DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Watched the whole Gamekings footage and can't wait to see some actual sim channels get ahold of the game to try it out in this way. The game looks visually superb and the Your Stage tech looks seamless (though I'm curious as to how frequently that El Molar hairpin will crop up in Spain!), but so far this video adds to the illusion that the handling model is awful. I realise it's "Gamer" settings and I'm not the intended audience, but setting fastest sectors after rolling the car several times and driving Sweden like it's asphalt is just doing the opposite of making me hyped so far.

Again, I read above and I know this is the publisher's decision, but all I can see they're doing so far (for people who don't follow this forum) is serving to alienate people like myself brought back to the fold by DR. 

I like every screen I see of the game and, even if I don't 100% agree with them all, all the comments from the dev folk on here about the game's direction and am hoping to be excited by the footage soon, but I really hope you can wrangle some codes from the publishers for some PC sim channels (Jimmy Broadbent, ISR, Empty Box etc). I really want to make this my second ever pre-order (the first was TOCA World Touring Cars, so also CM!), am just waiting to see something, anything, that says "similar physics to DR but better aero" to me.

Hey, I bet DR was easier without idiots like me moaning before trying it out, right!? :tongue:

Last time I mention this for a few weeks, I promise, just wanted to put into words.

The best example I've seen so far is probably the Impreza from the Playstation Access video.

https://youtu.be/8OaiU0AJnis?t=3m7s

Another example I come to think of is the Fiesta R5 in Australia. That one was released just after the Dirt 4 launch event if I recall correctly. That looked pretty good.

Rygar86 said:

KickUp said:

Etirion said:

Watching some of the gameplay thats out there, I was wondering what the penalty for not stopping at the Marshall in time/ overshooting is. @KickUp

There isn't a penalty.          

IN THAT CASE...

I wouldn't want to be one of those marshals, expecially when I think about how I tend to finish stages! OT: it seem @KickUp
Has been tagged so many times in this thread the forum gives me the option to do so even if i haven't touched the @ button  :D

KickUp said:

Etirion said:

Watching some of the gameplay thats out there, I was wondering what the penalty for not stopping at the Marshall in time/ overshooting is. KickUp

There isn't a penalty.          

Just to be clear. If you crash  just after you cross the finish line, before the marshals, that damage will be carried over to the next stage?

bogani said:

KickUp said:

Etirion said:

Watching some of the gameplay thats out there, I was wondering what the penalty for not stopping at the Marshall in time/ overshooting is. KickUp

There isn't a penalty.          

Just to be clear. If you crash  just after you cross the finish line, before the marshals, that damage will be carried over to the next stage?

Yes. 

@KickUp But if you restart, damage will be repaired, correct? Was that thing (where the car was damaged and seemed to repair itself mid-stage) I discussed sometime back just a bug?

@KickUp But if you restart, damage will be repaired, correct? Was that thing (where the car was damaged and seemed to repair itself mid-stage) I discussed sometime back just a bug?

I watched that clip, it was when the car lightly clipped a barrier it looked to reset.  Unless there is something weird going on with the laws of physics on this planet, that's a bug.

Driver: Damn it! We just damaged the rear right!´

Co-driver: Slide wide on this next corner and hit the railing, that should fix it.
*hits guardrail*

Driver: Damage fixed! Who knew crashing could be so useful.

Co-driver: Don't forget to fix that front left puncture on the next big pothole you can find.

:D

bogani said: a

Watched the whole Gamekings footage and can't wait to see some actual sim channels get ahold of the game to try it out in this way. The game looks visually superb and the Your Stage tech looks seamless (though I'm curious as to how frequently that El Molar hairpin will crop up in Spain!), but so far this video adds to the illusion that the handling model is awful. I realise it's "Gamer" settings and I'm not the intended audience, but setting fastest sectors after rolling the car several times and driving Sweden like it's asphalt is just doing the opposite of making me hyped so far.

Again, I read above and I know this is the publisher's decision, but all I can see they're doing so far (for people who don't follow this forum) is serving to alienate people like myself brought back to the fold by DR. 

I like every screen I see of the game and, even if I don't 100% agree with them all, all the comments from the dev folk on here about the game's direction and am hoping to be excited by the footage soon, but I really hope you can wrangle some codes from the publishers for some PC sim channels (Jimmy Broadbent, ISR, Empty Box etc). I really want to make this my second ever pre-order (the first was TOCA World Touring Cars, so also CM!), am just waiting to see something, anything, that says "similar physics to DR but better aero" to me.

Hey, I bet DR was easier without idiots like me moaning before trying it out, right!? :tongue:

Last time I mention this for a few weeks, I promise, just wanted to put into words.

The best example I've seen so far is probably the Impreza from the Playstation Access video.

https://youtu.be/8OaiU0AJnis?t=3m7s

Another example I come to think of is the Fiesta R5 in Australia. That one was released just after the Dirt 4 launch event if I recall correctly. That looked pretty good.

For me it's the Fiesta R5 run through Wales from the PlayStation Access video. That's the most convincing so far, although I'm guessing there must be some assists on for that one as the car seems to stop on a penny when asked (just saying that contradicts what a lot of the folk who tried it have said).

im sure we will see more sim footage soon.they wouldn't keep the sim mode handling if it wasn't sim ;)

Driver: Damn it! We just damaged the rear right!´

Co-driver: Slide wide on this next corner and hit the railing, that should fix it.
*hits guardrail*

Driver: Damage fixed! Who knew crashing could be so useful.

Co-driver: Don't forget to fix that front left puncture on the next big pothole you can find.

:D

Maybe the engine cannot render more damage so it fixes the places that were damaged before :D

ark13700 said:

https://youtu.be/918P2nvEdeU?t=5m41s

This was posted before, but it's good to go from that arcadey dutch footage to this footage. It looks a hundred times better.

If you look at the trucks in the latest official trailer from Codemasters they look extremely stiff when landing, like there is no suspension travel at all, but when you see actual gameplay they absorb bumps with the suspension like you would expect.

I find it quite interesting that how cars move/behave in trailers doesn't really reflect the actual gameplay.

https://youtu.be/uPGxOIXSAG4

yes something is cooking. something about 10 clock aswell. hmmm....

Ok, earlier lunch then...
[Twin Peaks theme playing in background....]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmvKZtkZw0E

new trailer!

very nice trailer  B)

Might be a live DiRT Show soon. Might show all the stuff you wanna see. Maybe, who knows, etc

dgeesi0 said:

very nice trailer  B)

U. 

Indeed. Much better than the last one imo.

Don't mind the U. If I delete it it would have jumped in the quote box  :s

a little thing but will mute mp mics be in from the start ? this always seems to slip through in previous games and for mp its quite annoying. really looking forward to mp rallying with people.