE and I have enjoyed almost all games with a few exceptions. The exceptions are from a period their communication and type of business wasn't the one I appreciated the most. However with the change since Grid Autosport Codemasters has won me back in having interest in their games! 

It seems that Codemasters has build a strong team around them with car enthusiast in different disciplines, all easy to talk to. I miss a few of the ex-Codies staff also but the people in place at this point seem to have all eyes in the right direction.

As said, I am looking very much forward to Dirt4 but also I am thrilled to find out on what new IP "Rushy" is working on.

@KickUp A special thanks to you for answering all the questions and keeping involved with the community througout! 

My pleasure :)

@KickUp @Hatward
If you still develop the Club System, maybe a 'immersive' suggestion: With the tech to have broken down rival drivers on stage, could you maybe look into ow difficult it would be for online leagues to implement? In the sense, that if someone retires on a stage, then all drivers on that stage afterwards would see that exact car broken down 'somewhere' on that stage. I suspect only one breakdown is possible to encounter, so the first one braking down on a stage will be the only one shown to others.

P308R said:

I think Codemasters has changed their approach after the backlash on Grid2. I remember the Grid Autosport team was also very open and reactive within the community. I really appreciate this change in approach. With the ex-evolution studio members joining Codemasters as well it even does get better.

It seems the "different approach" is paying off as well.
- F1 2016 - For most of Community, the best F1 game in the Franchise
- DiRT Rally - Best Rally game since forever, for some it's the best DiRT game in the Franchise.
- DR Early Acess Program - Hands down, Codies delivered the best EA on Steam.

Keep up with the good work, guys!!

I cant speak for the community, but looking back personally I remember being annoyed at Dirt 3 and scrolling through all the 'locked' DLC components of the game always being in your face.

I am sure glad CM has righted the ship so to speak, I can't imagine a genre and franchise I love being in better hands right now.

I cant speak for the community, but looking back personally I remember being annoyed at Dirt 3 and scrolling through all the 'locked' DLC components of the game always being in your face.

I am sure glad CM has righted the ship so to speak, I can't imagine a genre and franchise I love being in better hands right now.

You mean like Assetto Corsa does? And to an extent Forza... as well as pretty much anything else with DLC.

JZStudios said:

You mean like Assetto Corsa does? And to an extent Forza... as well as pretty much anything else with DLC.

Yes I guess. Never played either of them. Doesn't make it right though.
After D3 I can't tell you how hesitant I was to see the next entry.
The franchise had been gutted and CM was sinking as far as I was concerned. But to see DiRT Rally come to consoles with the same pure, focused vision as it had begun on Steam Early Access, and the way I have seen the team openly chat to the community in regards to DiRT 4, I have high hopes. 
It'd be nice if other developers followed suit. 

Where do they go from here though?  Soon, we'll have infinite stages & fixed handling.  DLC locations & Car packs are probable, as what would a new game bring to the party?  CM will have to wait for next gen to work on the next big game-changer?  They've done all they can with current hardware