DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Scyy said:

Yep I'm hoping to see some more substantial tarmac rally gameplay soon. 

Isr had a video of almost exclusively Spain and it looked good.

Is there a link to this?

Scyy said:

Yep I'm hoping to see some more substantial tarmac rally gameplay soon. 

Isr had a video of almost exclusively Spain and it looked good.

Is there a link to this?

So it's all mixed into a video about Johns impressions but there is a good 10+ minutes laced into the video if I'm recalling correctly.  Sadly it's not direct captured but still gives a good idea about Spain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_P3UYfcHR4

Oh yeah ive seen that one. Thanks.
Hard to glean too much its so small. Looks like we go through an old village or something. Ace.

Rygar86 said:

I can tell you that Michigan is awesome. Out of all of them it's probably my favourite location. When you make a stage in Michigan on the longest length and on the highest complexity it is an incredible high speed flat out challenge. In an R5 car it is simply awesome, and you really need to concentrate for a solid 8minutes+ not to end up in the trees. 

Sounds like Finland all over again :D I'm really keen to try it out though, and Spain too...and Australia for that matter...oh and snazy new Wales as well!

Sweden... you can go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done  :/

I actually really enjoyed Sweden when I played it.

Add me to the list of people disappointed in the lack of directly captured rally footage. I haven't pre-ordered yet; I fully intend to, but I have been waiting for more footage of a few countries and cars first. At the moment, only the PlayStation Access footage shows an actual full stage I believe. It looks excellent, but I'd like to see more of the different car classes and surfaces.

Rygar86 said:

I can tell you that Michigan is awesome. Out of all of them it's probably my favourite location. When you make a stage in Michigan on the longest length and on the highest complexity it is an incredible high speed flat out challenge. In an R5 car it is simply awesome, and you really need to concentrate for a solid 8minutes+ not to end up in the trees. 

Sounds like Finland all over again :D I'm really keen to try it out though, and Spain too...and Australia for that matter...oh and snazy new Wales as well!

Sweden... you can go and sit in the corner and think about what you've done  :/

I actually really enjoyed Sweden when I played it.

How is it compared to DiRT Rally? In DR everywhere else I can drive pretty well but in Sweden I'm just terrible. Is there anything different or can we expect pretty much the same?

Add me to the list of people disappointed in the lack of directly captured rally footage. I haven't pre-ordered yet; I fully intend to, but I have been waiting for more footage of a few countries and cars first. At the moment, only the PlayStation Access footage shows an actual full stage I believe. It looks excellent, but I'd like to see more of the different car classes and surfaces.

+1
I mean preorder is really expemsive, I am waiting for more rally HC footage before I put my money on the table.

I *think* i know what you're saying, but honestly, the pre-order is the same price as the normal game......

I have a feeling that over the next few weeks, there will be a lot more compelling information coming out from a lot of sources that will hopefully push you over the edge for ordering :)

I *think* i know what you're saying, but honestly, the pre-order is the same price as the normal game......

I have a feeling that over the next few weeks, there will be a lot more compelling information coming out from a lot of sources that will hopefully push you over the edge for ordering :)

well that is the game isnt it.get it done release snipets to get us drooling and near release just tease a bit more.you dont want to show too much you need the hype and the bait. :D most here will buy whether video or not came out anyway :p

bogani said:

Sounds a bit like Finland without the extreme jumps. More enjoyable in my opinion, even though it would be cool to take on the finnish jumps with the new aero modeling.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/game/dirt-4/achievement/132590-Real-turbulent-juice.html

There will still be long jumps, don't worry ;).
I like the fact that it specifically says "cleanly" BTW, although I have a very bad feeling about this...

I'd like to see footage out of curiosity but it's not going to influence my decision, it's not like I'm on the fence about this game.  :p

What haven't we seen in detail yet? We've seen Wales and Australia, we already know what Sweden looks like for the most part, so all that's left is Spain and Michigan. I remember seeing some footage (not direct capture) from Michigan. I think we've seen Spain the least, I'm most curious about that.
 I think we've seen all the RX tracks, but I only recall seeing the Nevada Landrush track.

Not if you're prepared to wait it isn't. That's one reason why there are pre-order incentives, as otherwise waiting for reviews to appear and prices to drop decreases the amount that can be made (although I suspect in this case user reviews will help sell it, like with DR).

That's the same for everything!

However i'd like to play this game around when it comes out, not at Christmas in a sale.

However i'd like to play this game around when it comes out, not at Christmas in a sale.

Agreed, me too. Although that's an exception to my usual rule. With the way games are improved post-launch these days, I usually wait around a year before picking them up, but the DR Early Access programme was so solid I'm willing to give Codemasters a chance many others wouldn't - but I would like to see plenty more sim-oriented rally coverage before being 100%.

Agreed, me too. Although that's an exception to my usual rule. With the way games are improved post-launch these days, I usually wait around a year before picking them up, but the DR Early Access programme was so solid I'm willing to give Codemasters a chance many others wouldn't - but I would like to see plenty more sim-oriented rally coverage before being 100%.

As far as the handling goes, I think (based on what Codies have said) we can all be confident that it will be at least as good as Dirt Rally if not better as they have used the same handling and then did more work to improve it. So I would not worry if I were you but if your still skeptical, thats fair enough. Personally I trust them, and have no concerns about getting a sim experience like with Dirt Rally. 

Rygar86 said:

As far as the handling goes, I think (based on what Codies have said) we can all be confident that it will be at least as good as Dirt Rally if not better as they have used the same handling and then did more work to improve it. So I would not worry if I were you but if your still skeptical, thats fair enough. Personally I trust them, and have no concerns about getting a sim experience like with Dirt Rally. 

I'll be honest, I am concerned a bit about the handling in D4. I gave up on DR not too long ago after trying RBR with NGP. Aerodynamics aside, it feels so much more realistic, especially in terms of sliding and little impacts or touches with the track limits. DR has a tendency to be horribly unpredictable at times, which really got on my nerves. I'm confident enough in D4 to buy it (hell, I'm upgrading my PC before release :smiley:), but I'm still crossing my fingers.

Rygar86 said:

I'll be honest, I am concerned a bit about the handling in D4. I gave up on DR not too long ago after trying RBR with NGP. Aerodynamics aside, it feels so much more realistic, especially in terms of sliding and little impacts or touches with the track limits. DR has a tendency to be horribly unpredictable at times, which really got on my nerves. I'm confident enough in D4 to buy it (hell, I'm upgrading my PC before release :smiley:), but I'm still crossing my fingers.

Im okay with the impacts and touches in DR ( except for the snow banks in monaco) but I admit the sliding on tarmac can be difficult (and a bit unpredictable) to handle sometimes and to a degree takes away from the enjoyment. But its been reported to feel a lot better now for D4, so I really hoping I will like the changes and that its gonna be a lot more fun to drive.

I havent played the modded RBR so it would be interesting to drive and see the differences you talked about.

Im wondering if anyone knows if the new Audi in Dirt 4 (the yellow and white one with spoilers everywhere) is supposed to handle pretty much the same (or identically?) to the one in Dirt Rally that it is replacing? I think it has a shorter wheelbase for one thing, so Im imagining it might feel quite different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RKFLkP-WEM&t=115s

Rygar86 said:

Im wondering if anyone knows if the new Audi in Dirt 4 (the yellow and white one with spoilers everywhere) is supposed to handle pretty much the same (or identically?) to the one in Dirt Rally that it is replacing? I think it has a shorter wheelbase for one thing, so Im imagining it might feel quite different.

Even shorter wheelbase??
the one in DR was already almost a square

Lynx2000 said:

Rygar86 said:

Even shorter wheelbase??
the one in DR was already almost a square

Maybe it'll be like the toy cars in Burnout Paradise.
And they crash fantastically too.

@KickUp May i ask, Ford Focus 2007 with Castrol livery is Made custom buy team? Or is it "oficial livery"
2) there was https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/859795215481229312 suggestion the game is gone gold.
That means Car deals are closed so the question is, 307cc or C4 :)?

Put it this way, first things I noticed when playing dirt 4:
-Increased braking distance and improved braking feel.
-Better airborne physics, and general aerodynamics improvements
-Much better stage edges, you can actually take realistic cuts in Wales without being launched into the sky!

@KickUp May i ask, Ford Focus 2007 with Castrol livery is Made custom buy team? Or is it "oficial livery"
2) there was https://twitter.com/Hatward/status/859795215481229312 suggestion the game is gone gold.

1) Castrol livery is made by the team
2) no 307 or C4

Put it this way, first things I noticed when playing dirt 4:
-Increased braking distance and improved braking feel.
-Better airborne physics, and general aerodynamics improvements
-Much better stage edges, you can actually take realistic cuts in Wales without being launched into the sky!

Love the increased braking distance. Going to make a huge difference!

KickUp said:

1) Castrol livery is made by the team
2) no 307 or C4

So we can pretty much assume the cars listed in the confirmed cars thread is the full car list at launch?

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/48873/dirt-4-confirmed-car-list#latest