DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

human1101 said:

@KickUp Congratulations, if i didnt know the tracks wre generated i wouldnt be able to tell at all

Thanks - the team have done incredible work making the dream a reality I'm really glad you like what you are seeing.

KickUp said:

human1101 said:

@KickUp Congratulations, if i didnt know the tracks wre generated i wouldnt be able to tell at all

Thanks - the team have done incredible work making the dream a reality I'm really glad you like what you are seeing.

Yup. It truly seems to be a game changer :)

ask and you shall receive! Spain looking pretty punishing... looks like there'll hopefully be a lot of flow to be had tho - can't wait!

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

if im honest im surprised they havent let porkhammer do some footage.i d obviously do some aswell if it was needed.i think many here from the sim side want to see how it is in action.as some have said already people want to see if anything like dirt 2/3 handling is in there.which is too easy.

overall seen some great stuff from the video they were terrible though.also on sweden the track width was close to double of dirt rally.you could see on play back you could fit two stratos side by side.which i cant remember that in dirt rally.

as we get nearer release i do expect to see more media so hopefully we push a bit more of the sim side now aswell.

i know if i was doing it i would show one stage from each location rallied cleanly / decently with sim handling with different weather in each if possible. also on pc as graphically it should be better.

Where and who gets codes is down to our Publisher and not us. We are hoping to showcase some of the stuff that you guys have been asking for soon. I think @ChristinaMc maybe asking for requests on the lead up to this but I don't want to speak on her behalf as I am not 100% sure on the plans.

Correct - our publishers will take the lead on code distribution, but I will have some scope to influence this/get some codes of my own. :)

Worth mentioning that there are some videos in the works for approval too. With the more press-orientated/wider audience stuff, we need to showcase breadth and excitement in a short amount of time... but for the more simulation-based stuff, we're finding some fun ways we can show you this. ;)

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

if im honest im surprised they havent let porkhammer do some footage.i d obviously do some aswell if it was needed.i think many here from the sim side want to see how it is in action.as some have said already people want to see if anything like dirt 2/3 handling is in there.which is too easy.

overall seen some great stuff from the video they were terrible though.also on sweden the track width was close to double of dirt rally.you could see on play back you could fit two stratos side by side.which i cant remember that in dirt rally.

as we get nearer release i do expect to see more media so hopefully we push a bit more of the sim side now aswell.

i know if i was doing it i would show one stage from each location rallied cleanly / decently with sim handling with different weather in each if possible. also on pc as graphically it should be better.

Where and who gets codes is down to our Publisher and not us. We are hoping to showcase some of the stuff that you guys have been asking for soon. I think @ChristinaMc maybe asking for requests on the lead up to this but I don't want to speak on her behalf as I am not 100% sure on the plans.

Correct - our publishers will take the lead on code distribution, but I will have some scope to influence this/get some codes of my own. :)

Worth mentioning that there are some videos in the works for approval too. With the more press-orientated/wider audience stuff, we need to showcase breadth and excitement in a short amount of time... but for the more simulation-based stuff, we're finding some fun ways we can show you this. ;)

Interesting ;)

I would also like to add that it was nice to see the good old Baja location back from dirt 2 make a return i DiRT4. It would be interesting if it was possible for the Codies to reuse some of the old rally locations from DiRT2 to make a your stage location for possible DLC. Malaysia and Croatia comes to mind

I would also like to add that it was nice to see the good old Baja location back from dirt 2 make a return i DiRT4. It would be interesting if it was possible for the Codies to reuse some of the old rally locations from DiRT2 to make a your stage location for possible DLC. Malaysia and Croatia comes to mind

I adored Croatia and Malaysia in D2, the tracks were just gorgeous. Would definitely approve DLC for these locations if possible with Your Stage!

I adored Croatia and Malaysia in D2, the tracks were just gorgeous. Would definitely approve DLC for these locations if possible with Your Stage!

Argentina First! Croatia can be second though

I'm getting hyped, hyped, hyped.

Not sure if it's Polish distributor idea but there will be t-shirts sold which will give an additional discount on the game itself. Any other countries have this too?

Can't wait to get back home from work and watch the video of Stratos in Sweden with sounds.
How does it feel? :>

versedi said:

Not sure if it's Polish distributor idea but there will be t-shirts sold which will give an additional discount on the game itself. Any other countries have this too?

Can't wait to get back home from work and watch the video of Stratos in Sweden with sounds.

Marketing t-shirt always have such great fitting. 

Nooooot.

ChristinaMc said:

I've got the 411 with the youtubes @ChristinaMc - I'll email my D4 video links to ALL my friends and family.

I love how you can read breaking (literally) news of the event in the service park, it will really enhance the immersion!

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

look forward to seeing new material.especially the sim side of Dirt 4

bogani said:

versedi said:

Nooooot.

My DR one fits pretty well to be fair :)

bogani said:

versedi said:

Nooooot.

You must have HUGE arms! ;)

Well they were most definitely using gamer handling, and they still couldn't make it round a corner without crashing! Still, good to see some of the other locations

bogani said:

bogani said:

versedi said:

Nooooot.

You must have HUGE arms! ;)

I wish! Its a snuggish fit but its comfortable. I have quite wide shoulders, rugby player sort of build (without a lot of that muscle lol)

One good thing about watching scrubs race is we get a better look at the improved damage model.
Looking good!

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Press event in Poland? Hopefully there will be footage :)

https://twitter.com/KonradAdams/status/862216234754084864

tbtstt said:

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal. People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

When in Rome...!

tbtstt said:

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

My leather-bound books are bigger and my apartment smells more rich mahoganier... >_>

carpa said:

I love how you can read breaking (literally) news of the event in the service park, it will really enhance the immersion!

It was done in Richard Burns Rally back in 2004 but nice to see good ideas being implemented in D4 (flying finish, etc.).

tbtstt said:

KickUp said:

dgeesi0 said:

My leather-bound books are bigger and my apartment smells more rich mahoganier... >_>

I dont know how to read, and Im homeless.  Looking at the pretty pictures of D4 easies my pain :joy:

I even made a little sign: 'will work for game code'