DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Haha yeaaaa. This thread isn't really the place to use the off topic button  :#

Am I right in thinking that my stage doesn't include the option for surroundings I.e forests, mountains, hills etc ? 

RipperGP said:

Am I right in thinking that my stage doesn't include the option for surroundings I.e forests, mountains, hills etc ? 

Yes that's right. There is a fixed map for each location. The stage you are generating finds it's way through the fixed map meaning you could end up in open fields, through forests or along a lake etc.

JZStudios said:

Family Guy is for the people that know the original.

Also, horrendously off topic!

When did we start caring about being on topic in here? We've only had arguments about helicopters, water splashes, whining, thanking... a change of pace would be nice.

The helicopters and the water splashes stemmed from a D4 discussion and relate to rallying in some way. Family Guy doesn't.

I didn't bring up family guy.
Besides, maybe it's just me, but when I'm rally racing, I'm not in a helicopter.

I wonder if they have bridge option of the road goes through the lake

Uhh, you want to try saying that again in English please?

JZStudios said:

JZStudios said:

Family Guy is for the people that know the original.

Also, horrendously off topic!

When did we start caring about being on topic in here? We've only had arguments about helicopters, water splashes, whining, thanking... a change of pace would be nice.

The helicopters and the water splashes stemmed from a D4 discussion and relate to rallying in some way. Family Guy doesn't.

I didn't bring up family guy.
Besides, maybe it's just me, but when I'm rally racing, I'm not in a helicopter.

Not until we get Safari Rally stages anyway. Imagine that for co-op...

we are about 1 mount away from launch and we have not seen sweden,spain,michigan in full stage clips yet.... all we have seen is rx filmed with phones? and no gameplay how pvp rally works.. nothing.. maybe i should cancel my pre order?

nystedt88 said:

we are about 1 mount away from launch and we have not seen sweden,spain,michigan in full stage clips yet.... all we have seen is rx filmed with phones? and no gameplay how pvp rally works.. nothing.. maybe i should cancel my pre order?

Why?

nystedt88 said:

Are you paying to play the game or just to watch the previews? lol

I can tell you that Michigan is awesome. Out of all of them it's probably my favourite location. When you make a stage in Michigan on the longest length and on the highest complexity it is an incredible high speed flat out challenge. In an R5 car it is simply awesome, and you really need to concentrate for a solid 8minutes+ not to end up in the trees. 

nystedt88 said:

Its been pretty dismal as far as footage is concerned and I agree that its strange that no one who has the privilege to have access to the game,  has filmed full stages of those other countries and  uploaded it. But I did hear something said recently that new footage might be on the way from Codemasters. Like you said its only a month out and  I would imagine they are gonna want to promote it more leading up to the launch date.

I would love to see some full rally stage footage as you mentioned though, hopefully someone who has had access recently will upload something soon. They had the game setup up at the Hockenheim Rally Cross event a little while ago, but I dont know if people were only allowed to play Rally Cross or if they could play other stuff too?

I can tell you that Michigan is awesome. Out of all of them it's probably my favourite location. When you make a stage in Michigan on the longest length and on the highest complexity it is an incredible high speed flat out challenge. In an R5 car it is simply awesome, and you really need to concentrate for a solid 8minutes+ not to end up in the trees. 

Sounds like Finland all over again :D I'm really keen to try it out though, and Spain too...and Australia for that matter...oh and snazy new Wales as well!

Sweden... you can go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done  :/

I'd say there is a fair remount of gameplay and info out there. True that there's not a lot of rally gameplay though, this is the best video so far:
https://youtu.be/PLiEaOOdtG8

Rygar86 said:

nystedt88 said:

Its been pretty dismal as far as footage is concerned and I agree that its strange that no one who has the privilege to have access to the game,  has filmed full stages of those other countries and  uploaded it. But I did hear something said recently that new footage might be on the way from Codemasters. Like you said its only a month out and  I would imagine they are gonna want to promote it more leading up to the launch date.

I would love to see some full rally stage footage as you mentioned though, hopefully someone who has had access recently will upload something soon. They had the game setup up at the Hockenheim Rally Cross event a little while ago, but I dont know if people were only allowed to play Rally Cross or if they could play other stuff too?

They could play what they wanted and we allowed them to direct capture footage if they wanted to but they didn't. 

We can't hold a gun to journalists heads and force them to do anything and we have been so busy finishing the game that we haven't taken time out to capture gameplay footage. 

More footage will emerge over the next month. 

Can you tell something about spain?

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

nystedt88 said:

They could play what they wanted and we allowed them to direct capture footage if they wanted to but they didn't. 

We can't hold a gun to journalists heads and force them to do anything and we have been so busy finishing the game that we haven't taken time out to capture gameplay footage. 

That's good to hear, thanks for confirming my thoughts on this and I think it's great how much access you guys have given the Media and the general public so far and that they had 'full access' at Hockenheim.  I meant that the Journalist etc were kinda letting the side down, but I know you dont controll what they do. I just think its a shame (and a little weird) that the Journalists (or other folks) hadn't done more footage that we could all be drooling over right now.

I'll gladly record some proper gameplay. Just give me access to the game.

:#  :# o:)

KickUp said:

Rygar86 said:

nystedt88 said:

Send me a build and I'll capture some footage. Save you a job :D

@Rallycameraman with that comment, you are welcome to come 'over here' anytime you want, and drive our roads :) for real, welcome to America.  

Since Michigan is similar to where I live and my home rally event, I cannot wait to play this.

Sounds a bit like Finland without the extreme jumps. More enjoyable in my opinion, even though it would be cool to take on the finnish jumps with the new aero modeling.

bogani said:

I'll gladly record some proper gameplay. Just give me access to the game.

:#  :# o:)

im sure 99 percent of us in the thread would :# :D

i think we will see more footage soon especially with the game more or less done.

Yep I'm hoping to see some more substantial tarmac rally gameplay soon. 

Isr had a video of almost exclusively Spain and it looked good.