DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

tbtstt said:

Will there be any Codemasters presence in Mettet this weekend @KickUp/@ChristinaMC?

Yup - Product Manager Andy Gray will be out there :)

tbtstt said:

Will there be any Codemasters presence in Mettet this weekend @KickUp/@ChristinaMC?

Cool, will keep my eyes peeled for him! 

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

You'll most likely find him chilling out in the PS RX tent. They have the best tent (with the best sweets!)

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

You'll most likely find him chilling out in the PS RX tent. They have the best tent (with the best sweets!)

Coincidentally that's my fave tent to lurk around, as it has the highest Solberg content of the paddock.

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

Coincidentally that's my fave tent to lurk around, as it has the highest Solberg content of the paddock.

100% concentration I've heard, they're quite rare in the wild!

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

They're not that rare, relatively speaking! I saw one just a week and a bit ago in the forests of northern England.

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

tbtstt said:

They're not that rare, relatively speaking! I saw one just a week and a bit ago in the forests of northern England.

Did you catch it? I heard that if you leave a Citeon DS3 there as bait, they flock

P308R said:

Incredible that those screens are from a PS4!

Well... not as incredible when you stack them against Gran Turismo Sport screens, but definitely awesome nevertheless.

Azoresst said:

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/862684019657498624

Now that is pure awesomeness right there. Excuse me while I go to the bathroom :D

Can we have this car in Dirt 4 pretty pleeeaaasssseeee??? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74VaFpfqjyM

the cossie and that tarmac dreams.... :D                          

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560/DiRT_Rally/
For all of you who haven't given it a chance yet, DiRT Rally now has a FREE weekend on Steam!
Should be fun.

Rygar86 said:                                                                                                       

Watching some of the gameplay thats out there, I was wondering what the penalty for not stopping at the Marshall in time/ overshooting is. @KickUp

Etirion said:

Watching some of the gameplay thats out there, I was wondering what the penalty for not stopping at the Marshall in time/ overshooting is. @KickUp

There isn't a penalty.          

Watched the whole Gamekings footage and can't wait to see some actual sim channels get ahold of the game to try it out in this way. The game looks visually superb and the Your Stage tech looks seamless (though I'm curious as to how frequently that El Molar hairpin will crop up in Spain!), but so far this video adds to the illusion that the handling model is awful. I realise it's "Gamer" settings and I'm not the intended audience, but setting fastest sectors after rolling the car several times and driving Sweden like it's asphalt is just doing the opposite of making me hyped so far.

Again, I read above and I know this is the publisher's decision, but all I can see they're doing so far (for people who don't follow this forum) is serving to alienate people like myself brought back to the fold by DR. 

I like every screen I see of the game and, even if I don't 100% agree with them all, all the comments from the dev folk on here about the game's direction and am hoping to be excited by the footage soon, but I really hope you can wrangle some codes from the publishers for some PC sim channels (Jimmy Broadbent, ISR, Empty Box etc). I really want to make this my second ever pre-order (the first was TOCA World Touring Cars, so also CM!), am just waiting to see something, anything, that says "similar physics to DR but better aero" to me.

Hey, I bet DR was easier without idiots like me moaning before trying it out, right!? :tongue:

Last time I mention this for a few weeks, I promise, just wanted to put into words.

P308R said:

Incredible that those screens are from a PS4!

Well... not as incredible when you stack them against Gran Turismo Sport screens, but definitely awesome nevertheless.

Azoresst said:

https://twitter.com/dirtgame/status/862684019657498624

Now that is pure awesomeness right there. Excuse me while I go to the bathroom :D

Yeah, we won't get graphics in GTS level. Not even on PC. Polyphony always had the most realistic lightning and color palette when it comes to graphics imo. Photo realism is usually just a silly term, but it's getting quite close.

Not sure I've seen this pic before?                                                                                                                               

KickUp said:

Etirion said:

There isn't a penalty.          

IN THAT CASE...

Sorry guys but Gran Turismo doesn't look that good. Their lightening is very good but all looks pretty dull, bland and boring. Then we didn't even talk yet about the utterly dissappointed physics and controller feedback.

D4 has a much more gritty look and adds huge plusses in terms of sound, environments and longlivety with its YourStage. 

GTS will be good for photomode and Pikes Peak but for the rest I can't see it bringing the exitement that other racers and ralliers do!