DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Alan Wake on sale for about $3 tomorrow as they can't sell it after this weekend (music royalty rights)

Rygar86 said:

On a more "on-topic" note (that's heresy here, I know), I don't like the whole "Fearless" thing. That is for me one massive BS. There's no such thing as not feeling fear. It's how our brains work, it's a part of us humans that we can't remove. The important part is to not let that fear influence our decisions in a wrong way. You should in fact try and control your own fear so that you can take advantage of it and know better where the limits are.

I have to agree but also disagree with you here. The term fearless is a bit of a misnomer, all people feel fear in dangerous situations unless they are insane. But what it often refers to is bravery or perhaps supreme courage despite adversity. So in the world of marketing, fearless just sounds a lot better! Big games that cost a lot of money to make need marketing and they have to create something to sell the brand and the product and spark folks imagination and get them excited.

I personaly think that 'fearless' works very well for a Rally game and is very appropriate to the sport. Because to me Rally (not Rally Cross) drivers are the bravest in all motor sport, as they deal with the harshest of roads and conditions and every time they get into the car they step into the 'unknown' more than an circuit driver ever has to. To do what they do at the highest level, to me is quite extraordinary, because they have to be very brave, very skilled, very determined and also a little bit mental!

Are we fearless when we are playing a game? Not really, but it speaks of the mentality and commitment that even the 'player' needs to get the most fun out of a game like this and so I think they did a good job with the approach that they have taken. The word fearless in english conjurs up these kinds of thoughts and ideas of heroic acts or endeavors that we all seem to admire and most of us wish we had the plumbs to do  :p

After all, games are usually about being the hero ;)

Hence this...

What about 'Be Brave' then? Nice touch to Paul Coleman's DiRT Rally pacenote call at the same time ;)

If we change our Player Name to 'Sammy Please' we should unlock this guy as our co-driver...
https://youtu.be/e-ldnoCx4SQ

It's like watching a driving instructor teaching a Russian Mafia's boss how to drive while going on a road in the middle of a minefield with a Peugeot 205 T16 Group B with the default DiRT Rally setup

Alan Wake on sale for about $3 tomorrow as they can't sell it after this weekend (music royalty rights)

Would have flagged OT,, but it's an incredible game.

Tried to flag it as OT myself, but apparently you're not allowed to.

took care of that for you :joy:

I'm just really looking forward to the new Grp B Quattro & Michigan...

https://youtu.be/cDRkHXMHqFo

OFF-TOPIC(?) but I have to say that I'm so angry seeing Assetto Corsa get the Toyota Celica ST185 Gr.A in their next DLC that I just want to swear... Ok here it comes, brace yourselves, I just can't help myself: fruitcake.

Can someone tell me why there always is that trail of white smoke behind the S1 E2 ? Are those exhaust fumes, was it really that dirty??
I can think of much older race and rallycars that didn't leave such a trail so I find it hard to believe this was the state of the art?
Or was the reglement that loose so manufacturers just didn't care about the gases once they were past the turbo?
Or was that from the clutch slowly ablating over the course of the day? Can't think of anything else to produce such smoke in normal use

gfRally said:

Tried to flag it as OT myself, but apparently you're not allowed to.

took care of that for you :joy:

and for a moment I was like - I'm going to ask @gfRally why the he.. he did that? Then it striked me. It's the most on topic discussion in history of the forum ;)

SkyRex said:

Can someone tell me why there always is that trail of white smoke behind the S1 E2 ? Are those exhaust fumes, was it really that dirty??
I can think of much older race and rallycars that didn't leave such a trail so I find it hard to believe this was the state of the art?
Or was the reglement that loose so manufacturers just didn't care about the gases once they were past the turbo?
Or was that from the clutch slowly ablating over the course of the day? Can't think of anything else to produce such smoke in normal use

Has to be a combo of heavy over-fuelling & waste-gate.  I'm pretty sure IC water spray wasn't a thing back then??

Didzis said:

Scyy said:

Whoops, that's all I meant was the non censored one.

We won't, because of the reason it got censored in the first place. Tobacco and alcohol ads are not allowed and 555 is a brand of tobacco 

Oh I know why, just saying I wish we could get it.

KevM said:

O

SkyRex said:

Has to be a combo of heavy over-fuelling & waste-gate.  I'm pretty sure IC water spray wasn't a thing back then??

There were no rules back then. 

That's why Audi secretly stuck a Lada diesel under the hood as an additional powerplant.

KevM said:

O

SkyRex said:

That's why Audi secretly stuck a Lada diesel under the hood as an additional powerplant.

We can only hope that Codemasters recorded the authentic Soviet diesel sound for Dirt 4.

KevM said:

O

SkyRex said:

Very funny!

It's a bit off topic but nonetheless interesting: Tour European Rally - Transilvania Rally 2017.
It looks like the Hyundai R5 is becoming quite a popular car to drive.
The championship only consists of 6 rallies but there are some interesting and well known locations.
Here's a summary of the first round:
http://www.terseries.com/en/media/video/70/ter-tour-european-rally-2017-transilvania-rally-tv-magazine

It's not Dirt4 related but since there was some speculation going on about the WRC license here on the forum, I saw that "WRC the game" posted on their facebook page that they will announce some big news next week.
Along with a teaser photo, a blurry picture of half of the front bumper from a 2017 i20 WRC car.

https://www.facebook.com/wrcofficialgame/photos/pb.329071630598218.-2207520000.1494703373./780964382075605/?type=3&theater

sqdstr said:

It's not Dirt4 related but since there was some speculation going on about the WRC license here on the forum, I saw that "WRC the game" posted on their facebook page that they will announce some big news next week.
Along with a teaser photo, a blurry picture of half of the front bumper from a 2017 i20 WRC car.

https://www.facebook.com/wrcofficialgame/photos/pb.329071630598218.-2207520000.1494703373./780964382075605/?type=3&theater

Something about the rim on the car is telling Kylotton are the devs.

sqdstr said:

Something about the rim on the car is telling Kylotton are the devs.

If they could just get their engine sounds a lot more improved, that would probably enough already for me to get the new WRC game.
I mean come on, if u see what Dirt Rally (already 2-3 years old now) delivered in terms of sound, and Dirt 4 even better, I would be ashamed to release a game with cars that sound like vacuum cleaners...

I realy liked DIRT RALLY  i have also pre ordered DIRT 4 but what wories me is the amount of  negative comments (2011 graphics etc.) on dirt chanel videos on youtube  i fear that this might have  big negative  impact on the sales of  DIRT 4
in my opinion the advertisement of the game is poor a gameplay video must be released  
thanks for reading

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

I hope that in dirt 4 we will be able to maintain the seen tv especially that helicopter please!
To see not only the beautiful graphics that the develloper do but also our race seen from above.
Thank you for not forgetting that. This is important please!

Maintain

the TV view of each of the viewing angles as in the WRC2001 game on PS2.In the WRC2001

game there is the button holding the view.

see game link

http://images.google.fr/imgres?imgurl=https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/50/WRC-World_Rally_Championship.jpg&imgrefurl=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Rally_Championship_(2001_video_game)&h=362&w=256&tbnid=h-u1EwMgoaSRfM:&vet=1&docid=B7FPFUm8hd-FxM&ei=K2dXWNi5EcqtaZGZp-AN&tbm=isch&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=552&page=1&start=18&ndsp=18&ved=0ahUKEwiY-_DPuv_QAhXKVhoKHZHMCdwQMwg9KBkwGQ&bih=608&biw=1366

I play Rally games for years and when I see the rally with the choice to

maintain the views, it is very apreciable.

The XBOX is a super powerful machine with beautiful graphics compared to the

PS2 console and I would not understand why one can not make the choice to

maintain the TV view as on the PS2 console as on the game WRC2001

I speak of game WRC2001 because it is only in this one that we can maintain the

TV view and change the other views, my favorite being the helicopter view with zoom or not (beautifull)

see video to the minute 2:20 clic image

So when I try rally games and there is no helicopter view and besides that we

can not maintain the view of the camera on all the angles of view then I am

disappointed.

There is another

seen missing also in dirt rally, the sight of pursuit.

Not the one that sticks the car but the one that follows the road while

following the car from 3 to 6 meters behind without sticking the car.

see video to the minute 3:51 (poursuit)

In the game Dirt Rally on XBOX, the slowdowns of the camera TV are predefined,

one is obliged to follow the change of camera corresponding to each parcel of

the course. One can not

choose on this part of the course the TV view that one wants.

Can you add this improvement which is for me and for others very important to

maintain the view of the TV camera and to take example on WRC2001 of the PS2 or

one can maintain with the button the TV view ?

The most

important sight for me is the sight helicopter. The landscapes of the Dirt

Rally games are beautiful, it would be a shame not to enjoy more 

Having the choice to keep the TV view must be in all rally games.

You can watch a whole Stage from helicopter if you want. You can also watch it from TV style or onboards too.  

I was talking about this, about new generation consoles.
On the consoles will there be seen helicopter?

A reply from the develloper would be welcome, thank you

It was already confirmed, that if you wish to do so, you can even watch the whole replay from heli-cam.